Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Who has most pressure to win a title this year?

Giannis, Kawhi/PG, KD/Kyrie? Someone else?

The Lost Boys of PSD

This is a great question, and I think it has to be one of the three teams/player combos listed above.

For the Clippers, George is a free agent after this season and certainly has pressure to perform on him, and the Clippers overall have underwhelmed despite being in contention over the last decade. But Kawhi, himself, has multiple rings, so I'm not as inclined to pick them.

For Brooklyn, I certainly think there's pressure on KD to show he's the same guy he was pre-injury and that his decision to leave Golden State for Brooklyn was worth it. And there's pressure on Kyrie as well to show he can win without Lebron. But again, both stars here have rings, and I'm not sure there's a ton of pressure on them and their legacies.

That leaves Milwaukee, which feels like the right pick. There's definitely pressure on Giannis, who has consistently underperformed in the playoffs and has failed to reach the Finals. But there's even more pressure on the Bucks, who have underwhelmed in the playoffs despite being a top seed each year AND have the added pressure of Giannis' future coupled with the big changes and investments they just made to their roster. If they don't win, Giannis could leave, dooming the franchise for the next 10+ years.

Among other stars and contenders, I think Boston ought to be up there. They keep having great seasons, but not doing anything with them in the playoffs. And there's certainly going to be pressure on Philly to reach their potential and Miami to return after a great season last year. But the cores of all three teams are so young, you can let it slide.

If the Harden situation wasn't where it was at right now, I'd say the pressure on Harden and the Rockets would be huge, but I just don't know that he's ever going to wear a Rockets jersey again. So it's hard to put them on this list right now.

Giannis, bc if he doesn't sign that deal in 11 days, then they don't win a title, he's all but gone. Already said he doesn't care about money nor does he care about being the 1st option. He just wants to win a title.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Giannis, Kawhi/PG, KD/Kyrie? Someone else?
    Only one of those players/combos are in a freezing, Rust Belt market, so I think we all know the answer.

Giannis for player and Bucks for team.

Giannis is going to be 26 in his prime and if he doesn't win a title (and it's because of his team), he may take matters into his own hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Giannis for player and Bucks for team.

Giannis is going to be 26 in his prime and if he doesn't win a title (and it's because of his team), he may take matters into his own hands.
    To the Lakers/Warriors/Heat/Raptors he goes!

I would say Giannis because if the Bucks do not make the Finals or even win it...he's all but gone

But then the Clippers are under just as much if not pressure than Giannis

I think Bucks are under the more pressure to win a title, not necessarily Giannis. Heís going to get paid either way but if the Bucks donít win a title or at very least get the Finals I think Giannis is all but gone.

Labron/AD just won a title so there is no real pressure on them to win again except for the pressure they put on themselves.

Kyrie/KD I think are also not under that much pressure to win it all this year. Coming off injury, new team, new coach, most will understand if they donít win it all this season. Next season will be a different story though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clippers

Definitely Giannis, kawhi already won, PG might never will, KD and Kyrie already won too.

Clippers. Every excuse in the book coming out for them not winning, along with people arguing that the Lakers didn't have to beat the Clipprers to get to the title

They signed Ibaka, who a lot of people might not have known, put up big numbers here in Toronto and was excellent on both ends of the court, and is Kawhi's buddy. They got rid of one, and maybe will trade more of the dissenters between the two superstars and role players. and Now they've maxed George.

They're going completely all in for their star and superstar, and the latter is a possible Free Agent. If the Clips come up short again, does Kawhi look over and see that he can't win with George? He won't have any leverage like he did with the Clippers like when he told Toronto and the Clippers that he wanted to play with Paul George and got the Clippers to accept that massive offer when Toronto balked. I'm not sure teams would be willing to absorb that contract if they tried to shop him around, because rebuilding teams wouldn't want him, and contenders likely wouldn't be able to absorb the contract.

Well, now George is gonna be there for a long time. Kawhi might look at it like a consistent pre-finals playoff exit if he can't elevate his game. Also with how huge the contract is, it's gonna heavily impact what else they could get around the two (if Kawhi resigns too).

This literally is a boom or bust year for the Clippers. If Kawhi goes, then they'll have a bunch of older veterans and Paul George, with little draft capital/youth to bring along too. Since they don't have their picks, it's good that they likely wouldn't bottom out with a roster like that, but if Kawhi goes, they'll lose relevance, and likely just be a consistent 6-10 seed in the dominant West for many years to come.

I would say the Bucks, but I still find it hard that Giannis would leave outright. I feel that if he doesn't resign now, if the team gets to the finals (which is what I expect), that should be enough to convince him to stay... but I mean I could be wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

Basically for the Bucks more so it is title or bust or even Finals or bust...like I said before maybe even getting to the Finals for the first time even if they don't win would be enough for Giannis to want to stay. Or maybe they do win it all, then that may just cause Giannis to re sign long term which means in Milwaukee you can attract free agents. But if Milwaukee say goes out shockingly like 1st or 2nd round exit then yes Giannis is definitely gone.

Answer: Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    Answer: Paul George
    Mmm... I don't think so. Paul George is a really good player, but if he never wins a title, no one is going to be shocked. He was never a top 5 guy in the league, and he's probably not a top 100 all-time guy as of right now. Plus, as a clear No. 2, there's even less pressure on him to win anything. To me, the answer was Giannis three weeks ago, and even moreso today after he signed that extension with Milwaukee.

His decision to stay with this Bucks core long-term could make or break his legacy. Make some finals runs and win a title? He'll be a legend. Potentially a top 10-15 all-time player. Continue to get bounced in the 2nd or 3rd round every year and underperform in the playoffs? He'll be sitting in that Harden/Barkley/Malone category of "great players who never won anything" discussion (whether it's fair or not).