Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Are the Yankees eyeing Lindor market before signing DJ?

Are the Yankees eyeing the Francisco Lindor market before signing DJ LeMahieu?
    by Thomas Carannante

https://yanksgoyard.com/2020/11/14/y...ahieu-signing/
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Very interesting and it makes sense.
    I love DJ and would love to have both guys on this team but given the choice? I go with the younger of the two for a longer deal

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Very interesting and it makes sense.
    I love DJ and would love to have both guys on this team but given the choice? I go with the younger of the two for a longer deal
    long term, i agree. My source is saying the Yanks are shopping for a SS hard and are either going to look to make a short term deal with the intention of going after one of the premier SS available in next yrs class. Besides my sources just about every analyst is talking about the Yanks as the likely landing spot for Lindor

I want DJ back in the worst way but if his starting asking price is 5yrs125m like is been reported i just don't see the Yanks bringing him back for either that long or at that salary

I thought his asking price was 4 and 100 mill , when did it go up ? Either way I think it would be dumb to spend big on offense yet again like in 17 and yet again ignore the starting rotation again . You would think the Stanton trade would have taught them something

You all are going to be real disappointed when the team signs a washed up Simmons to play SS and lets DJ walk.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    You all are going to be real disappointed when the team signs a washed up Simmons to play SS and lets DJ walk.
    If that means they sign Bauer , I won’t be disappointed . I rather they use their money on starting pitching and bullpen help then another bat . It didn’t work 3 years ago .

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    If that means they sign Bauer , I won’t be disappointed . I rather they use their money on starting pitching and bullpen help then another bat . It didn’t work 3 years ago .
    What makes you think they are going to go after Bauer?

This kind of reminds me of when the yankees pursued Mike Stanton on a long term deal instead of JD Martinez on a short one. I guess we know how that turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    What makes you think they are going to go after Bauer?
    Never said they were going after Bauer . I only said I would be happy with Simmons IF that meant they were going after Bauer

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    This kind of reminds me of when the yankees pursued Mike Stanton on a long term deal instead of JD Martinez on a short one. I guess we know how that turned out.
    Thinking long term has been the totally wrong way to go with a team that’s supposed to be built to win a ws now . Long term plans are for teams rebuilding

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    long term, i agree. My source is saying the Yanks are shopping for a SS hard and are either going to look to make a short term deal with the intention of going after one of the premier SS available in next yrs class. Besides my sources just about every analyst is talking about the Yanks as the likely landing spot for Lindor

I want DJ back in the worst way but if his starting asking price is 5yrs125m like is been reported i just don't see the Yanks bringing him back for either that long or at that salary
    5 for 125 is a big contract. He's earned it but I agree, I don't think they bring him back on that type of deal. I could see 4 for 90-100 AAV but that 5th year could be the deal breaker.

You know who will pay that? The Mets. Cohen wants to make a splash. Signing DJ and Bauer would do just that. Bump Cano to first or third and stick DJ at second?

Any buzz about the Yankees looking at the SS, Korean kid Kim?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    5 for 125 is a big contract. He's earned it but I agree, I don't think they bring him back on that type of deal. I could see 4 for 90-100 AAV but that 5th year could be the deal breaker.

You know who will pay that? The Mets. Cohen wants to make a splash. Signing DJ and Bauer would do just that. Bump Cano to first or third and stick DJ at second?

Any buzz about the Yankees looking at the SS, Korean kid Kim?
    what i was told that the Yanks will either sign a 1yr stop gap like Simmons and wait for next yrs elite FA SS class or they will do what they can to get Lindor.

While i haven't heard anything directly about the kid from Korean, from what have read he is more of a top prospect with a high ceiling vs an immediate upgrade for next yr. So from what i understand the he wouldn't be a fit for what the Yanks are looking for for next yr.

what i was told that the Yanks will either sign a 1yr stop gap like Simmons and wait for next yrs elite FA SS class or they will do what they can to get Lindor.

While i haven't heard anything directly about the kid from Korean, from what have read he is more of a top prospect with a high ceiling vs an immediate upgrade for next yr. So from what i understand the he wouldn't be a fit for what the Yanks are looking for for next yr.
    So I guess what it boils down to, do they go all out and try to secure Lindor now or wait for the next FA class that includes Baez, Seager, Story, Lindor and Correa. Not sure what it will take to pry Lindor now, but if they wait it's only money and they have their pick amongst the group. Trading for Lindor means trading for one year, Hal doesn't take kindly to paying twice.

Some stop gap moves maybe? : Simmons is a great glove as is Freddy Galvis. Didi is a possibility. Marcus Semien and Brandon Crawford could be affordable stop-gap trade pieces.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    So I guess what it boils down to, do they go all out and try to secure Lindor now or wait for the next FA class that includes Baez, Seager, Story, Lindor and Correa. Not sure what it will take to pry Lindor now, but if they wait it's only money and they have their pick amongst the group. Trading for Lindor means trading for one year, Hal doesn't take kindly to paying twice.

Some stop gap moves maybe? : Simmons is a great glove as is Freddy Galvis. Didi is a possibility. Marcus Semien and Brandon Crawford could be affordable stop-gap trade pieces.
    All true. I think Semiens will get a multi yr deal and Didi just doesn't seem to be interested in coming back. I do think Crawford is a definite possibility, especially with him being married to Coles lil sis

Depending on cost and with all extra specs we have from cutting multiple farm team, i could see them being far more willing to pay twice for a player like Lindor. I completely get not wanting to pay twice but to acquire elite talent sometimes you have to, like the Dodgers did with Betts. If they really want Lindor like its being reported, having a yr to work out an extension would give them a huge leg up in resigning him. Having his best friend on the team doesn't hurt either. Lindor and Gio would have one hell of a defensive left side of the infield

All true. I think Semiens will get a multi yr deal and Didi just doesn't seem to be interested in coming back. I do think Crawford is a definite possibility, especially with him being married to Coles lil sis

Depending on cost and with all extra specs we have from cutting multiple farm team, i could see them being far more willing to pay twice for a player like Lindor. I completely get not wanting to pay twice but to acquire elite talent sometimes you have to, like the Dodgers did with Betts. If they really want Lindor like its being reported, having a yr to work out an extension would give them a huge leg up in resigning him. Having his best friend on the team doesn't hurt either. Lindor and Gio would have one hell of a defensive left side of the infield
    True. Would be ideal if that extension could be worked out in advance.

Just read a potential trade scenario. Indians get: Frazier, Andújar, Gil (Yankees’ No. 5 prospect), Abreu (Yankees’ No. 12 prospect) Is that enough to get it done?

The Indians have been desperately seeking offense particularly in the outfield. Is Frazier the answer? They know him well. Four years of club control, in 2020, .394 OBP and a .511 SLG while showing improved defense. Andujar, 25 also comes with 4 years of control and a potent bat. Cleveland would be obtaining two cost-controlled position players ready to contribute. Gil and Abreu, high-octane stuff would fit well in an organization that gets as much as any other out of promising young arms.

Scenario becomes more interesting / intriguing if Yankees don't re-sign DJ.

Are the chips, particularly Frazier and Andujar, better spent on pitching?
    Last edited by drt1010; 11-16-2020 at 02:39 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast