Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Zelina Vega released

That breaks my heart. I loved her but rumors are she supported unionization. Even tweeted about it 15 minutes before she was given her "future endeavors" motif WWE loves to give their recently released superstars.

That sucks, she was one of the hottest women on the roster. Yeah, I'm sure the union talk is what did her in. Yes, they should have a union, but any kind of talk like that and Vince is going to drop you.

Its a shame that Zelina and Paige have bigger balls than all of the male locker room when it comes to calling out WWE.

This ******** that the WWE tries to pull rank on these wrestlers when they are "independent contractors" is a complete joke.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-13-2020 at 07:39 PM.

It's funny to see all the folks on Twitter complain about how WWE is bad and AEW is the great savior. Because I assure you that Cody and Tony Khan ain't tolerating any of unionization talk.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

you wonder if she would some how have a wrongful termination suit, I mean its been no secret she was let go because of her Union talk.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    you wonder if she would some how have a wrongful termination suit, I mean its been no secret she was let go because of her Union talk.
    Not really. Vince is very difficult to beat in court. He drags it out because he doesn't care how much it will cost him to win. Others don't have that option. Plus with the independent contract I don't think they would have much standing in court. He can let them go at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Not really. Vince is very difficult to beat in court. He drags it out because he doesn't care how much it will cost him to win. Others don't have that option. Plus with the independent contract I don't think they would have much standing in court. He can let them go at any time.
    I do think the time of Vince being able to squeeze out everything he can out of the "independent contractor" label is coming to an end soon. Some entity or class action lawsuit will come where Vince won't be able to continually get away with taking intellectual property, not providing benefits, forcing these wrestlers to be exclusive to WWE, etc.

He made a mistake with this Twitch thing. He should have left it alone and I expect he will pay the price for overreaching his power.

Andrew Yang has claimed he is keeping an eye on the WWE. Let's see how that progress.

i hope yang does something but i dont think he will and he wouldnt win.... vince monopolized the **** out of pro wrestling and he did it on a level you have to be impressed with... i wish the majority of wwe wrestlers would boycott etc but they wont... they never will. They sign stupid contracts and its a wrap.

the fans/media/wrestlers had a chance to stop this when wcw was going strong and winning... they then had a chance to again stop this when tna was up and coming and could have put their viewership behind them......... the fans/media/wrestlers are just as much at fault as vince... they sell their soul to be in wwe because its the big brand... vince is a dog **** person but a genius... ted turner had he won would have never gone this route but it is what it is... we dug our own graves as fans.... we followed the dark side
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 11-15-2020 at 04:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i hope yang does something but i dont think he will and he wouldnt win.... vince monopolized the **** out of pro wrestling and he did it on a level you have to be impressed with... i wish the majority of wwe wrestlers would boycott etc but they wont... they never will. They sign stupid contracts and its a wrap.

the fans/media/wrestlers had a chance to stop this when wcw was going strong and winning... they then had a chance to again stop this when tna was up and coming and could have put their viewership behind them......... the fans/media/wrestlers are just as much at fault as vince... they sell their soul to be in wwe because its the big brand... vince is a dog **** person but a genius... ted turner had he won would have never gone this route but it is what it is... we dug our own graves as fans.... we followed the dark side
    This could have been stopped in the 80s. They tried to start a union then and then Hogan found out about it and told Mcmahon and got it squashed. It was never beneficial for the top guys because it could hinder what they make. Things are different now though. This is actually the best time for it. WWE promotes the brand and not the wrestlers. There isn't the big names anymore.

The problem is they sign the contracts and it screws them over. A few wrestlers like Raven sued a few years ago over the independent contract and it went nowhere. I could be wrong on this, but the only way for it to really work would be to try and sue WWE while under contract which whould show how illegal it is. Who is going to do that though? Your career would be over.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    This could have been stopped in the 80s. They tried to start a union then and then Hogan found out about it and told Mcmahon and got it squashed. It was never beneficial for the top guys because it could hinder what they make. Things are different now though. This is actually the best time for it. WWE promotes the brand and not the wrestlers. There isn't the big names anymore.

The problem is they sign the contracts and it screws them over. A few wrestlers like Raven sued a few years ago over the independent contract and it went nowhere. I could be wrong on this, but the only way for it to really work would be to try and sue WWE while under contract which whould show how illegal it is. Who is going to do that though? Your career would be over.
    Somebody like Paige could do it. She is still under WWE contract but, can't wrestle so, in a sense her career is already over anyway.

What Iíve heard was her release was planned before she went online Iím talking like 15 minutes. So she could have gone on Twitter twitted and at the same time her firing came.

Once they broke her up from Andrade, you knew her days were numbered as anything of value. Zelina Vega's value is as a mouthpiece.
    Eichel Tower

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Once they broke her up from Andrade, you knew her days were numbered as anything of value. Zelina Vega's value is as a mouthpiece.
    I thought it was the other way around. There was a rumor that Andrade was one of the wrestlers they were going to let go in April, because he was outspoken on the the Saudia Arabia shows. But since he is with Charlotte he is basically untouchable I would assume. I thought Zelina was going to get a major push, and Andrade just buried in the lower card unfortunately.

Too many what Ifs

Quote Originally Posted by hizpcstr View Post
    I thought it was the other way around. There was a rumor that Andrade was one of the wrestlers they were going to let go in April, because he was outspoken on the the Saudia Arabia shows. But since he is with Charlotte he is basically untouchable I would assume. I thought Zelina was going to get a major push, and Andrade just buried in the lower card unfortunately.
    Andrade will always have value. Zelina is very good on the mic but not truly amazing and irreplaceable. But everyone really needs to realize that the unionization tweet is not why she got let go. There could be more behind the scenes we don't know about, but that specific tweet was 100% not the cause.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast