Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Serge Ibaka

Serge Ibaka

Reasons why Ma Fuzzy will leave Toronto especially for the Lakers

1- He would give the Lakers rim protection but also stretching the floor

2- Affordable free agent target and it don't take away from AD

3- Perfect replacement for Javale McGee or Dwight Howard

4- He even following the Lakers on IG and even unfollowed the Raptors

The Raptors essentially dug their own grave with Serge choosing Gasol over him to start in Game 7 against Boston...writing has been on the wall

But if I'm wrong and Serge doesn't go to the Lakers, he could go to the Clippers to reunite with Kawhi

Or Serge could go to Miami

Or hell he could even go to Golden State to join up with Steph, Klay and Draymond

KD is recruiting him to the Nets.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Brooklyn is also on Hardens short list. If they trade for him and sign Ibaka you have the OKC thunder version 2.0 only replace Wussell Westy with Kyrie.

Ibaka is a rare big man that can hit 3s and block shots and do a little bit of everything in between. He just had his best season in the league. Dude can start or come off the bench he has no ego. Hes sorta like the perfect big man in the modern era.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I think Ibaka will be a Laker

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Reasons why Ma Fuzzy will leave Toronto especially for the Lakers

1- He would give the Lakers rim protection but also stretching the floor

2- Affordable free agent target and it don't take away from AD

3- Perfect replacement for Javale McGee or Dwight Howard

4- He even following the Lakers on IG and even unfollowed the Raptors

The Raptors essentially dug their own grave with Serge choosing Gasol over him to start in Game 7 against Boston...writing has been on the wall

But if I'm wrong and Serge doesn't go to the Lakers, he could go to the Clippers to reunite with Kawhi

Or Serge could go to Miami

Or hell he could even go to Golden State to join up with Steph, Klay and Draymond
    Ibaka was coming off the bench in a 6th man role all season. He never had an issue with it. He has played 27 mins as a starter or off the bench in each of the last 3 seasons. Whatever team he goes to, he wont have an issue weather he starts or comes of the bench for them. Hes not a guy that would disrupt the team over things like that. Also he just had the best season of his career, coming off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    I think Ibaka will be a Laker
    The Lakers are in need of guards. They are already very front court heavy. A big man is like the last thing they need. To me its doesnt make sense to go after Ibaka.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    The Lakers are in need of guards. They are already very front court heavy. A big man is like the last thing they need. To me its doesnt make sense to go after Ibaka.
    McGee and Howard are FAs. Ibaka does make sense to keep Kuz off the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Dwight leaves, then you get Ibaka. Plain and simple. Dwight got his ring he ainít gonna be motivated like he was last year.

We donít know how Boogie Cousins is rehabbing.

JaVale has already peaked and teams arenít afraid of the Lakers down low when heís there. And with his asthmatic issues he always on some sort of minutes restriction. Add to the fact that he was no where near the defensive versatile big man that Dwight was. Thatís why JAVale lost his starting spot so many times throughout the playoffs to Dwight.

Hell the Lakers championship clinching game 6 had a starting 5 of KCP-Danny-LeBron-AD with Caruso and no true center

Youíre right. Lakers do need guard help. Rondo and KCP are FAs and if Bradley didnít play in a bubble in Orlando, no way he plays in a loose arena (although no fans) this year.

Lakers have a lot of work to do this offseason from A to Z. Just know they have LeBron James & Anthony Davis with a great head coach in Frank Vogel.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    McGee and Howard are FAs. Ibaka does make sense to keep Kuz off the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    even so, with Lebron playing the 3-4 and Davis playing the 4-5.. And Mcgee playing the 5 the glaring hole is still in their back court. And Howard, could most likely be had for cheap. Why not just retain him, they did just win a ship with that front court. Or they could go after someone like Favours for cheap if all they need is a depth big. +they still have Kuzma at the 4 as well. All their talent is in their front court.

Mcgee is under contract @ 4.2 mill. Cheap af.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 11-12-2020 at 12:38 PM.

If Dwight leaves, then you get Ibaka. Plain and simple. Dwight got his ring he ainít gonna be motivated like he was last year.

We donít know how Boogie Cousins is rehabbing.

JaVale has already peaked and teams arenít afraid of the Lakers down low when heís there. And with his asthmatic issues he always on some sort of minutes restriction. Add to the fact that he was no where near the defensive versatile big man that Dwight was. Thatís why JAVale lost his starting spot so many times throughout the playoffs to Dwight.

Hell the Lakers championship clinching game 6 had a starting 5 of KCP-Danny-LeBron-AD with Caruso and no true center

Youíre right. Lakers do need guard help. Rondo and KCP are FAs and if Bradley didnít play in a bubble in Orlando, no way he plays in a loose arena (although no fans) this year.

Lakers have a lot of work to do this offseason from A to Z. Just know they have LeBron James & Anthony Davis with a great head coach in Frank Vogel.
    KCP has already stated he wants to get paid, so he is likely gone. And even if they retain Rondo they are still very thin in their back court. extremely thin. I would think that, that would be the first thing they want to adress considering Davis is one of the best if not the best big men in the league already.

I mean, sure Ibaka would be a good fit on the Lakers.. really Ibaka would be a good fit anywhere being that he can start or come of the bench. But I just think the Lakers would be wise to spend some money where its needed most. other than lebron who can handle the ball on that team if Rondo doesnt come back?

Lets ask the 76ers how its panning out having most of their talent in their front court. lol
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 11-12-2020 at 12:24 PM.

KCP has already stated he wants to get paid, so he is likely gone. And even if they retain Rondo they are still very thin in their back court. extremely thin. I would think that, that would be the first thing they want to adress considering Davis is one of the best if not the best big men in the league already.
    AD will play the 5 when he has to in the playoffs. But whatever the brutal physical grind for 72 games with just 2 months off of rest fresh off a championship? How do you keep AD fresh and not get banged up or worse injured by playing that 5 spot ? ... you preserve his body during this uncustomary grueling upcoming 2020-21, 72- game regular season with big bodies down low who will help levy the responsibility.

I mean, sure Ibaka would be a good fit on the Lakers.. really Ibaka would be a good fit anywhere being that he can start or come of the bench. But I just think the Lakers would be wise to spend some money where its needed most. other than lebron who can handle the ball on that team if Rondo doesnt come back?
    Go address other needs, Lakers will have to make trades.

Personally, I want them to do whatever they can to get Chris Paul. And if that doesnít work, you go try to trade for Oladipo.

Go address other needs, Lakers will have to make trades.

Personally, I want them to do whatever they can to get Chris Paul. And if that doesnít work, you go try to trade for Oladipo.
    It would make a hell of alot more sense than to sign another big man.

Imagine, Lebron, Davis, Ibaka, Kuzma & Mcgee all at the 3,4, & 5

KCP already said hes turning down his option and looking to get paid.
    Green is a catch and shoot player who cant dribble a lick.. In fact every time he tries its a turn over. I was keeping track of that when he was a raptor.

That leaves them with Bradley & Caruso in their back court. That is probably the thinest back court in the entire league. So yeah, I dont think another big man is going to be their prime target. Their first order of business will be to retain Davis and after that they should be shifting their attention to guard play. unless they feel they have what they need with Caruso, Bradley, and Green?

The type of big men they need could be had for cheap, for example Howard, or even someone like Favours. So why not address your needs at the guard spot first and then look for some depth bigs for cheap? wouldn't that make more sense ?
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 11-12-2020 at 12:40 PM.

AD will play the 5 when he has to in the playoffs. But whatever the brutal physical grind for 72 games with just 2 months off of rest fresh off a championship? How do you keep AD fresh and not get banged up or worse injured by playing that 5 spot ? ... you preserve his body during this uncustomary grueling upcoming 2020-21, 72- game regular season with big bodies down low who will help levy the responsibility.
    you sign cheap big men like Howard, or Favours. Mcgee is already under contract. Instead of blowing your load on Ibaka where you would end up with the same problem you role with Mcgee, Davis, and add a depth big. They dont have any ball handlers or play makers aside from Lebron who will surely be load managed going forward. https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/l...020-21-season/
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 11-12-2020 at 12:39 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast