Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Very difficult decision. High production contact bat with a good glove, although aging or a stellar SS with an average bat and exceptional glove.

Tough. I love Lindor and in a perfect world would like both. But the question in my mind, who is essential to lineup now. As I have said in the past, Lindor is a luxury not a necessity. DJ on the other hand is a key cog in the offense while playing exceptional D. Has DJ priced himself out of the Yankees comfort zone? Asking for too long a term? Lindor is younger, but likely more costly.

What they really need to focus on is the rotation!
    Lindor's has a career 116 wRC+, I'd say his bat is a bit better than average.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Lindor's has a career 116 wRC+, I'd say his bat is a bit better than average.
    True. I stand corrected.

Just seems average compared to a two time batting champ.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

True. I stand corrected.

Just seems average compared to a two time batting champ.
    I think Lindor is the safer option. It usually isn't smart to commit a lot of money to aging players.

I think Lindor is the safer option. It usually isn't smart to commit a lot of money to aging players.
    Again true. DJ is safe on a short term deal 2 yrs with an option, anything beyond that introduces risk imo.

Truth is I absolutely love Lindor, would love to have him. But I don't believe he's a requisite piece to the puzzle. Front end pitching is a more dire concern.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Again true. DJ is safe on a short term deal 2 yrs with an option, anything beyond that introduces risk imo.

Truth is I absolutely love Lindor, would love to have him. But I don't believe he's a requisite piece to the puzzle. Front end pitching is a more dire concern.
    Yeah, replacing DJ with Lindor certainly does not make the team drastically better in the short-term.

Lol that doesn't paint the while picture. The near MVP is in his mid-30s while the young and switch hitting* SS is a star player.
    But still the rightful mvp nevertheless, irregardless of him being 32 years old. And they are both star players, so everything being equal, who helps the yankees more right now? I keep hearing they are in a win now mode and that their window is quickly closing. Does trading for and signing an inferior player help them to their goal in that tight window?

Yeah, replacing DJ with Lindor certainly does not make the team drastically better in the short-term.
    I would argue that a 177 wRC+ is a better than a 102 wRC+ by quite a wide margin, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    But still the rightful mvp nevertheless, irregardless of him being 32 years old. And they are both star players, so everything being equal, who helps the yankees more right now? I keep hearing they are in a win now mode and that their window is quickly closing. Does trading for and signing an inferior player help them to their goal in that tight window?
    Did those damn election machines screw up the vote for the MVP also? Somebody better call the media. DJ finished a distant 3rd in the voting and its actually a good thing for the Yanks

Answer a question for me would you rather have Gleyber at 2nd and Lindor at SS or DJ at 2nd and Torres at SS for the next 5yr ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Hmm, still

we know Posada would never have the guts to actually build a team that backs up what he says and compete. I still stand by my offer start with our current roster, payroll has to be 210m and all trades have to be approved by a neutral trade machine and play me in a SIM league

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Did those damn election machines screw up the vote for the MVP also? Somebody better call the media. DJ finished a distant 3rd in the voting and its actually a good thing for the Yanks

Answer a question for me would you rather have Gleyber at 2nd and Lindor at SS or DJ at 2nd and Torres at SS for the next 5yr ?
    I absolutely would rather have Gleyber and DJ. Let me ask you a question, why do you want a hitter, who has a sub .200 BA with runners in scoring position, the last 2 seasons, rather than DJ, who is batting something like .370+ in that same category, during the same period with the yankees? If by some weird happenstance, the yankees end up with Lindor, I never want to hear a pro Lindor yankee fan on this forum, mention, how he doesn't hit in the clutch and is a rally killer.

Very difficult decision. High production contact bat with a good glove, although aging or a stellar SS with an average bat and exceptional glove.

Tough. I love Lindor and in a perfect world would like both. But the question in my mind, who is essential to lineup now. As I have said in the past, Lindor is a luxury not a necessity. DJ on the other hand is a key cog in the offense while playing exceptional D. Has DJ priced himself out of the Yankees comfort zone? Asking for too long a term? Lindor is younger, but likely more costly.

What they really need to focus on is the rotation!
    Sadly.. Lindor right now is extremely costly... $$$$ aside... He's a member of the Cleveland Indians.. meaning.. you're going to have to trade for him... some where speculating what it would take to get him and the Haul that they put forward from another team (Phillies) is a level of specs that I would not part with... Lindor is good.. but 2 top 10 specs plus 3 others in your top 30 for 1 year guarantee... (and we still don't know how much of next year even happens yet)... that's just too pricey for a luxury... now next offseason when he's a UFA.... Go get him Yankee FO...

Still, this team scored plenty of runs... but they had difficulty keeping the other team from doing the same.. beyond Cole... Crickets... Tanaka and Pax are UFA's, and they were our #s 2 & 3 guys going into last year... (though pax ended up spending it on the IL).. I would love is German came back to be the guy we had in 2019... Sevy won't even start throwing (say nothing of pitching) until the start of ST... anything we have from him will be a bonus this year... 2022 is when I expect to see the Ace we had back (if he ever does get back... )...Monty is a fine guy at a #5... Garcia is a rook... Will he step forward next year? But that still means in ST and opening day.. we are looking at best at 4 spots filled... does not mean filled well...

No lindor would be nice.. but until he's a pitcher... He should only be looked at for dirt cheap prices this year... We can win with the offense we had (sign DJ as he was OUR MVP for the last 2 years)... but with the current bodies in the rotation... the Yanks wuld be hard pressed to keep the other team from outscoring them 4 out of every 5th day... We need at least one guy at this point.. let German and Monty and Garcia have the 3-5 spots.. we do NEED at 2... sadly.. beyond Bauer, I'm not seeing much that I'd spend much on.. and the best are either clearly in decline.. or on the wrong side of 35 already... and if yo don't want to sign DJ due to his age... you sure would not want Morton at 37 for the same reason... This UFA season is very thing on top end pitching... very thin...

I don't know... whose pitching at the same time? Because it won't matter which set you choose if your pitchers are giving up gopherballs all day...and beyond Cole.. the top 3 in our rotation is pretty barren... German and Monty can handle 4/5... but we need help at 2 & 3...

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I agree. My feeling is if you can have one or the other, I would go with Lindor. He sets up the middle IF for 7-10 years.
    My dream world, the Yankees somehow move Stanton, keep DJ and move him to first and Voit is the DH.
    Dreams aside, I think we will be lucky if we end up with either DJ or Lindor. I fear the FO will cut costs and Cashman will dumpster dive.

Ignorance is bliss

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    we know Posada would never have the guts to actually build a team that backs up what he says and compete. I still stand by my offer start with our current roster, payroll has to be 210m and all trades have to be approved by a neutral trade machine and play me in a SIM league
    He'd build the team and then hate it. He would shred his own players for sucking and start complaining about them, as if they were another person's choices and team. He would ridicule it and talk about he would build a much better team, if he had the chance.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    Sadly.. Lindor right now is extremely costly... $$$$ aside... He's a member of the Cleveland Indians.. meaning.. you're going to have to trade for him... some where speculating what it would take to get him and the Haul that they put forward from another team (Phillies) is a level of specs that I would not part with... Lindor is good.. but 2 top 10 specs plus 3 others in your top 30 for 1 year guarantee... (and we still don't know how much of next year even happens yet)... that's just too pricey for a luxury... now next offseason when he's a UFA.... Go get him Yankee FO...

Still, this team scored plenty of runs... but they had difficulty keeping the other team from doing the same.. beyond Cole... Crickets... Tanaka and Pax are UFA's, and they were our #s 2 & 3 guys going into last year... (though pax ended up spending it on the IL).. I would love is German came back to be the guy we had in 2019... Sevy won't even start throwing (say nothing of pitching) until the start of ST... anything we have from him will be a bonus this year... 2022 is when I expect to see the Ace we had back (if he ever does get back... )...Monty is a fine guy at a #5... Garcia is a rook... Will he step forward next year? But that still means in ST and opening day.. we are looking at best at 4 spots filled... does not mean filled well...

No lindor would be nice.. but until he's a pitcher... He should only be looked at for dirt cheap prices this year... We can win with the offense we had (sign DJ as he was OUR MVP for the last 2 years)... but with the current bodies in the rotation... the Yanks wuld be hard pressed to keep the other team from outscoring them 4 out of every 5th day... We need at least one guy at this point.. let German and Monty and Garcia have the 3-5 spots.. we do NEED at 2... sadly.. beyond Bauer, I'm not seeing much that I'd spend much on.. and the best are either clearly in decline.. or on the wrong side of 35 already... and if yo don't want to sign DJ due to his age... you sure would not want Morton at 37 for the same reason... This UFA season is very thing on top end pitching... very thin...
    Agree. As I have said from the outset, as much as I like Lindor, he's a luxury not a necessity. Addressing the rotation is an URGENT necessity! Don't want Morton, Bauer or bust, even though he comes with a bit of baggage. Tanaka on a short term deal makes sense and maybe kick the tires on Taijuan Walker. Walker’s career numbers are good – 3.84 ERA over 108 games with 8.2 strikeouts-per-nine – and, like Tanaka, he is good for the middle of the rotation.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast