Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 67 of 67
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,634
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    He'd build the team and then hate it. He would shred his own players for sucking and start complaining about them, as if they were another person's choices and team. He would ridicule it and talk about he would build a much better team, if he had the chance.
    : Truth.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  2. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    24,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    He'd build the team and then hate it. He would shred his own players for sucking and start complaining about them, as if they were another person's choices and team. He would ridicule it and talk about he would build a much better team, if he had the chance.
    I think they resign DJ and don't do much else and go into next season with basically the same team and hope for better health/results.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    9,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    I absolutely would rather have Gleyber and DJ. Let me ask you a question, why do you want a hitter, who has a sub .200 BA with runners in scoring position, the last 2 seasons, rather than DJ, who is batting something like .370+ in that same category, during the same period with the yankees? If by some weird happenstance, the yankees end up with Lindor, I never want to hear a pro Lindor yankee fan on this forum, mention, how he doesn't hit in the clutch and is a rally killer.
    I've said repeatedly that I think DJ is the better fit the next couple yrs, its after that it becomes a problem. When DJ is starting to decline Lindor will be hitting his prime.

    Gleyber is not a good defensive SS his numbers last yr were close to Andujar at 3rd and Frazier in RF last yr bad. It also greatly effected his offense. In Gleyber we have an very good 2nd baseman with a superstar bat and the kid is only 23. Long term for the Yanks having Torres play at his peak levels is huge. If playing SS makes him a league average player like he was last yr vs the AS with alot of MVP votes in his future like we've seen the last couple yrs it would be stupid not to move him back.

    80% or more of the rumors we have heard this winter about the Yanks have been about them looking for an upgrade at SS. We need another elite LHed bat and the best SS in baseball happens to be available at a big discount, seems like a solid fit for me.

    I think DJ is absolutely a fantastic player and would love to have him back, that said if he demands a 5yr 120m plus deal I think Lindor make more sense for the next 5yrs and definitely beyond

  4. #64
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    35,685
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I've said repeatedly that I think DJ is the better fit the next couple yrs, its after that it becomes a problem. When DJ is starting to decline Lindor will be hitting his prime.

    Gleyber is not a good defensive SS his numbers last yr were close to Andujar at 3rd and Frazier in RF last yr bad. It also greatly effected his offense. In Gleyber we have an very good 2nd baseman with a superstar bat and the kid is only 23. Long term for the Yanks having Torres play at his peak levels is huge. If playing SS makes him a league average player like he was last yr vs the AS with alot of MVP votes in his future like we've seen the last couple yrs it would be stupid not to move him back.

    80% or more of the rumors we have heard this winter about the Yanks have been about them looking for an upgrade at SS. We need another elite LHed bat and the best SS in baseball happens to be available at a big discount, seems like a solid fit for me.

    I think DJ is absolutely a fantastic player and would love to have him back, that said if he demands a 5yr 120m plus deal I think Lindor make more sense for the next 5yrs and definitely beyond
    How about lets be greedy and re-sign DJ and trade for lindor.

    Heh.

    Infield rotation between

    Good
    Lindor
    Torres
    DJ
    Voit

    Or maybe you can trade voit in a package to aquire a TORP. Put DJ at first where he should age well.

    I know, just being silly.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    9,424
    I'm sold Slick, I'll start the thread, u call cash.
    To me the ideal situation would be DJ @ 1st Torres @2nd Lindor *** and Gio @3rd. Then trade Voit in a package for a TORP.

    To me Lindor is a top 10 player, is only 26 and is the best SS in baseball. I think if they get him and Judge never stays healthy enough to warrant the huge contract that he'll want it would make it much easier to walk away from Judge. I just see Lindor as a perfect addition to this team both short and long term.

    The other thing with the CBA ending after next yr and the luxury tax expected to go way up I'd prefer to have a 1yr head start on signing Lindor.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,744
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I've said repeatedly that I think DJ is the better fit the next couple yrs, its after that it becomes a problem. When DJ is starting to decline Lindor will be hitting his prime.

    Gleyber is not a good defensive SS his numbers last yr were close to Andujar at 3rd and Frazier in RF last yr bad. It also greatly effected his offense. In Gleyber we have an very good 2nd baseman with a superstar bat and the kid is only 23. Long term for the Yanks having Torres play at his peak levels is huge. If playing SS makes him a league average player like he was last yr vs the AS with alot of MVP votes in his future like we've seen the last couple yrs it would be stupid not to move him back.

    80% or more of the rumors we have heard this winter about the Yanks have been about them looking for an upgrade at SS. We need another elite LHed bat and the best SS in baseball happens to be available at a big discount, seems like a solid fit for me.

    I think DJ is absolutely a fantastic player and would love to have him back, that said if he demands a 5yr 120m plus deal I think Lindor make more sense for the next 5yrs and definitely beyond
    I'm curious why everyone is so eager for another albatross contract, after Stanton. If Lindor was a younger version of DJ, i might be inclined to agree with ppl, but he's actually a lot closer to a javier baez or Didi Gregorius, and I'm sorry, but that's just a serious downgrade from DJ in the short term. Who cares about years 5-10 and beyond? Everyone on this team is only under control for 4 more years where they will be at their peak and that's the window that we should be most concerned with. Especially players like Voit, Urshela, Torres, Frazier and Judge (2 years). These are also Cole's prime years. Let's worry about 2025 in 2025.

    Why would playing SS make Gleyber league average? Was Gleyber a league average hitter in 2019 when he played SS? As I told posada, Gleyber hasn't played SS full time since 2016, when he was 19. With TJ surgery, being brought up when he was 21 and with the yankees moving him to second base, when has Gleyber truly had the chance to learn SS for one whole season? Many kids his age are still in AA. Is it any wonder he's not a polished defensive wizard yet, at more difficult position than second? I'll live with the growing pains, just like i did with Frazier when he was learning. I found it hard to believe he would not improve. Now he's gold glove caliber. Lindor would be an awful use of resources. Just give DJ the money and move on, and focus on pitching.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    36,748
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    How about lets be greedy and re-sign DJ and trade for lindor.

    Heh.

    Infield rotation between

    Good
    Lindor
    Torres
    DJ
    Voit

    Or maybe you can trade voit in a package to aquire a TORP. Put DJ at first where he should age well.

    I know, just being silly.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Greed is good.

    Get em both.



    Ignorance is bliss

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •