Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Yeah, I thought they were team options. Pretty nice for the players, pretty hard for the team being stuck with them. The Rockets are going to have to tank HARD for a year or so to get out of this is my guess.
    Shoot with their GM and HC choices, they're on the right path.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    They make the same amount of money over the same amount of years. Why.

Nuggets should go after Westbrook. They have more then enough shooting and the best perimeter C. The price for Westbrook ability to attack the rim is perfect for the Nuggets. It’s sounds like Harris or Barton and draft picks can make the move happen.

The Stockton to Stockton game Nuggets have going has been special.

Point Center Joker
    PF. Porter
    SF. Claw Stopper
    SG. Westbrook
    PG. Murray

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    They make the same amount of money over the same amount of years. Why.
    I can only think of two legitimate reasons for this:

1. They think they can gain picks and assets back in the swap for a rebuild.
    2. They somehow think that either Wall makes them better (which is insane) or that Wall would convince Harden to stay in Houston (which feels more likely, but I'm just guessing).

I would only do that deal if you're getting back picks in the process. Westbrook for Wall makes them worse on paper, and we just have no clue what Wall is going to look like when he steps back on the floor again or how healthy he'll be the next 2-3 years. Personally, I'm not a fan, though. I don't know how you can contend if you're paying Wall $40M a year.

Bron just destroying franchises. I’ve seen this over and over. Players/teams just giving up on the current situations becauseLebron James stands in the way, and then superstars conspiring to pack as much talent together as possible in an opposite conference to try and beat him in the finals. Bron is a force of nature in the nba. Slurp slurp

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Bron just destroying franchises. I’ve seen this over and over. Players/teams just giving up on the current situations becauseLebron James stands in the way, and then superstars conspiring to pack as much talent together as possible in an opposite conference to try and beat him in the finals. Bron is a force of nature in the nba. Slurp slurp
    I don't really think this has anything to do with Lebron whatsoever. It's more about a terrible owner and imploding franchise that's lost its coach and its GM in a period of a month and players who are upset with the direction of the franchise. I seriously doubt Harden and Westbrook are sitting around right now going "We've got to leave Houston so we can beat Lebron!" That's not what's happening.

Denver trades Barton, Harris + 2 first and 2 pick swaps

Rockets trade Westbrook

2nd deal

Rockets trade Gordon

Nuggets sign and trade Millsap 1 year deal

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    Denver trades Barton, Harris + 2 first and 2 pick swaps

Rockets trade Westbrook

2nd deal

Rockets trade Gordon

Nuggets sign and trade Millsap 1 year deal
    I would obviously do this in a heartbeat for the Rockets, but I doubt Denver wants to. The Westbrook contract is so awful; I'm not sure why a young, talented team like that would want to take it on. Not when you've got Murray and Jokic to handle the ball already and your offense is stellar.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I would obviously do this in a heartbeat for the Rockets, but I doubt Denver wants to. The Westbrook contract is so awful; I'm not sure why a young, talented team like that would want to take it on. Not when you've got Murray and Jokic to handle the ball already and your offense is stellar.
    This.

I don't really think this has anything to do with Lebron whatsoever. It's more about a terrible owner and imploding franchise that's lost its coach and its GM in a period of a month and players who are upset with the direction of the franchise. I seriously doubt Harden and Westbrook are sitting around right now going "We've got to leave Houston so we can beat Lebron!" That's not what's happening.
    If Lebron was injured this year, and the rockets beat the Lakers, nuggets and Miami and won the ship, would everyone of abandoned ship? If no then this is about Lebron.

Follow up to any answer you give. Every year Houston falls short, and every year they make changes, but after facing Bron everyone just straight abandoned ship. Why did they all abandoned ship this year and not any years past.

I don’t think They are thinking like “ I gotta beat Bron”. But I think everyone abandoned ship because they were thinking “Nothing we do is gonna beat Bron so time to do something different”

Bron Torontoed them

If Lebron was injured this year, and the rockets beat the Lakers, nuggets and Miami and won the ship, would everyone of abandoned ship? If no then this is about Lebron.

Follow up to any answer you give. Every year Houston falls short, and every year they make changes, but after facing Bron everyone just straight abandoned ship. Why did they all abandoned ship this year and not any years past.

I don’t think They are thinking like “ I gotta beat Bron”. But I think everyone abandoned ship because they were thinking “Nothing we do is gonna beat Bron so time to do something different”

Bron Torontoed them
    Are you serious? Like I'm a huge Lebron fan, but this post just comes off as someone who's a massive Lebron homer and has not paid any attention whatsoever to the drama with the Rockets over the last 2 years. Have you been living under a rock?

Seriously, go out of your way to educate yourself on the situation and don't make a bunch of random, blind assumptions. There are so, so many articles about what's wrong with the Rockets, ownership and why the whole thing is imploding. Read one. Or, you know, actually pay attention to the many, many posts on this forum regarding the Rockets and issues Rockets fans have with ownership.

And the Lakers are damn good, but they're not better than the Warriors at their peak, a team that Morey consistently retooled every offseason to try and beat. He even went out of his way on numerous occasions to say he was building a roster to try and beat them. This has zero to do with the Rockets giving up on winning the West and everything to do with disastrous ownership.

Are you serious? Like I'm a huge Lebron fan, but this post just comes off as someone who's a massive Lebron homer and has not paid any attention whatsoever to the drama with the Rockets over the last 2 years. Have you been living under a rock?

Seriously, go out of your way to educate yourself on the situation and don't make a bunch of random, blind assumptions. There are so, so many articles about what's wrong with the Rockets, ownership and why the whole thing is imploding. Read one. Or, you know, actually pay attention to the many, many posts on this forum regarding the Rockets and issues Rockets fans have with ownership.

And the Lakers are damn good, but they're not better than the Warriors at their peak, a team that Morey consistently retooled every offseason to try and beat. He even went out of his way on numerous occasions to say he was building a roster to try and beat them. This has zero to do with the Rockets giving up on winning the West and everything to do with disastrous ownership.
    I feel ya but if ownership has been bad for two years, it seems like Bron was the nail in the coffin. And even though they aren’t better than GS, you got your head hopelessly beat in by them and you were very competitive with GS. If ownership has always been the problem, everyone could of abandoned ship last year. It just seems like Bron made everyone give up where as before they were willing to fight despite the ownership. But the coach bounced right away, then Morey done, then James and Russ then fire sale. It just screams Lebron syndrome

I feel ya but if ownership has been bad for two years, it seems like Bron was the nail in the coffin. And even though they aren’t better than GS, you got your head hopelessly beat in by them and you were very competitive with GS. If ownership has always been the problem, everyone could of abandoned ship last year. It just seems like Bron made everyone give up where as before they were willing to fight despite the ownership. But the coach bounced right away, then Morey done, then James and Russ then fire sale. It just screams Lebron syndrome
    It wasn't the same team, chief. Paul > Westbrook. Lebron wasn't the last straw here. The Westbrook trade and the team's inevitable failure with him in the postseason was the last straw. That, on top of Tilman's disrespect of D'Antoni, which caused him to leave.

Frankly, if Houston had still had Chris Paul and Capela, and both guys were playing at 17-18 levels, I think they would have been better than this Lebron/AD team. The Warriors would have been, too. It's a moot point, though. But just saying "Look how much more the Lakers beat them by than the Warriors!" completely ignores how drastically different the Rockets were this season than the previous two years.

I can only think of two legitimate reasons for this:

1. They think they can gain picks and assets back in the swap for a rebuild.
    2. They somehow think that either Wall makes them better (which is insane) or that Wall would convince Harden to stay in Houston (which feels more likely, but I'm just guessing).

I would only do that deal if you're getting back picks in the process. Westbrook for Wall makes them worse on paper, and we just have no clue what Wall is going to look like when he steps back on the floor again or how healthy he'll be the next 2-3 years. Personally, I'm not a fan, though. I don't know how you can contend if you're paying Wall $40M a year.
    Sure, getting extra picks would make it worth it but if not? Yikes. Although if a deal doesn’t get done in getting RWB out: also yikes.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678