Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Jose Abreu 2020 MVP

I figured this was thread worthy. Congrats to Jose Abreu on winning the AL MVP. He's been a model of consistency since we brought him in, and he has continuously outplayed his bargain bin contracts.

The fact that no one has even brought this up in any thread on here is all the proof I need that many in here only care about negative headlines. That's all I'll say on that.

Hennyways, Congrats Jose Jose Jose Jose! He's been enshrined in my White Sox Fandom HOF!

Way to go, Jose. Not bad for a guy that supposedly was overpaid on his 3 year deal. I remember how many people were lambasting the Sox for overpaying, to the point that off-field and clubhouse leadership was the only way to justify it.

I always felt that people were never taking into consideration the sub-par rosters and lack of lineup protection that Jose had to deal with his whole career.

Imagine what Jose’s numbers would have looked like had he played with the 2020 lineup for a majority of his career. It would have been off the charts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Way to go, Jose. Not bad for a guy that supposedly was overpaid on his 3 year deal. I remember how many people were lambasting the Sox for overpaying, to the point that off-field and clubhouse leadership was the only way to justify it.

I always felt that people were never taking into consideration the sub-par rosters and lack of lineup protection that Jose had to deal with his whole career.

Imagine what Jose’s numbers would have looked like had he played with the 2020 lineup for a majority of his career. It would have been off the charts.
    100%. Jose has been a bargain since day 1. Not paying him last offseason would have been a damn shame. People definitely took for granted how bad the rest of our offense was around him. And it's not even like he ever really struggled. He was extremely consistent, with one average year in 2018, and he was banged up that year

Just think about the AAAA players that occupied the Sox lineups over the last several years, and specifically what was in the middle of the lineup around him. Total trash. There’s undoubtedly a motive for pitchers to pitch around the one bright spot in the order, which in turn will lead to a tendency for Abreu to press and try to do too much.

LMAO. I had forgotten exactly how bad those teams were. I get it. We were in a rebuild. But you still have to factor that into what Abreu was tasked with.

You know they are bad, when 80% of those players were immediately out of baseball as soon as they left the Sox’ roster. The Sox were really more of a fantasy camp than anything else.

Congrats Jose well deserved.

Best season by a WS player in a while. Here are his numbers calculated into a 162 game season. Damn impressive.

H: 205
    R: 116
    2b: 40
    HR: 51
    RBI: 162

.317/.370/.617 are the slashing lines that obviously don't change. On track for about a 7.5 win season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Best season by a WS player in a while. Here are his numbers calculated into a 162 game season. Damn impressive.

H: 205
    R: 116
    2b: 40
    HR: 51
    RBI: 162

.317/.370/.617 are the slashing lines that obviously don't change. On track for about a 7.5 win season.
    Probably the best season since Frank Thomas
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Amped to see a Sox player win MVP.

Big Frank was robbed of one in 2000.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.