Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,688

    Sanchez trade rumors

    Top Landing Spots and Trade Packages for Yankees' Gary Sanchez amid Rumors
    ZACHARY D. RYMER
    NOVEMBER 13, 2020

    According to Dan Martin, Ken Davidoff and Joel Sherman of the New York Post, the Yankees are willing to listen to offers for Sanchez this winter. If so, the questions are which teams might be interested and what the Yankees might extract from them.


    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ez-amid-rumors
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,Ē JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    5,009
    They wonít end up trading him , they ď listened to offers ď this past deadline and didnít trade him either . I fully expect him to be back next season

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    9,476
    They deal for Gray probably has the most upside for us next yr. Honestly i think all those packages are going to be light in Cashmans eyes for Sanchez. I will be very surprised if he basically gives him away.

    I fully expect them to trade Sanchez for practically nothing to a team with a " catcher whisper" ala Tony Pena and watch Sanchez atleast return to 2019 levels if not better. IMO its on the Yanks for messing Sanchez up so much, making him work with and learn 3 different defensive styles from 3 different coaches in 4yrs didn't help. He'll never do it in NY again but i would be surprised if he didn't put up huge numbers elsewhere

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    5,009
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    They deal for Gray probably has the most upside for us next yr. Honestly i think all those packages are going to be light in Cashmans eyes for Sanchez. I will be very surprised if he basically gives him away.

    I fully expect them to trade Sanchez for practically nothing to a team with a " catcher whisper" ala Tony Pena and watch Sanchez atleast return to 2019 levels if not better. IMO its on the Yanks for messing Sanchez up so much, making him work with and learn 3 different defensive styles from 3 different coaches in 4yrs didn't help. He'll never do it in NY again but i would be surprised if he didn't put up huge numbers elsewhere
    Itís not all the coaches fault if the talent isnít totally there or willing to learn . Remember he had attitude problems back in the minors too . You ever consider that a reason why none of the approaches worked was maybe because he is simply not a great catcher ? I mean the only time he was actually good was when he had someone constantly pushing him . And even then he wasnít always good , and 2018 proves it . Any mlb player that has to constantly be guided and pushed to play well is simply not a very good player imo .
    Last edited by Posada20; 11-14-2020 at 02:17 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    9,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Itís not all the coaches fault if the talent isnít totally there or willing to learn . Remember he had attitude problems back in the minors too . You ever consider that a reason why none of the approaches worked was maybe because he is simply not a great catcher ? I mean the only time he was actually good was when he had someone constantly pushing him . And even then he wasnít always good , and 2018 proves it . Any mlb player that has to constantly be guided and pushed to play well is simply not a very good player imo .
    Of course

  6. #6
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    35,732
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Of course
    Day

    Buddy

    Pal

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,761
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    They deal for Gray probably has the most upside for us next yr. Honestly i think all those packages are going to be light in Cashmans eyes for Sanchez. I will be very surprised if he basically gives him away.

    I fully expect them to trade Sanchez for practically nothing to a team with a " catcher whisper" ala Tony Pena and watch Sanchez atleast return to 2019 levels if not better. IMO its on the Yanks for messing Sanchez up so much, making him work with and learn 3 different defensive styles from 3 different coaches in 4yrs didn't help. He'll never do it in NY again but i would be surprised if he didn't put up huge numbers elsewhere
    This is extremely unlikely. When was the last time you saw someone hit .180 and .140 two out his last 3 seasons and flourished thereafter with another coach or team? I think we have to face that fact that Gary could be our Chris Davis. If Gary bats .270-.300 like when he started, I'd be dumbfounded, since i'd find it hard to believe this has actually occurred in major league baseball before. Gary has averaged a .200 BA and .296 OBP the last 3 seasons. Shockingly enough this still puts him in the middle of the pack with a 98 wRC+

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    36,832
    His value is so low right now, it will be tough to get a good return.
    I keep hoping someone would take him and Stanton a a package even if just for one high level prospect and a couple mid level. One low cost, high risk reward guy and take on 2/3rds of Stanton's deal as part of the cost of Sanchez.

    I could see Sanchez having a monster year next year. If this season didn't break him completely, it could make him hungry. He is a great hitter when he's right. He can hit to all fields and his K rate is much better than it was last year. He could likely be one of those players that the Stats like launch angle, exit velocity..., got into his head.



    Ignorance is bliss

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    9,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    His value is so low right now, it will be tough to get a good return.
    I keep hoping someone would take him and Stanton a a package even if just for one high level prospect and a couple mid level. One low cost, high risk reward guy and take on 2/3rds of Stanton's deal as part of the cost of Sanchez.

    I could see Sanchez having a monster year next year. If this season didn't break him completely, it could make him hungry. He is a great hitter when he's right. He can hit to all fields and his K rate is much better than it was last year. He could likely be one of those players that the Stats like launch angle, exit velocity..., got into his head.
    I agree completely, IMO their is no doubt about his talent with the bat. I'm really going to be interested to see if they give him away, get a descent return or keep him because they don't feel they can get a equal return.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    5,009
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I agree completely, IMO their is no doubt about his talent with the bat. I'm really going to be interested to see if they give him away, get a descent return or keep him because they don't feel they can get a equal return.
    I think the latter is going to happen . Cashman is set on the belief that Sanchez is worth a lot more than he really is . The only way I can see Sanchez being traded is if he is part of a multi player deal .

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    24,197
    It is time to move on from Sanchez. He has power but the majority of his ABs are not even competitive. Getting a defensive minded catcher with some contact ability would balance the lineup a bit as well.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    36,832
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    It is time to move on from Sanchez. He has power but the majority of his ABs are not even competitive. Getting a defensive minded catcher with some contact ability would balance the lineup a bit as well.
    I am fine either way to be honest. I do think he has absurd potential at the plate and if he can go back to hitting the ball and not hitting HRs, I think we see a big change from this past season.

    I also recognize he may be broken and unable to be fixed in NY, so it may be better to move on and make Higgy the every day guy.



    Ignorance is bliss

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    24,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I am fine either way to be honest. I do think he has absurd potential at the plate and if he can go back to hitting the ball and not hitting HRs, I think we see a big change from this past season.

    I also recognize he may be broken and unable to be fixed in NY, so it may be better to move on and make Higgy the every day guy.
    I've kinda given up. For a catcher, his numbers in 2019 were pretty good. Even so, when you analyze his ABs on an individual basis, a large number are completely noncompetitive and easy outs. Like you have pointed out so many times with all the strike outs, I think Sanchez is the one should go. Judge and Stanton strike out a lot but they also are good hitters who put together good ABs, work counts, and get on base. Sanchez doesn't do those things and he doesn't make up for it on defense.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    36,832
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I've kinda given up. For a catcher, his numbers in 2019 were pretty good. Even so, when you analyze his ABs on an individual basis, a large number are completely noncompetitive and easy outs. Like you have pointed out so many times with all the strike outs, I think Sanchez is the one should go. Judge and Stanton strike out a lot but they also are good hitters who put together good ABs, work counts, and get on base. Sanchez doesn't do those things and he doesn't make up for it on defense.
    Agreed. As much as Judge and Stanton K, they often get deep into counts and make the pitcher work.
    Sanchez had some of the least competitive ABs, I've seen in a long time.



    Ignorance is bliss

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    9,476
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I agree with much of the sentiment already expressed. I was never a Sanchez fan. My concern is with return value. His is so low at the moment I wonder if it's the opportune time to move him. Imo return would not be optimal.

    His potential is high and has not yet been realized. Maybe a change in scenery is best for all? IDK.
    I agree completely. Cashman has always valued Sanchez extremely highly, i'm just not sure he gets the return he wants. The one thing i could see forcing Cash to move him is Sanchezs 6m salary next yr. If they bring back DJ or get Lindor they may have to let him go to use that money else where. I just don't know where they are going to find another catcher for less money. we'll see

    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Agreed. As much as Judge and Stanton K, they often get deep into counts and make the pitcher work.
    Sanchez had some of the least competitive ABs, I've seen in a long time.
    His ABS at the plate this yr were so bad, he didn't look like he had a clue up there. I think the Yanks are just as responsible for Sanchezs huge decline as Sanchez is. Having to learn 3 different catching styles in 4yrs didn't do him any favors on either side of the ball

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •