Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    since stanton is here to stay why not look to trade judge.. you cannot have 2 similar players on the same team.. if stanton can play right hopefully big if stay healthy that means you can have andujar at dh..
    I would love to see U and Posada put together a Yanks team based on a 210m payroll for the 2021 season. I bet the team you guys would put together wouldn't even win 90 games in a SIM league

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I would love to see U and Posada put together a Yanks team based on a 210m payroll for the 2021 season. I bet the team you guys would put together wouldn't even win 90 games in a SIM league
    Lmao

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Since you've both stated in the past that you guys a very happy that i am not the GM of anything I'd gladly make a wager and play you 2. 210M payroll, using the current roster and all trades have to be approved through here...https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/trade-simulator/
    If i win you guys have to post in the Mets forum

Since you've both stated in the past that you guys a very happy that i am not the GM of anything I'd gladly make a wager and play you 2. 210M payroll, using the current roster and all trades have to be approved through here...https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/trade-simulator/
    If i win you guys have to post in the Mets forum
    whose idea was it to trade for stanton or resign chapman? those 2 moves now in hindsight were bad moves..

whose idea was it to trade for stanton or resign chapman? those 2 moves now in hindsight were bad moves..
    what the hell does that have to do with my challenge ? U guys say i suck and you guys suggest all these moves, step up and prove it

what the hell does that have to do with my challenge ? U guys say i suck and you guys suggest all these moves, step up and prove it
    i don't make negative comments about anyone unless they do it to me first and i do not think i ever said anything negative about you....

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    German won’t start next season in the rotation come on . And if he is our #2 or 3 to start the season then the yanks are in trouble . As for lindor I agree 100% , I don’t want him either . Last thing this team needs , is to be stuck with yet another high priced bat for the next 7 plus seasons . I rather take my chances on dj for the next 4 , possibly 5 years .
    i never said I didn't want Lindor.... I do believe that if it's a choice between DJ or Lindor... DJ costs $$$$ right now... and right now.. Lindor costs MAJOR specs and $$$$$.... DJ is the better choice...

NOW: Next year.... when Lindor is a UFA... and only costs $$$$$... like a diamondback... strike...

Though the real problem is... if Gleyber's issues were much Like Fraziers (a blip.. NOT the norm), then Lindor is clearly a bad decision...

Worse.. We need at least 1 starter much more than we need Lindor.... Offense we have.. pitching... well, we have some (Cole), and some wildcards (Sevy, German....etc)... We may very well be fine.. but I'd be much happier with another horse in the rotation.. and not someone who I'd rather have Deivi in instead... much like the options at the trade deadline....

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Lindor also has a low K% and is a fantastic defender at a premium position. Not to mention he is much younger than DJ. He is also a lefty which would be nice with the right handed heavy lineup. Lindor is a star you can build around, DJ is not. I understand if they choose Lindor over DJ.
    First... LH vs RH is HIGHLY overrated.. worse in Yankee stadium.. LH hitters who come here have a nasty habit of becoming dead pull hitters (Tex, Jason Giambi...and many others) and we could be better without them... few ignore that urg (Cano)....DJ being and RH hitter who hits both RH and LH pitchers effectively you need to keep.... if you want Lindor that's fine... but I would want him to add on to DJ... because I've seen many teams with HIGH OBP and Low K hitters win championships as its hard to shut them down... the majority of out bats seem to be all (bombs) or nothing (outs... whether K's or lazy popups/groundouts)....

Either way... pitching really needs to be the focus... we can live and win without Lindor... but not without at least another arm in the rotation.

The funny part is.... you say that... but the guys that really matter are not (The NY Yankee front office).....

The question is.. whose correct?

I'll go with the guys who actually get paid for that over you (or Myself even)....

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    First... LH vs RH is HIGHLY overrated.. worse in Yankee stadium.. LH hitters who come here have a nasty habit of becoming dead pull hitters (Tex, Jason Giambi...and many others) and we could be better without them... few ignore that urg (Cano)....DJ being and RH hitter who hits both RH and LH pitchers effectively you need to keep.... if you want Lindor that's fine... but I would want him to add on to DJ... because I've seen many teams with HIGH OBP and Low K hitters win championships as its hard to shut them down... the majority of out bats seem to be all (bombs) or nothing (outs... whether K's or lazy popups/groundouts)....

Either way... pitching really needs to be the focus... we can live and win without Lindor... but not without at least another arm in the rotation.
    Lindor is a switch hitter though and while I generally agree about the RH/LH thing, some balance is nice. Especially when you do have the short porch in right, it would be insane not to take advantage of it. While we have seen left handers become pull happy, it is on the coaches and players to stay disciplined. I wouldn't say, do not take advantage of your home ballpark because a guy might become pull happy.

Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post

It has less to do with production and more to do with keeping the pitcher from getting into a groove by only pitching to righties.

Do you want the rightful AL mvp and someone who hits .360+ or do you want someone young and left handed? Answer me that.
    Last edited by Webslinger; 11-19-2020 at 11:55 PM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

Hmm, still

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    It has less to do with production and more to do with keeping the pitcher from getting into a groove by only pitching to righties.

Do you want the rightful AL mvp and someone who hits .360+ or do you want someone young and left handed? Answer me that.
    Lol that doesn't paint the while picture. The near MVP is in his mid-30s while the young and switch hitting* SS is a star player.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Lol that doesn't paint the while picture. The near MVP is in his mid-30s while the young and switch hitting* SS is a star player.
    Very difficult decision. High production contact bat with a good glove, although aging or a stellar SS with an average bat and exceptional glove.

Tough. I love Lindor and in a perfect world would like both. But the question in my mind, who is essential to lineup now. As I have said in the past, Lindor is a luxury not a necessity. DJ on the other hand is a key cog in the offense while playing exceptional D. Has DJ priced himself out of the Yankees comfort zone? Asking for too long a term? Lindor is younger, but likely more costly.

What they really need to focus on is the rotation!
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast