Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 69
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,800

    Embiid adds serious muscle

    http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/...shirleytemples
    saw some chatting about this in the Sixers forum and found it all to fitting to discuss here as the common view is he is out of shape and immature due to media reports :P.

    7.2 and Built like that with dominate post game good defense and major athletic ability even reports of developing range?
    If this guy ever actually sees the court it would change everything i cant help but pray.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,385
    I wonder how many pitchers Shirley Temples one has to drink to get that physique.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    396
    Looks like Dwight Howard now

    I'm excited to see this guy get on the court. I was very veyr impressed with his fundamentals and footwork in collge at such a young age. He was also a great shot blocker.

    This guy will be a franchise player if he is healthy

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,853
    This guy can be an absolute monster if he gets his foot healthy and actually play.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,044
    yet people laugh at me when I have and continue to state I would not trade him for anyone period and I do not regret picking him when we did. He has the defensive ability of Noel and the offensive ability of OKA and the most potential we have seen in a very very long time... If he is healthy he will be such a disgusting force.

    him standing next to oka when he was an inch or 2 smaller and not as busted out.

    http://i.imgur.com/Dl0t3lY.jpg

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    47,195
    when he's on the court, gimme a shout.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    48,099
    I still believe

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    63,448
    I hope this kid sees the court. Not just because I'm a Sixers fan, but because you hate to see a kids life taken from him like that.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    11,437
    I'm hoping that he's able to make it to the court eventually, but for sixer fans, what if he becomes what you guys think he is? Would you trade Noel or Okafor? Who's loss do you think Embiid could match best (Noel's defense, or Okafor's offense)?
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

    But Tittays are forever.


    I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    63,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    I'm hoping that he's able to make it to the court eventually, but for sixer fans, what if he becomes what you guys think he is? Would you trade Noel or Okafor? Who's loss do you think Embiid could match best (Noel's defense, or Okafor's offense)?
    Well we've talked about it a bit. Last time Embiid was on the court he was a very good defender, good offensive player, and quite athletic. Kinda sounded like a combo of Noel and Okafor. So we have options at the 4/5 combo of:
    Saric/Noel
    Saric/Okafor
    Saric/Embiid
    Noel/Okafor
    Noel/Embiid
    Okafor/Embiid

    Personally, I like the idea of Okafor/Embiid starting together. Saric off the bench and one of Okafor/Embiid playing the 5 spot. That leaves Noel as the odd man out.

    That said, I don;t make any moves with a player until around the deadline next year, mostly so Embiid can show that he is healthy and can play a full standard games worth of minutes (30-36) on a regular basis wilthout any setbacks. If he can do that, I would combo Noel, Grant, and maybe the LAL pick if it doesn't convey for an impact PG/SG.

    Of course the x-factor in this:
    What if we get Ben Simmons with the #1 pick? He might be best suited for the 4 spot in the NBA and play point forward from the 4 spot. In that case 2 of Okafor, Saric, Noel become expendable.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Neither here, Nor there
    Posts
    9,512
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Well we've talked about it a bit. Last time Embiid was on the court he was a very good defender, good offensive player, and quite athletic. Kinda sounded like a combo of Noel and Okafor. So we have options at the 4/5 combo of:
    Saric/Noel
    Saric/Okafor
    Saric/Embiid
    Noel/Okafor
    Noel/Embiid
    Okafor/Embiid

    Personally, I like the idea of Okafor/Embiid starting together. Saric off the bench and one of Okafor/Embiid playing the 5 spot. That leaves Noel as the odd man out.

    That said, I don;t make any moves with a player until around the deadline next year, mostly so Embiid can show that he is healthy and can play a full standard games worth of minutes (30-36) on a regular basis wilthout any setbacks. If he can do that, I would combo Noel, Grant, and maybe the LAL pick if it doesn't convey for an impact PG/SG.

    Of course the x-factor in this:
    What if we get Ben Simmons with the #1 pick? He might be best suited for the 4 spot in the NBA and play point forward from the 4 spot. In that case 2 of Okafor, Saric, Noel become expendable.
    Embiid/Okafor wouldn't be a good combo. You're forcing Okafor into a PF role when he can't stretch the floor and he'll be even worse defensively

    Embiid/Noel wouldn't be a good idea. Obviously Noel's natural position is at center not PF, also if you want these guys to be your front court of the future you have to deal with the injury risk for both. That's not a good idea IMO

    Okafor/Noel is not a good combo.

    Saric should be able to play with Embiid and Noel.

    Basically what I'm saying is you trade Okafor for a four, and Noel for a guard.
    Last edited by 5ass; 12-12-2015 at 02:48 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    15,013
    http://imgur.com/a/ZkBWc

    Embiid's body progression over the last 4 years. Incredible.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    1 Mile High
    Posts
    6,466
    i wasn't aware that his muslces were ever an issue. lets see how his back, feet and knees are doing, shall we?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    1 Mile High
    Posts
    6,466
    also newsflash. Embiid/Okafor, Embiid/Noel, and Okafor/Noel are among the least desirable frontcourts you could ask for these days. Only the Spurs know how to play slow.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    63,448
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ass View Post
    Embiid/Okafor wouldn't be a good combo. You're forcing Okafor into a PF role when he can't stretch the floor and he'll be even worse defensively

    Embiid/Noel wouldn't be a good idea. Obviously Noel's natural position is at center not PF, also if you want these guys to be your front court of the future you have to deal with the injury risk for both. That's not a good idea IMO

    Okafor/Noel is not a good combo.

    Saric should be able to play with Embiid and Noel.

    Basically what I'm saying is you trade Okafor for a four, and Noel for a guard.
    Embiid has got range and touch. Regularly practicing out to 3 pt range and further, and knocking them down at a great clip. You haven't watched every moment of Embiid's process these past 2 years like we have. Embiid is more offensively aware than Noel is, and would be more able to make it work with Okafor. He was also a very very good at defense when at Kansas.

    Embiid has the potential and the ability to be a great 2 way player that has range. The better pairing would be with Okafor because of that. Those two will be able to work with each other on both ends easily.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •