Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

93% of Republicans voted for Trump

Up from 90% in 2016. Can the DNC stop the nonsense of trying to win votes from the right, by appearing "moderate" and "centrist?" It's never going to happen. Why would a republican vote for a democrat simply because you agree with their candidate on an issue or some issues? Given a choice, they'll choose their scummy GOP candidate every single time. This is why the DNC is doomed to failure every single election. Democrats who abandon liberalism to "win" an election, are doomed to failure, every time. Harris, Warren, Buttigieg, Betto, all went down like pins at a bowling alley the moment they began to backtrack on medicare for all and other liberal policies, they said they were for. If you want to win GOP votes become a republican, and get out of the way for true liberals and progressives to run.

Trump basically purged the party of anti-Trump Republicans
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

"If Joe would have run a progressive agenda, he would have won in a landslide," progressive Democrats stated to the laughter of the crowd and Republican Trump supporters.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Up from 90% in 2016. Can the DNC stop the nonsense of trying to win votes from the right, by appearing "moderate" and "centrist?" It's never going to happen. Why would a republican vote for a democrat simply because you agree with their candidate on an issue or some issues? Given a choice, they'll choose their scummy GOP candidate every single time. This is why the DNC is doomed to failure every single election. Democrats who abandon liberalism to "win" an election, are doomed to failure, every time. Harris, Warren, Buttigieg, Betto, all went down like pins at a bowling alley the moment they began to backtrack on medicare for all and other liberal policies, they said they were for. If you want to win GOP votes become a republican, and get out of the way for true liberals and progressives to run.
    Is every GOP candidate "scummy?" Why do you think that???

So Democrats should just abandon the strategy that gave them the White House? That's a really bold strategy Cotton...

Going after disaffected Republicans was the winning approach. Joe Biden hasn't made concessions of policy but he was also not a M4A candidate from the start.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    "If Joe would have run a progressive agenda, he would have won in a landslide," progressive Democrats stated to the laughter of the crowd and Republican Trump supporters.
    No he would not. Much of the "progressive agenda" is pie in the sky stuff. It may appeal to millennials because it sounds huggy-feely but not to anyone that has been around for awhile. People who have been there and done that.

No one that I know is against progressing and moving forward but free everything and solar panels everywhere is just sillinessÖand more people believe this than many of you would like to thinkÖlike probably most people in congress to include JoeB.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    So Democrats should just abandon the strategy that gave them the White House? That's a really bold strategy Cotton...

Going after disaffected Republicans was the winning approach. Joe Biden hasn't made concessions of policy but he was also not a M4A candidate from the start.
    No... It lost by a little, then it won by a little. We have no clue what the effect of putting a real progressive out there would be. It has never been done.

It's been Neo-liberal after Neo-liberal from the democratic party. When there was a viable third party candidate or a black person on the ticket they won. Every other time sionce 1980 they have lost. 5-6 is not a great record for running neo-liberal out there.

Think about this. WI, AZ, GA, and PE all go to trump if you give him the libertarian vote. Jo Jorgensen is 2020's JIll Stein.
    Last edited by flips333; 11-09-2020 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Being moderate is not about getting Republican votes, itís about getting independent voters.

It shows that the Lincoln project was a failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Being moderate is not about getting Republican votes, itís about getting independent voters.
    There arenít enough to win.

The reality is when you rally the base you win and thatís what progressives do more than moderates. Biden got lucky because Trump rallied the base for him. If Trump wasnít has terrible as he is, this would be 2004 all over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post

At this point of time, Trumpers ridiculing something doesn't impress me one way or the other. Weren't the ones wanting to build a wall and lock up Obama, Hillary, or anybody who counter their Chosen One? The willingness to let him piss on the constitution?

Considering how many people weren't overjoyed to support Biden, it could be true. Pot legalization and medicare for all, which Biden poo-poo, are very popular with the public.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Independents =/= moderates
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    No... It lost by a little, then it won by a little. We have no clue what the effect of putting a real progressive out there would be. It has never been done.

It's been Neo-liberal after Neo-liberal from the democratic party. When there was a viable third party candidate or a black person on the ticket they won. Every other time sionce 1980 they have lost. 5-6 is not a great record for running neo-liberal out there.

Think about this. WI, AZ, GA, and PE all go to trump if you give him the libertarian vote. Jo Jorgensen is 2020's JIll Stein.
    One might argue that is pretty telling of what the effect of putting a real progressive out there is...they lose in primaries because they can't appeal to even enough Democrats to win.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    There arenít enough to win.

The reality is when you rally the base you win and thatís what progressives do more than moderates. Biden got lucky because Trump rallied the base for him. If Trump wasnít has terrible as he is, this would be 2004 all over again.
    I think the hesitation or trepidation is that, the demographics that are most progressive are also the least likely to vote and the most difficult to turn out.

If 20 year old progressives were a reliable voting block in regards to turnout, the DNC would be European left.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Independents =/= moderates
    Sure, but your chances of getting either go down the farther left you go.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast