Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    The highest paid center is 4yr 50mill... I think we could cut Preston and sign Linsley. Plus maybe keep one of Williams and Jones.

King is gone and honestly replaceable
    here is the question though, who do you replace King with? Do you trust Jackson has turned the corner and has become a solid starter? do you draft a replacement? do you think the late rd and UDFA's are enough to replace him? I mean yeah its easy to say ok lets get rid of him because of the injuries but, on the flip side when he is healthy he is a really good CB.

I would certainly hope they get King back even if it's a two year type deal and they draft another option.

I think you can easily let Linsley go with Patrick on the roster, but then there is also potentially Hanson or a draft pick. Most likely Patrick though.

I Linsley is gone. Options to try out on that front. I think king might be gone. Really depends on his asking price though. Some team could throw money his way. I think we almost have to trust jackson, sullivan, hollman as our options next year and probly draft a cb high or sign a cheap vet. Maybe both. I think Aaron Jones walks. Unless they really come together on cheaper contract. I would be okay with Jamal williams our lead back as much as I love Jones

There is no reason for King to be gone. With his injury history, he should not be priced out of Green Bay.

Linsley is probably gone. And that's OK. Patrick will play center and Runyan will play RG.

I think Linsley is gone too unless his market stinks. It always felt like only 1 of Linsley or Bak would be back and Bak's massive deal sort of cements that in my mind. Before the year started, Turner felt like an obvious cut. He's played much better this year, so he's not as obvious any more. But I still think he's a risk to be cut. It's also possibls he could have his deal redone.

That being said, I think we are in a good place to wait the market out. There will be vets who can be had for dirt cheap. So given Jenkins ability to play T or G (or actually C too but that's unlikely) and Patrick's ability to play G or C, we can wait and see who's available for cheap. You can go with Bak at LT and runyan at RG, then see who you can get. If it's a G, the Jenkins goes to RT and Patrick to C. If it's a RT, then Jenkins goes LG and Patrick C. If it's a C, then Jenkins goes RT and Patrick goes LG.

I saw it brought up last page and there are guys who write for Packers who think Jackson may have moved King to bench...as crewfan said PFF seems to like him but I have been pretty underwhelmed. I mean he's fine but not sure if he has replaced King who had 5 picks last year and is much better than Jackson when healthy imo. I do like what I am seeing from Holman too. PFF also seems to love Chandon Sullivan and I think he is fine but nothing special. Raven Greene at times can really jump off the screen. Martin too but they are inconsistent. This defense has some guys who flash but nothing consistent week-to-week

Raven Greene is really good at playing stuff in front of him. He can make some plays vs the run and he's done a nice job of picking up crossers in front of him and stuff. Where I think I've seen him struggle the most is when he has to turn and run behind him, especially if the guy has a 2 way break. Not sure if he has bad hips or bad agility or what, but I think that's a limiting factor for him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12