Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

https://twitter.com/str0/status/1326...002954240?s=21

Looks like he took the 18.5 million QO.

Fantastic news. I like Stroman and thought he was a good trade from the get go. This also makes planning for the rotation a lot easier for the coming months.

Sign Bauer and suddenly you have a lot of personality with a lot of talent in that rotation.

deGrom, Stroman, Peterson...not a bad makings of a good rotation but Bauer would certainly put us over the top. Take a few fliers on low risk-high reward guys like Kluber, Quintana, or Walker and sheeeesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Lol this all feels so strange...but in a good way

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Fantastic news. I like Stroman and thought he was a good trade from the get go. This also makes planning for the rotation a lot easier for the coming months.

Sign Bauer and suddenly you have a lot of personality with a lot of talent in that rotation.

deGrom, Stroman, Peterson...not a bad makings of a good rotation but Bauer would certainly put us over the top. Take a few fliers on low risk-high reward guys like Kluber, Quintana, or Walker and sheeeesh.

A healthy Syndergaard would be huge.

This is huge. Now at the very least our rotation will be better than last year.

I never had a problem with the guy. Sucks that he opted out of 2020 but the entire year was a cluster ****. Can't question his passion. Hopefully he lives up to his own expectations and has an outstanding (walk) year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    A healthy Syndergaard would be huge.
    It would be, but I wouldn't count on it either.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Hopefully he isn't rusty after taking the year off.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

That was the best deal he was going to get. He could have gotten more years in FA but i dont see a team spending 19 million dollars on him for 2021. This pandemic is going to really curb FA spending.

That said, I'm glad he's back. He fits in as a solid #3 behind deGrom and whoever the Mets sign to be their number 2.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    That was the best deal he was going to get. He could have gotten more years in FA but i dont see a team spending 19 million dollars on him for 2021. This pandemic is going to really curb FA spending.

That said, I'm glad he's back. He fits in as a solid #3 behind deGrom and whoever the Mets sign to be their number 2.
    It addresses a need and eliminates variables. We basically got one of the top FA pitchers on day two of the Cohen regime and can now focus on other needs. It also buys us a year with some of the younger arms (Allan, Wolf, etc.) without having to commit long-term.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    It would be, but I wouldn't count on it either.
    Not counting on anything, but with his one-year TJ anniversary coming on March 27 it's not unreasonable to think that he might contribute in a meaningful way in 2021.

Lol this all feels so strange...but in a good way

It definitely does.

This is the ultimate "Trickle down effect" move. Now I see the Mets going hard after Trevor Bauer. You get Thor back in June and suddenly Marcus Stroman is your Number 4 starting pitcher. Then like someone said, you can take a flier on Chris Archer, or Corey Kluber. It also allows Steven Matz to enter the season in the Pen or traded. I was hoping Stroman would accept this, Shrewd move by Cohen.

I admit I’m not a huge Stroman fan on or off the field but we certainly need pitching so I can’t complain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast