Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253

Thread: Jets talk

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    And to some degree they are right. They pay him an absurd amount of money to play...not to pick the coaching staff or executives in the organization.
    Honestly, I agree. I am personally tired of star players dictating the coaching personnel and direction of the franchise.
    But in this case, it's a bit murkier. Watson is far from a diva. We heard nothing negative from him until recently and there is no doubt because it is clear that the Texans have given him the dookie end of the stick.
    The Texans really need to evaluate their power play. Presuming stadiums can have fans, at least to a certain capacity by next season, what will they lose if he sits? I think he will make around 16 mil so he will lose that if he sits. But that will also make it clear that he won't be playing for them in the future. So the Texans not only lose butts in the seats because he's a huge draw but they also lose merchandise sales. My guess is him sitting loses them way more money than trading him and starting with a whole new look

Ignorance is bliss

The Texans need to trade Watson prior to the draft or watch him sit out and his value plummets and they postpone a rebuild for an entire season.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    And to some degree they are right. They pay him an absurd amount of money to play...not to pick the coaching staff or executives in the organization.
    And they are wrong.
    They gave him their word that they would involve him, just as the Chiefs involve Mahomes, and they did exactly the opposite of what they said to him.

If they were never going to involve him then why agree to do it.

They lost Watson's trust in the organization, and Watson has no blame to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Honestly, I agree. I am personally tired of star players dictating the coaching personnel and direction of the franchise.
    But in this case, it's a bit murkier. Watson is far from a diva. We heard nothing negative from him until recently and there is no doubt because it is clear that the Texans have given him the dookie end of the stick.
    The Texans really need to evaluate their power play. Presuming stadiums can have fans, at least to a certain capacity by next season, what will they lose if he sits? I think he will make around 16 mil so he will lose that if he sits. But that will also make it clear that he won't be playing for them in the future. So the Texans not only lose butts in the seats because he's a huge draw but they also lose merchandise sales. My guess is him sitting loses them way more money than trading him and starting with a whole new look
    It rarely happens in football but it does take play in more individual preferent sports like basketball.
    Even though a team sport, it solely revovles around the individual stars.

I have no problem with players asserting their influence over a team, after all, without their stars, how marketable is your team to begin with?
    Answer- its value decreases.

How you value the player under some circumstances should correspond to that player having more value within management.

Again, the Texans gave their word to Watson.
    Watson expected them to keep their word.
    They didn't.
    Why is it no one points fingers at the franchise management at fault.

Watson or Wilson...

Quote Originally Posted by LVC View Post
    Watson or Wilson...
    Reality, Wilson...Preference, Watson

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    Russell Wilson is reality?

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    As much as either is, I believe Watson is more of a reality for the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Russell Wilson is reality?
    Trade them back their first round picks and call it even.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    It rarely happens in football but it does take play in more individual preferent sports like basketball.
    Even though a team sport, it solely revovles around the individual stars.

I have no problem with players asserting their influence over a team, after all, without their stars, how marketable is your team to begin with?
    Answer- its value decreases.

How you value the player under some circumstances should correspond to that player having more value within management.

Again, the Texans gave their word to Watson.
    Watson expected them to keep their word.
    They didn't.
    Why is it no one points fingers at the franchise management at fault.
    I think it's tough ground to navigate. I absolutely think players should be paid and heard and they have a right to both because without them, there is no league.
    I also think the owners have the right to do what they want to an extent because without them, those players are selling insurance, working in a bank, doing construction...
    You are absolutely correct, Basketball is really bad like that. Players throw tantrums to get their way and ownership usually caves one way or the other.

Watson's scenario is such a weird one. I cannot fathom why you would promise him that stuff as an owner then not honor it. (In that aspect, it reminds me of Adams claiming they promised an extension but s we learned, that was not the truth from all angles.). So either there was a miscommunication or they are serious tools. Even if there was a miscommunication, they are still kind of, tools because rather than step back and bring him into things, they have done the opposite.

I agree with Larry that the ownership has a player and that's that. We signed you and paid you. You work for us. We expect you to honor that contract.
    But when that player signs a contract and ownership says they will do this or that and then doesn't, they should also be accountable.
    Right now it looks like the Texans stepped in it and rather than getting out the poop stick and cleaning their shoe, they have decided to implant the other foot firmly into the pile and stare down Watson.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by SINATRACITY View Post
    free agency the jets have an opportunity to get leonard fournette , kenyon drake, corey davis, allen robinson
    nice to get one of these free agents. williams from greenbay fournette drake is available. corey davis is big strong with mimms its on.. who will be throwing to them is not yet known. wilson watson i wonder who. lol im hyped. the defense gets some additions. and we might trade mosley im ok with it.

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253