Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 791

Thread: Jets talk

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    10,704
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Seattle is more vulnerable because of Russell Wilson's down play than anything having to do with Jamal Adams.
    Seattle is more vulnerable because I think teams have found something on them.
    Adams has been good, and Wilson wasn't great yesterday but he's still been very good even in defeat.

    Seattle's OL as taken some hits and their defense is good but spotty.

    I'm on the Murray bandwagon as I think he is a rising star, and he may soon be challenging Wilson as the best QB in that division.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    72,406

    Jets talk

    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Jamal has actually been good.

    HOWEVER, Gregg Williams called it correctly when saying he wouldn't be used the same way with the seahawks, as he was with the Jets.

    And it shows, as he's limited by scheme.
    But for what Adams is being asked to do, he's been good, he just not being utilized to his max, like he was here.
    Adams has been good blitzing like last year, but he’s been an absolute liability in coverage. QBs had a passer rating of 142.6 targeting Adams on 11-14 178 yards and a TD coming into Sunday’s game.

    There’s also this weak effort on the goal line:


  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    10,704
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Adams has been good blitzing like last year, but he’s been an absolute liability in coverage. QBs had a passer rating of 142.6 targeting Adams on 11-14 178 yards and a TD coming into Sunday’s game.

    There’s also this weak effort on the goal line:

    Again, stats don't tell the story.
    Adams coverage scheme is different with Seattle than it was with the Jets.

    He's been good again this season, and our numbers don't match up which is another reason why I go by the eyeball test over trying to "paper play" the game.

    And let's not act like the Jets defense has excelled without him, they clearly have taken a dramatic dip without him.
    If you want to stat it the Jets were #10 defensively with Adams and are ranked #28 without him.
    Last edited by MrX27; 11-16-2020 at 09:41 PM.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    37,512
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Again, stats don't tell the story.
    Adams coverage scheme is different with Seattle than it was with the Jets.

    He's been good again this season, and our numbers don't match up which is another reason why I go by the eyeball test over trying to "paper play" the game.

    And let's not act like the Jets defense has excelled without him, they clearly have taken a dramatic dip without him.
    If you want to stat it the Jets were #10 defensively with Adams and are ranked #28 without him.
    I disagree. The Jets are 28 because they no longer have Trumaine Johnson. He was clearly the heart and soul of the D.







    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA



    Ignorance is bliss

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    10,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I disagree. The Jets are 28 because they no longer have Trumaine Johnson. He was clearly the heart and soul of the D.







    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    In an alternate universe somewhere, the Jets are 9-0 and Tremaine Johnson is the frontrunner for league MVP.

    Let that sink in.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    37,512
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    In an alternate universe somewhere, the Jets are 9-0 and Tremaine Johnson is the frontrunner for league MVP.

    Let that sink in.
    Bizzaro TJ



    Ignorance is bliss

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    612
    Here is a thought. Suppose the Jags get the top pick and the Jets the 2nd. If the Jets really wanted Trevor could they try to trade with the Jags and if so what would the Jags need. Of course they would get the Jets 2nd pick and select Fields. What else would have to included?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    37,512
    Quote Originally Posted by flfan1943 View Post
    Here is a thought. Suppose the Jags get the top pick and the Jets the 2nd. If the Jets really wanted Trevor could they try to trade with the Jags and if so what would the Jags need. Of course they would get the Jets 2nd pick and select Fields. What else would have to included?
    My guess is, 3 first would be the starting point. I wouldn't do it. I know how hyped TL is but I still don't buy it fully. The ACC is not a great division. He's done well vs better competition but I think the difference between him and Fields is very little. Certainly not worth the picks it would take to move up



    Ignorance is bliss

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    37,512
    Jamal Adams was "depressed".

    **** him. He was a Jet for 2 years. He should try being a lifelong Jet fan.
    He's mentally weak if that broke him.



    Ignorance is bliss

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    10,704
    Quote Originally Posted by flfan1943 View Post
    Here is a thought. Suppose the Jags get the top pick and the Jets the 2nd. If the Jets really wanted Trevor could they try to trade with the Jags and if so what would the Jags need. Of course they would get the Jets 2nd pick and select Fields. What else would have to included?
    Nah.

    Fields is good enough to take at #2, and he may make a push for #1 when it's all said and done.
    Fields is WAY better than alot of you give him credit for.

    In fact, if Lawrence was 6'3 and not 6'6, Fields might be the consensus #1 QB.

    I like both but if the Jets ended up with Fields and not Lawrence, that would still be a very good thing.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    My guess is, 3 first would be the starting point. I wouldn't do it. I know how hyped TL is but I still don't buy it fully. The ACC is not a great division. He's done well vs better competition but I think the difference between him and Fields is very little. Certainly not worth the picks it would take to move up
    If we have #2, I’d be calling to trade down with someone looking for Sewell to protect their FQB or if they want Fields (SD, Wash, etc)

    Slide down a few picks and grab Chase and now we have a good set of WRs and maybe enough ammunition to trade up Seattle’s pick for one of the two TEs or some more interior oline help

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    10,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    If we have #2, I’d be calling to trade down with someone looking for Sewell to protect their FQB or if they want Fields (SD, Wash, etc)

    Slide down a few picks and grab Chase and now we have a good set of WRs and maybe enough ammunition to trade up Seattle’s pick for one of the two TEs or some more interior oline help
    So you'd trade the #1 pick too, instead of drafting Lawrence?

    No to Chase.
    Pay Allen Robinson and get a certified #1 to go with Mims.
    Last edited by MrX27; 11-18-2020 at 06:18 PM.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    37,512
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Nah.

    Fields is good enough to take at #2, and he may make a push for #1 when it's all said and done.
    Fields is WAY better than alot of you give him credit for.

    In fact, if Lawrence was 6'3 and not 6'6, Fields might be the consensus #1 QB.

    I like both but if the Jets ended up with Fields and not Lawrence, that would still be a very good thing.
    For sure. Fields is creeping up on him. I also feel like Fields is smarter than TL. Something in the eyes an style of play.

    I feel badly for Sam. Not only did he get set up to fail but now he can't prove anything and he is effectively, damaged good. Shoulder injuries to a QBs throwing shoulder has a stigma that sticks.



    Ignorance is bliss

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,985
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    So you'd trade the #1 pick too, instead of drafting Lawrence?

    No to Chase.
    Pay Allen Robinson and get a certified #1 to go with Mims.
    Well if we can get Allen Robinson, that’s a completely different story and I’d be all for it and completely change my draft outlook.
    If I believed in Sam and signed Robinson, I may go the direction of a crazy good offensive line by trading back and trying to acquire multiple picks along with one of the premium TEs. With presumably 2 firsts, 2 seconds, and a bunch of 3rds, I’d have up to 4 new offensive linemen all with high picks

    But yes, overall I am in favor of trading the #1 or #2 pick. Either trade should bring a huge haul
    Last edited by Larry M; 11-19-2020 at 07:55 PM.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    10,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Well if we can get Allen Robinson, that’s a completely different story and I’d be all for it and completely change my draft outlook.
    If I believed in Sam and signed Robinson, I may go the direction of a crazy good offensive line by trading back and trying to acquire multiple picks along with one of the premium TEs. With presumably 2 firsts, 2 seconds, and a bunch of 3rds, I’d have up to 4 new offensive linemen all with high picks

    But yes, overall I am in favor of trading the #1 or #2 pick. Either trade should bring a huge haul
    You said, "if" you believed in Sam.
    Do you???

    Because only a couple of teams could give a realistic haul back in this draft, others would have to offer picks for future draft selections.

    Jacksonville has 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders, but if they draft at #2, I doubt they'd give up the picks to get Lawrence, when Fields is there for the taking.
    So where are you getting 2 1st round picks from...

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •