Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    part of me feels joy for Rox fans, because now you can stop defending Harden (assuming he is traded), and pile on him, rightfully so, like the rest of us
    I love Harden, I'll always be pulling for him. One of my all time favorite players. Idk why any Rockets fan would be hating on him. 2nd best player in our franchise's history. He's one of the best offensive player to ever play. It was great while it lasted here.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Harden has reached Durant territory dislike for me at this point. I'm done with him. Hope he never wins.
    You can dislike the way he plays or his feuding with other top teammates but this situation is strictly on Fertitta.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    You can dislike the way he plays or his feuding with other top teammates but this situation is strictly on Fertitta.
    Have you considered the possibility that the first part and second part of your reply influenced the last part of your reply?

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    I love Harden, I'll always be pulling for him. One of my all time favorite players. Idk why any Rockets fan would be hating on him. 2nd best player in our franchise's history. He's one of the best offensive player to ever play. It was great while it lasted here.
    As an outsider looking it, it seems like Harden's play style and clashing with teammates prevented them from reaching their full potential. However, as someone with Carmelo Anthony still in his avatar... I understand. deeply lol

Kristaps Porzingis

Have you considered the possibility that the first part and second part of your reply influenced the last part of your reply?
    Nope. Iíve worked for Fertitta and knew exactly what was going to happen. And within a few years: BAM. Happening. Like Bosstone said, he ran off Hardenís coach, forced the GM to do some moves where he ended scramming too and has turned the culture upside down all because he couldnít afford the team in the first place.

With Westbrook unhappy, Tucker unhappy, and Gordon unhappy, he sees the writing on the wall. Thatís not all on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Nope. Iíve worked for Fertitta and knew exactly what was going to happen. And within a few years: BAM. Happening. Like Bosstone said, he ran off Hardenís coach, forced the GM to do some moves where he ended scramming too and has turned the culture upside down all because he couldnít afford the team in the first place.

With Westbrook unhappy, Tucker unhappy, and Gordon unhappy, he sees the writing on the wall. Thatís not all on him.
    Yep. And like I said in my previous post, I think Harden deserves a little blame here; if he loved playing with Paul, CP3 would maybe still be here. But players disagree and make suggestions to front office all the time. Morey hasn't exactly been one to budge in the past.

Tilman flat out hated the Chris Paul contract and has said that on the recordóhe pushed for it and forced Morey's hand to make the Westbrook deal. He's the one who refused to play luxury tax and forced Morey to make luxury tax saving moves every trade deadline. He's the one who disrespected D'Antoni at every turn and let negotiations completely fall apart.

Rockets fans aren't furious with Harden right now. They're mad at ownership. My admiration of Harden hasn't changed at all through all of this. Frankly, I'm shocked he's stuck around as long as he has and hasn't been more vocal.

prolly cause he plays like a beotch? Seriously, how anyone can stomach watching a guy stop dead in his tracks around a pick 38 feet from the rim, let his guy bump him, then flail into the air and get a shooting foul call, and then support that player, is beyond me.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

prolly cause he plays like a beotch? Seriously, how anyone can stomach watching a guy stop dead in his tracks around a pick 38 feet from the rim, let his guy bump him, then flail into the air and get a shooting foul call, and then support that player, is beyond me.
    Do we want to take every star player's worst tendencies and fixate on just those things? It would be very easy to look at Kobe's shot selection, Shaq's free throw shooting, Manu's flopping, Barkley's perimeter shooting, etc. and say "Look at this one awful thing they did! I couldn't stand watching that guy play!"

And I'm just nitpicking with random examples, but you get my point. You're overemphasizing the stuff about his game you don't personally care for and act like it's totally absurd anyone could appreciate Harden's game because you don't personally care for it. That's totally asinine.

Harden's an offensive juggernaut and a phenomenal basketball player. His step back. His ability to stop and start his dribble. His historic 1 on 1 isolation dominance. His eurostep. His knowledge of the game and how to take advantage of the rules. The dude is a one-man top 10 offense every season, and it's been a pleasure to watch the last eight years. It's a bummer he didn't win more, but he's the second greatest Rocket of all-time.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Do we want to take every star player's worst tendencies and fixate on just those things? It would be very easy to look at Kobe's shot selection, Shaq's free throw shooting, Manu's flopping, Barkley's perimeter shooting, etc. and say "Look at this one awful thing they did! I couldn't stand watching that guy play!"

And I'm just nitpicking with random examples, but you get my point. You're overemphasizing the stuff about his game you don't personally care for and act like it's totally absurd anyone could appreciate Harden's game because you don't personally care for it. That's totally asinine.

Harden's an offensive juggernaut and a phenomenal basketball player. His step back. His ability to stop and start his dribble. His historic 1 on 1 isolation dominance. His eurostep. His knowledge of the game and how to take advantage of the rules. The dude is a one-man top 10 offense every season, and it's been a pleasure to watch the last eight years. It's a bummer he didn't win more, but he's the second greatest Rocket of all-time.
    But the flopping is just constant with Harden. The theatrics. It's too much for me. I just sat pissed watching him during my years in Houston when my buddies had to have the Rockets games on.

The thing is, he doesn't even need those 4-5 times a game where he just flops in a non-basketball play. But those instances kill me.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

It's a lot more complicated than that. Harden has the best body control I've ever seen a player have. I've always viewed his thought and deliberateness with every movement he makes an art form. Holding the ball out for people to take swipes at him is an amazing move that he perfected, he punished lack of discipline on every single play, the less disciplined you were, the more he would put you through the meat grinder. He draws a lot of fouls, but takes the hits every night to do it, and never misses a game...the epitome of toughness. He revolutionized the stepback 3, made it necessary for every high level player to be able to do. He can be credited with more offensive innovations than any player of this generation. The Euro, the stepback, the 4 point play, the 5 hole pick & rolls, the alley oops, the floater, the iso dropping fools on the floor. He has the most elaborate offensive arsenal I've ever watched. Adds something to his game every single offseason. Dude is one of my favorite players to watch of all time.

As an outsider looking it, it seems like Harden's play style and clashing with teammates prevented them from reaching their full potential. However, as someone with Carmelo Anthony still in his avatar... I understand. deeply lol
    You mean Chris Paul? Thats the only beef there ever was and they were 1 game from winning a championship, and very likely would have if Paul hadn't gotten hurt. They should have buried their differences and given it another shot together, but I think after missing out on that ring, it was hard for that squad to move forward.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

You mean Chris Paul? Thats the only beef there ever was and they were 1 game from winning a championship, and very likely would have if Paul hadn't gotten hurt. They should have buried their differences and given it another shot together, but I think after missing out on that ring, it was hard for that squad to move forward.
    He and D12 clashed.
    He and CP3 clashed.
    He and RW played together 1 season and are already packing their bags.

That's 0-3 with hall of fame teammates.

Kristaps Porzingis

It's a lot more complicated than that. Harden has the best body control I've ever seen a player have. I've always viewed his thought and deliberateness with every movement he makes an art form. Holding the ball out for people to take swipes at him is an amazing move that he perfected, he punished lack of discipline on every single play, the less disciplined you were, the more he would put you through the meat grinder. He draws a lot of fouls, but takes the hits every night to do it, and never misses a game...the epitome of toughness. He revolutionized the stepback 3, made it necessary for every high level player to be able to do. He can be credited with more offensive innovations than any player of this generation. The Euro, the stepback, the 4 point play, the 5 hole pick & rolls, the alley oops, the floater, the iso dropping fools on the floor. He has the most elaborate offensive arsenal I've ever watched. Adds something to his game every single offseason. Dude is one of my favorite players to watch of all time.

I understand all of that. But when a guy stops around a pick 38 feet from the rim and flails, and gets 3 shots, it's ridiculous, and beotch ball. That is impossible for me to support, regardless of how good he actually is. If he stopped flopping like a fish, he would still dominate. But he won't, and I will continue to hate his game because of it. James Harden is annoying for me to watch, and I am not alone in my sentiments.

I understand all of that. But when a guy stops around a pick 38 feet from the rim and flails, and gets 3 shots, it's ridiculous, and beotch ball. That is impossible for me to support, regardless of how good he actually is. If he stopped flopping like a fish, he would still dominate. But he won't, and I will continue to hate his game because of it. James Harden is annoying for me to watch, and I am not alone in my sentiments.
    It actually doesn't bother me. I think he's one of the most talented offensive players ever. He's one of those players that I really wonder like type of team would have unlocked his full potential. Should he just have the ball 40% of the time with 4 shooters or did he need a more team oriented offense?

Kristaps Porzingis

He and D12 clashed.
    He and CP3 clashed.
    He and RW played together 1 season and are already packing their bags.

That's 0-3 with hall of fame teammates.
    While I'm not going to debate any of this, I think it's worth noting that Dwight has clashed with pretty much every single roster he's ever been on and that Paul has rubbed more than one teammate the wrong way on occasion. I'm also not sure Westbrook and Harden are really at odds at all right now. I get the sense it's the overall toxic environment with the franchise that's the problem, not a personal 1 on 1 feud with James and Russ.

Harden deserves a huge chunk of the blame for these partnerships with other stars not working out, and it's deservedly part of his legacy. But those guys deserve a little as well. Superstar athletes have egos, and Harden is no different.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    While I'm not going to debate any of this, I think it's worth noting that Dwight has clashed with pretty much every single roster he's ever been on and that Paul has rubbed more than one teammate the wrong way on occasion. I'm also not sure Westbrook and Harden are really at odds at all right now. I get the sense it's the overall toxic environment with the franchise that's the problem, not a personal 1 on 1 feud with James and Russ.

Harden deserves a huge chunk of the blame for these partnerships with other stars not working out, and it's deservedly part of his legacy. But those guys deserve a little as well. Superstar athletes have egos, and Harden is no different.
    That sums it up for me. It's a shame. do you think he needed a more team oriented franchise or just a better group of shooters and defenders around him?

Kristaps Porzingis

Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast