Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets talk

The way Trask is slinging the ball and making pre-snap reads and adjustments, I won’t cry if we somehow win a game or two and lose out on #1. Still prefer the top pick and TL, but gator bias aside, Trask is doing things even Burrows didn’t do last year (with more top-end NFL talent around him).

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    The way Trask is slinging the ball and making pre-snap reads and adjustments, I won’t cry if we somehow win a game or two and lose out on #1. Still prefer the top pick and TL, but gator bias aside, Trask is doing things even Burrows didn’t do last year (with more top-end NFL talent around him).
    My biggest thing with Trask is he has the size, arm and poise, but he's a statue.
    Not that you have to be a scrambler but you need to be mobile enough in the pocket.
    I don't think he is.
    And I don't think he has a quick release as a counter.

He could be successful as a pro QB, but he needs an elite OL in front of him.

Right now, I see him ranked as anywhere from the 6th-10th QB in the draft.
    He may climb a bit in the combines because of arm talent, though.

Not sure if he offers anything more than what we may (?) have in Morgan.

That said, I seriously do like his weapons in Pitts and Toney.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    My biggest thing with Trask is he has the size, arm and poise, but he's a statue.
    Not that you have to be a scrambler but you need to be mobile enough in the pocket.
    I don't think he is.
    And I don't think he has a quick release as a counter.

He could be successful as a pro QB, but he needs an elite OL in front of him.

Right now, I see him ranked as anywhere from the 6th-10th QB in the draft.
    He may climb a bit in the combines because of arm talent, though.

Not sure if he offers anything more than what we may (?) have in Morgan.

That said, I seriously do like his weapons in Pitts and Toney.
    I respectfully disagree with most of this. He has shown an ability to run at times under Mullen and pick up much needed 3rd and 4th downs on the ground (to the point where Gator media refers to him as “the willing runner” since the system is typically designed for true dual-threat QBs). Also, our o-line is not elite. It is vastly improved from last year’s s***show, but it’s still nowhere near the lines that bama and georgia have. Delance is a major liability at RT.

I agree that his release needs to be quicker, but he’s so good at pre-snap reads that he can mitigate his slow release with his razor-sharp mind.

Give me TL and JF all day, but Trask would be my 3rd option at this point if we miss out on the other guys.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Damn Jax almost beat GB today. Gives me hope they might win another game.
    They've been competitive in most of their games.
    Best for Jets would be if Jacksonville ends up with at least another couple wins and soon.

I still believe the Jets will win at least 1-2 games this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    I respectfully disagree with most of this. He has shown an ability to run at times under Mullen and pick up much needed 3rd and 4th downs on the ground (to the point where Gator media refers to him as “the willing runner” since the system is typically designed for true dual-threat QBs). Also, our o-line is not elite. It is vastly improved from last year’s s***show, but it’s still nowhere near the lines that bama and georgia have. Delance is a major liability at RT.

I agree that his release needs to be quicker, but he’s so good at pre-snap reads that he can mitigate his slow release with his razor-sharp mind.

Give me TL and JF all day, but Trask would be my 3rd option at this point if we miss out on the other guys.
    Possibly, but other than Lawrence, Fields and Lance (the projected top 3 QBs), I often see BYU QB and Jones (bama) as the next 2.
    Then a grouping of Costello, Trask, Ehrlinger and a couple others as the next tier.

Only time will tell and of that 3rd grouping, I do think Trask has the most potential to be a riser.

I don't question what I see Trask doing in college (he's been good-great), I just question how what I'm seeing from him translates to the pros, where the passrush will come faster and he'll have to make quicker reads.

Mostly it seems he's projected as a day 2 prospect, but I have seen him mocked a couple of times as a late day 1 QB too.
    He's intriguing, but not sure if he's on the Jets radar because of their current draft positioning.

Seattle looking more and more vulnerable week by week.

Good for draft position.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    They've been competitive in most of their games.
    Best for Jets would be if Jacksonville ends up with at least another couple wins and soon.

I still believe the Jets will win at least 1-2 games this year.
    For sure. I won't be happy till all of those teams have a least 3 wins. I think the Jets squeak out 3.

And you know it will be 3 out of the last 4 so they will tell us the season ended on an up note.

Ignorance is bliss

Seattle looking more and more vulnerable week by week.

Good for draft position.
    Seattle is more vulnerable because of Russell Wilson's down play than anything having to do with Jamal Adams.
    Eichel Tower

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Seattle is more vulnerable because of Russell Wilson's down play than anything having to do with Jamal Adams.
    Yeah but Jamal has been atrocious this season.

Jets talk

I hope we somehow lose every game (unless JAX wins again) except Seattle in Week 14. That would ensure the best possible picks.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 11-16-2020 at 02:00 PM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I hope we somehow lose every game (unless JAX wins again) except Seattle in Week 14. That would ensure the best possible picks.
    How funny would it be if their only win was against the Seahawks?
    And Adams got torched.

Ignorance is bliss

Jets talk

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    How funny would it be if their only win was against the Seahawks?
    And Adams got torched.
    That would be amazing.

I would love to see Darnold throw a deep crossing route to Mims and see him stiff arm the life out of Jamal en route to a long TD

The Jags have a pretty tough rest of the way schedule. I don't see them winning another game.

The Jets are not playing Darnold this week against the Charges. Do you think they don't want him playing against a 2 win team (although they look better than that) to increase their chances of losing? This is a very much need to lose game.

Quote Originally Posted by flfan1943 View Post
    The Jags have a pretty tough rest of the way schedule. I don't see them winning another game.

The Jets are not playing Darnold this week against the Charges. Do you think they don't want him playing against a 2 win team (although they look better than that) to increase their chances of losing? This is a very much need to lose game.
    Definitely.
    Even though Flacco had a very good game last week, Darnold increases their win chances against the chargers.
    Plus, I really think its precautionary because he really is banged up.

Look at the teams the Jaguars have played all season, they've been in nearly every game.
    I bet you didn't think they'd be competitive against Green Bay, and they nearly won.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Yeah but Jamal has been atrocious this season.
    Jamal has actually been good.

HOWEVER, Gregg Williams called it correctly when saying he wouldn't be used the same way with the seahawks, as he was with the Jets.

And it shows, as he's limited by scheme.
    But for what Adams is being asked to do, he's been good, he just not being utilized to his max, like he was here.

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast