Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    fixed it. Not sure how that happened twice
    You coward... I missed it lol

Quote Originally Posted by mmbt View Post
    Carr having 8 passes of 40+ yards, which is only one behind two other guys for the league lead (and really he's just barely missed on a few that would have put him over the top).
    Now imagine if Ruggs was actually doing something when he's on the field... You'd think it was 2007 Patriots with Brady throwing bombs to Randy Moss every other play.

Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    Now imagine if Ruggs was actually doing something when he's on the field... You'd think it was 2007 Patriots with Brady throwing bombs to Randy Moss every other play.
    I'm not overly concerned about Ruggs. He clearly had a major impact in a couple games already, and he was clearly missed in the two games he was injured.

And reality is Gruden even loosened up is not going to start going bombs away and chuck it deep to Ruggs every possession. It's not videogame football.

Quote Originally Posted by mmbt View Post
    I'm not overly concerned about Ruggs. He clearly had a major impact in a couple games already, and he was clearly missed in the two games he was injured.

And reality is Gruden even loosened up is not going to start going bombs away and chuck it deep to Ruggs every possession. It's not videogame football.
    i agree. We also have a very fast Agholor for speed. These guys need to mix it up, Ruggs can take it to the house from anywhere on the field. I admit he needs to be more involved, but I am not worried yet.

"...prone to stoogery.".

"concerned" is the wrong word when referring to Ruggs underwhelming play thus far.

Ruggs is a threat when he steps on the field... he also works hard at blocking .... no concerns.. he will be the type that you donít hear from for a game or two, then light it up..

I fear he is just Darius-Haywood-Bay 2.0.....Hasn't really done anything yet

Quote Originally Posted by Vann Mac View Post
    I fear he is just Darius-Haywood-Bay 2.0.....Hasn't really done anything yet
    Multiple big catches downfield against KC. Drew a big PI against the Saints, and was open on another deep one that DC overthrew. Had a deep one that set up a TD against the Panthers. I'd hardly call that not doing anything.

DHB not only rarely got open, when he did get one thrown to him he'd often drop it.

Ruggs nearly had as many yards in one game as DHB had his entire rookie year. They're not remotely comparable.

He has had multiple contested catches as well.

One thing, Gruden's offense, And especially this one is really multi-dimensional... That is why your hearing the players saying what Gruden has been preaching, They have bought in..Other then maybe Brown. It's not the stats but the wins...

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    He has had multiple contested catches as well.
    Yes, the one against KC in particular was a high level play. In the end, he's had 3 pretty impactful games, missed 2 games with injury, had one where the weather made downfield passing impossible ... that's pretty good for a rookie WR who was never expected to be a volume guy anyway.

I think video game football and the widespread instantaneous distribution of highlights has skewed people's idea of just how many big 40+ yard plays a typical team gets. They're just not that common, but the important thing is to have a legitimate threat of the big play even if you're not necessarily cashing it in every week. It's not just about having a fast guy as a decoy ... a guy like DHB never worked as a decoy because he was a crap route runner and had bad hands. Ruggs OTOH can actually make the big play if you don't account for him.

I think Gruden is holding out for the KC game. I just hope he doesn't have the rest of the team looking ahead. He's been really conservative. I think he wants to put a ton of short intermediate stuff on tape and then he will let Carr air it out against the Chiefs once again. If we continue to win and the Chiefs can loose 1 more game we would take the division.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Whew. Got a little nervous when they activated the other lineman, even though I know we have several spots to fill.

OC Olsen said Ruggs needs to work on ďroute running and consistencyĒ.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast