Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 44 of 44
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    2,381
    This might be Zims best coaching job. The team continuously improves. I'm liking what I'm seeing from Glad and DJ is showing why the team traded Yannick. Let's ride this out!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,513
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Thielen doens't normally drop those, tho
    I have no problem with the passes to Theilen. To be honest if he catches that 3rd TD I win fantasy this week lol. I just recall with Stefanski using both Theilen and Diggs to run those quick outs and we had such a good redzone proficiency. I just feel like with Jefferson's release and stutter moves that he is such a mismatch on those same routes but we literally just seem to run him off every redzone play. Why not trust him to run those same routes Diggs did in parallel with Thielen. If that makes any sense. Also, I for the life of me don't know why a minimum of 2 screen passes to Jefferson are not written in sharpie in the game script. His YAC is too damn good and the bears corners were playing about 11 yards off him most plays because of his speed.

    Also, I enjoy watching the Griddy a little to much lol.
    Last edited by El Jorge 69; 11-17-2020 at 02:09 PM.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,707
    This has been a fun team to watch these last 3 games. They usually play not up to their potential, now they are playing above it. Cousins is playing good, a healthy Cook is best in the league, and Zimmer has the defense playing great. I was pissed about losing Diggs but Jefferson could be even better. Looking forward to the rest of the season, im not even embarrassed to wear my Viking covid masks in public anymore.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    If you cant beat them, join them

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    13,537
    Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    This has been a fun team to watch these last 3 games. They usually play not up to their potential, now they are playing above it. Cousins is playing good, a healthy Cook is best in the league, and Zimmer has the defense playing great. I was pissed about losing Diggs but Jefferson could be even better. Looking forward to the rest of the season, im not even embarrassed to wear my Viking covid masks in public anymore.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Who hacked Carters account? Nice to see some positivity and winning will do that lol.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    18,519
    I'm honestly more excited about the future then I am this season. Jefferson, Gladney, Cleveland, Dantzler, and Wonnum are showing signs of being good players. Bradbury is having a really good bounce back season. Irv Smith has a chance to be a good tight end whenever he gets the starting role. Watts and Mattison are good depth players. The last two drafts have brought in some good players. We've got 11 more picks next year already plus a likely 4th and 6th round comp picks coming to make 13 picks total. 7 of those picks right now are on day 2. Plenty of ammo to jump back into the 2nd round if need be. The future looks bright.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    704
    I think Zimmer haters need to just go away. He has shown that he is a consistently good coach in this league. His halftime adjustments are always great. He also has a team of misfits really playing well right now. Held Rodgers and the packers down. If the bears would of even of had a statistically average day offensively we actually would of lost this potentially. He played balls out on third down with his corners by blitzing and really protected them on early downs. His defense has actually caused a ton of problems to some very good offenses such as Seattle and Tennessee. As a whole this team is overpreforming right now which is something that we as Vikings fans so rarely get to see.

    We all knew losing so many players and having a hard schedule this could be a bit of a down year but we are greatly making strides. I'll drink the Zimmer Kool-Aid and ride with him if anyone wants to hate on him.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    I think Zimmer haters need to just go away. He has shown that he is a consistently good coach in this league. His halftime adjustments are always great. He also has a team of misfits really playing well right now. Held Rodgers and the packers down. If the bears would of even of had a statistically average day offensively we actually would of lost this potentially. He played balls out on third down with his corners by blitzing and really protected them on early downs. His defense has actually caused a ton of problems to some very good offenses such as Seattle and Tennessee. As a whole this team is overpreforming right now which is something that we as Vikings fans so rarely get to see.

    We all knew losing so many players and having a hard schedule this could be a bit of a down year but we are greatly making strides. I'll drink the Zimmer Kool-Aid and ride with him if anyone wants to hate on him.
    I wouldn’t go that far, he has consistently been out coached in his biggest games. He is doing a pretty good job this year but he hasn’t done anything to warrant 100% loyalty to him.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    If you cant beat them, join them

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,513
    Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    I wouldn’t go that far, he has consistently been out coached in his biggest games. He is doing a pretty good job this year but he hasn’t done anything to warrant 100% loyalty to him.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He does get outcoached at times and often takes his foot off the opponents neck when we are dominating too early. However, the one thing different with Zimmer than 60% of the rest of the league is that these guys A: appear to really want to play for him and B: they never phone it in. You look around the league every year and teams completely give up on their coaches with losing records, winning records, etc. Theres no evidence of anyone ever giving less than 100% for Zimmer.

    I don't think this team can win a Super Bowl this year but I am really enjoying watching the Grit and Fight they have shown since the ATL game.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    13,537
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I'm honestly more excited about the future then I am this season. Jefferson, Gladney, Cleveland, Dantzler, and Wonnum are showing signs of being good players. Bradbury is having a really good bounce back season. Irv Smith has a chance to be a good tight end whenever he gets the starting role. Watts and Mattison are good depth players. The last two drafts have brought in some good players. We've got 11 more picks next year already plus a likely 4th and 6th round comp picks coming to make 13 picks total. 7 of those picks right now are on day 2. Plenty of ammo to jump back into the 2nd round if need be. The future looks bright.
    Exactly. Before the season, before Covid I thought that this would be a soft rebuild, meaning we would still be competitive but any realistic playoff push would be unrealistic. That still holds true and thankfully after that rough start we are seeing these young guys step it up. I just remember the Saints having I think 3 straight seasons of being around .500, then they hit a draft and boom they took that next step. I feel we are pretty damn close to that.

    I was doing some mocks and was like why in the hell do I keep picking in the 3rd and 4th lol. I had to go out and research to make sure it was accurate and sure enough it was. We've got a lot of ammo to move around in this upcoming draft.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    13,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    I think Zimmer haters need to just go away. He has shown that he is a consistently good coach in this league. His halftime adjustments are always great. He also has a team of misfits really playing well right now. Held Rodgers and the packers down. If the bears would of even of had a statistically average day offensively we actually would of lost this potentially. He played balls out on third down with his corners by blitzing and really protected them on early downs. His defense has actually caused a ton of problems to some very good offenses such as Seattle and Tennessee. As a whole this team is overpreforming right now which is something that we as Vikings fans so rarely get to see.

    We all knew losing so many players and having a hard schedule this could be a bit of a down year but we are greatly making strides. I'll drink the Zimmer Kool-Aid and ride with him if anyone wants to hate on him.
    Kind of makes you wonder why we pay some of these guys the big $$ we do. Mainly talking about Barr, who imo, will be a cap casualty. Eric Wilson has been given the shot and has taken off with it and honestly I think he's better than Barr. Hunter was obvious no brainer. And as much as I would love to have Harris back I don't think it's realistic.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    18,519
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Exactly. Before the season, before Covid I thought that this would be a soft rebuild, meaning we would still be competitive but any realistic playoff push would be unrealistic. That still holds true and thankfully after that rough start we are seeing these young guys step it up. I just remember the Saints having I think 3 straight seasons of being around .500, then they hit a draft and boom they took that next step. I feel we are pretty damn close to that.

    I was doing some mocks and was like why in the hell do I keep picking in the 3rd and 4th lol. I had to go out and research to make sure it was accurate and sure enough it was. We've got a lot of ammo to move around in this upcoming draft.
    I did my first mock yesterday to see what the board would look like. I forget all the picks I made but I remember picking Wyatt Davis, Jaylen Twyman, Bubba Bolden, and Justyn Ross. Still a long ways to go in the draft process but those 3 would be incredible. Before he opted out I remember seeing Twyman mentioned as a first round pick. Justyn Ross was a beast before he injured his neck but TDN has him as a 4th round pick.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    13,537
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I did my first mock yesterday to see what the board would look like. I forget all the picks I made but I remember picking Wyatt Davis, Jaylen Twyman, Bubba Bolden, and Justyn Ross. Still a long ways to go in the draft process but those 3 would be incredible. Before he opted out I remember seeing Twyman mentioned as a first round pick. Justyn Ross was a beast before he injured his neck but TDN has him as a 4th round pick.
    TDN is such a great site and have made even better strides. I pay the annual $30 for the trade feature and then you get all the articles and such.

    Given that we are still likely going to be picking in that 14-20 range, another OL is a real possibility. I would love love love Davis at guard as he is just a guy kind of like Nelson in terms of nastiness. There are some good tackle options as well if we decide to keep Ezra at guard. 3T DT is still a big need as well and would go a long ways for next year. I almost feel like that is need #1 followed by more OL help. Gonna need a Safety at some point too.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    18,519
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    TDN is such a great site and have made even better strides. I pay the annual $30 for the trade feature and then you get all the articles and such.

    Given that we are still likely going to be picking in that 14-20 range, another OL is a real possibility. I would love love love Davis at guard as he is just a guy kind of like Nelson in terms of nastiness. There are some good tackle options as well if we decide to keep Ezra at guard. 3T DT is still a big need as well and would go a long ways for next year. I almost feel like that is need #1 followed by more OL help. Gonna need a Safety at some point too.
    Yup that's why my first 3 picks were guard, DT, and safety lol I once thought Reiff was for sure a goner but he may have earned himself another year. Cleveland has been solid at guard so do we risk moving him to LT? If we cut Reiff I would say yes but if Reiff stays keep Cleveland at guard. Once issue I could see with drafting Davis is that he plays RG for Ohio State. Probably would make sense to switch Cleveland to LG, that's where he started out in training camp. If we keep Reiff then I think Anthony Barr has gotta go. If the cap is 175 million then we're about 6 million over right now, according to spotrac. Cutting Barr saves 7.7 million. We can also cut Rudy and save another 5.1 million. I would cut Stephen and save 3.7 million. That's 16.5 million saved, enough to get under the cap and sign our draft class. We can also sign Harrison Smith to an extension that lowers his 2021 cap hit. I'll be happy if we can get enough cap space to bring in one decent free agent.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    13,537
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Yup that's why my first 3 picks were guard, DT, and safety lol I once thought Reiff was for sure a goner but he may have earned himself another year. Cleveland has been solid at guard so do we risk moving him to LT? If we cut Reiff I would say yes but if Reiff stays keep Cleveland at guard. Once issue I could see with drafting Davis is that he plays RG for Ohio State. Probably would make sense to switch Cleveland to LG, that's where he started out in training camp. If we keep Reiff then I think Anthony Barr has gotta go. If the cap is 175 million then we're about 6 million over right now, according to spotrac. Cutting Barr saves 7.7 million. We can also cut Rudy and save another 5.1 million. I would cut Stephen and save 3.7 million. That's 16.5 million saved, enough to get under the cap and sign our draft class. We can also sign Harrison Smith to an extension that lowers his 2021 cap hit. I'll be happy if we can get enough cap space to bring in one decent free agent.
    That's the good thing with all these guys getting to play. We get to see who has a future with us. Guys like Watts, Wonnum and Hercules have really proven their worth imo thus far. Wilson imo is better than Barr.

    I agree with Barr being cut. I always thought he was overrated and that's why when he initially signed with NYJ I was not mad. Cut Barr, Stephen and hate to do it but Rudy. Mike Hughes is 50/50. Depending on where we are at I would look at bringing back Harris if the price is right. I feel this season he has come down just a bit but it would be nice to have him back out of all those guys.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •