Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets talk

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Yeah right, next we can also grab a project like JaMarr Chase or Devonta Smith in the 4th or 5th round too.
    Fine, maybe a 4th or 5th is a reach, heís definitely worth a 6th round selection. Sometimes I just want the player, regardless of the round

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Heís looked great with Flacco and heís performed pretty well over the last 5 weeks. He hasnít been healthy for the majority of the season and this offense has been a total train wreck. Yet he still has more TDs than Robby this season lol.

Last 5 weeks: 17 catches, 323 yards, 3 TDs. Extrapolated over a full season of 16 games and thatís 54 catches, 1033 yards, and 9 TDs. Lets see how he plays over these last 5 games. His field stretching and potential is worth bringing back IMO.
    Careful.
    Perriman has never shown the consistency to extrapolate anything beyond the game he's in.

Remember the end of last year, people wanted to take the last 5 games of the year and say that's what he is, well has he played like that all season?
    No.
    Not doubting his physical talents, but his game is hot and cold.

The Jets would get more performance value from FAs like Allen Robinson or Kenny Galloday over him.

It's you saying that Darnold sucks.
    I never said that, neither have most of us willing to trade him.

We simply believe that Lawrence is a significant enough upgrade at QB, and not only would that be best for the Jets but it would give Darnold a fresh start away from the NY football world.

Apparently, you want to keep Darnold under as much pressure and scrutiny as possible.
    Don't you get that he would literally be a bad game away from having the weight of the fans turn on him.
    Not to mention, if we trade away Lawrence and he happens to be better.
    Forgettaboutit.
    You think the Jets ruined him before, that's nothing compared to what would happen.

Do you want to see Darnold take the field and get boo'd?
    I don't, because he deserves better than that.

But you're banking on the fans, media and organization to be patient another couple of years with him, at which time, he'll be in line for a huge payday, with most likely mediocre play.
    The reality is the NY football world is not going to be that patient and accepting, they will spew venom at him and not give him pause should he faulter.

If the Jets retain Darnold, there is no longer a window for building with him, he must win instantly, as he will be 4 years in.
    That's the only way he'll get peace here.

So you tell me, are the Jets ready to really win many games next year with all those draft picks you talk about, and a QB, several years in, that you are not sold on?
    (Your answer will speak volumes.)
    I think we can win in either scenario. A Lawrence scenario or a Darnold scenario.
    In a Darnold scenario:
    #1 priority is to bring in a real coach (including a QB coach)
    Sign Robinson to get a legit #1. Robinson, Mims, Crowder should be a very solid WR group. Golladay and Godwin are more options, but I donít think will be available
    Sign Thuney or Scherff...changed my mind, hell, sign both (enough of the Lewis and Van Rottens of the world, cut them and save 8M towards the $30M youíre giving Thuney and Scherff). This leaves us with 3 pro bowl linemen. McGovern and Fant will hopefully improve their game with legitimate stars next to them
    The above three offensive signings should use $38M of the $80M cap space we have
    On the defensive side, we should bring back Maye which is likely around $10M. We hopefully finally get to see Mosley. I donít know if Yannick or Dupree are possible, but maybe one of the less expensive rushers, maybe an Everson Griffen

Presumably we would have collected a small fortune of draft choices and dropped back a few spots, I think weíre eyeing some premium defensive positions with Rousseau or Surtain with our early first. If we drop just slightly outside the top 10, Iíd reconsider offense with Pitts to solve the TE position...however, my pick here is Rousseau, the combination of Griffen, Rousseau, and QW should make for a very healthy pass rush

With our late first and multiple second round picks, I think we could be looking at some talented CBs to pair with Hall and Bless, a TE in Freiermuth, a RB in Etienne or Harris.

Thatís a significant swing in player talent and hopefully coaching talent.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I think we can win in either scenario. A Lawrence scenario or a Darnold scenario.
    In a Darnold scenario:
    Sign Robinson to get a legit #1. Robinson, Mims, Crowder should be a very solid WR group. Golladay and Godwin are more options, but I donít think will be available
    Sign Thuney or Scherff...changed my mind, hell, sign both (enough of the Lewis and Van Rottens of the world, cut them and save 8M towards the $30M youíre giving Thuney and Scherff). This leaves us with 3 pro bowl linemen. McGovern and Fant will hopefully improve their game with legitimate stars next to them
    The above three offensive signings should use $38M of the $80M cap space we have
    On the defensive side, we should bring back Maye which is likely around $10M. We hopefully finally get to see Mosley. I donít know if Yannick or Dupree are possible, but maybe one of the less expensive rushers, maybe an Everson Griffen

Presumably we would have collected a small fortune of draft choices and dropped back a few spots, I think weíre eyeing some premium defensive positions with Rousseau or Surtain with our early first. If we drop just slightly outside the top 10, Iíd reconsider offense with Pitts to solve the TE position...however, my pick here is Rousseau, the combination of Griffen, Rousseau, and QW should make for a very healthy pass rush

With our late first and multiple second round picks, I think we could be looking at some talented CBs to pair with Hall and Bless, a TE in Freiermuth, a RB in Etienne or Harris.

This has been my point. Darnold is more than good enough to win. He's not great but I think he can be a top 15 QB if given the right tools.

Is that what you want? I prefer my FQB makes the guys around him better. That has my argument with Sam all along. He doesn't elevate the play of others. ( It's also been my argument with Gase from the start. He hasn't elevated the play of the team, in any aspect.).

Is TL a guarantee? No. Is he a fantastic prospect? Yes.

I am happily sitting on the fence and watching how things unfold.

Ignorance is bliss

Mentioned this in another thread.

Eagles may want to move Wentz. Sam for Wentz plus a 3rd to take on his contract?

Jets can trade the first pick for a ton and rebuild every other aspect of the team.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    In a Darnold scenario:

Got it and makes sense.
    Unfortunately, I don't think Sam can get it done here, not with the day in, day out distractions he'll receive and nonstop comparisons to the top 2 QBs coming out the draft.

I won't dispute Sam's potential to be good, but I will question his potential to be good here.

For Sam to be a success the way you all claim, then the Jets need a home run on everything, no missteps at all.
    I'm not convinced that can happen.

Case in point: who looked better out of the last couple games they each played, Sam or Flacco?

Got it and makes sense.
    Unfortunately, I don't think Sam can get it done here, not with the day in, day out distractions he'll receive and nonstop comparisons to the top 2 QBs coming out the draft.

I won't dispute Sam's potential to be good, but I will question his potential to be good here.

For Sam to be a success the way you all claim, then the Jets need a home run on everything, no missteps at all.
    I'm not convinced that can happen.

Case in point: who looked better out of the last couple games they each played, Sam or Flacco?
    Flacco wasn't great vs the Chargers 15-30 for 200 yds 2 tds and 1 int. (Sam has yet to throw a TD to this group). Flacco also stunk vs Miami and the Cardinals.

Sadly, he has still outperformed Sam.

I think Gase taking back the play calling, screwed Sam. Why not leave it with Loggains? Gase was too ****ing insecure to have someone call a better game? That's weak.
    I would give Sam pretty much complete control at the line to change plays to whatever he wants. I would ask for as much of Sam's input when setting up the game plan. Give him every chance to be comfortable and have control. There is nothing to lose, so why not?

I would give sam a Mulligan for the last game. He was trying to prove something and he was rusty.
    Truthfully, if I'm the brass? Morgan will get in every game, unless it's a tight one and the Jets really want that Win. But any other game? I want to see what he can do.
    Give Sam the first half and if he's slinging? Give him the third quarter. If he's still slinging? He finishes.
    If he's lumpy at the half, give Morgan the ball.

Ignorance is bliss

Jets talk

Careful.
    Perriman has never shown the consistency to extrapolate anything beyond the game he's in.

Remember the end of last year, people wanted to take the last 5 games of the year and say that's what he is, well has he played like that all season?
    No.
    Not doubting his physical talents, but his game is hot and cold.

The Jets would get more performance value from FAs like Allen Robinson or Kenny Galloday over him.
    Yeah like I said, these last 5 games will be crucial with his evaluation. Heís been injured most of the season so I think we can bring him back on a team-friendly deal if both sides are interested.

Love A-Rob, but heís going to cost much more. I would look at someone like Corey Davis who looks like heís figuring it out this season, but is the #2 WR to AJ Brown in a run-heavy offense. He might be ready to become the alpha-dog next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Flacco wasn't great vs the Chargers 15-30 for 200 yds 2 tds and 1 int. (Sam has yet to throw a TD to this group). Flacco also stunk vs Miami and the Cardinals.

I think Gase taking back the play calling, screwed Sam. Why not leave it with Loggains? Gase was too ****ing insecure to have someone call a better game? That's weak.
    I would give Sam pretty much complete control at the line to change plays to whatever he wants. I would ask for as much of Sam's input when setting up the game plan. Give him every chance to be comfortable and have control. There is nothing to lose, so why not?

I would give sam a Mulligan for the last game. He was trying to prove something and he was rusty.
    Truthfully, if I'm the brass? Morgan will get in every game, unless it's a tight one and the Jets really want that Win. But any other game? I want to see what he can do.
    Give Sam the first half and if he's slinging? Give him the third quarter. If he's still slinging? He finishes.
    That wasnít a great game from Flacco, but the Chargers have a pretty good pass defense. At least heís throwing TDs. Flacco and Perriman have a great deep connection, although Darnold connected on a deep corner route with Perriman as well.

Mentioned this in another thread.

Eagles may want to move Wentz. Sam for Wentz plus a 3rd to take on his contract?

Jets can trade the first pick for a ton and rebuild every other aspect of the team.
    I don't know. Wentz looks broken. I'd rather have Sam, because we at least still haven't seen his best.

You get the point though.

Flacco has not been great but the offense is moving the ball and scoring.
    He's looked the better of the 2.

That's not encouraging for Sam's case.

You get the point though.

Flacco has not been great but the offense is moving the ball and scoring.
    He's looked the better of the 2.

That's not encouraging for Sam's case.
    This. Sam might eventually look better in a better situation, but the current circumstances with the Jets make it look as though it is time for them to part ways.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Yeah like I said, these last 5 games will be crucial with his evaluation. Heís been injured most of the season so I think we can bring him back on a team-friendly deal if both sides are interested.

Love A-Rob, but heís going to cost much more. I would look at someone like Corey Davis who looks like heís figuring it out this season, but is the #2 WR to AJ Brown in a run-heavy offense. He might be ready to become the alpha-dog next season.
    Don't resign Perriman, you save 8m.
    Release Crowder, you save 8m.
    Take 15-16m and give to Robonson or Galloday.
    Draft Amari Rodgers from Clemson to play slot WR. (He's similar to Crowder in every part of his game and he already has chemistry with Lawrence)

The money is about the same in total.
    You get a legit #1 WR,.
    And you get a slot WR that the new QB is dependably comfortable with.
    I really like the thought of matching a new QB with at least 1 of his college WRs that can be productive as a pro.

Robinson/Galloday, Mims & Rodgers > Perriman, Mims & Crowder
    Last edited by MrX27; 12-02-2020 at 12:08 PM.

So are you really trying to say, Herbert or Burrow haven't looked better than Darnold?
    Never said that at all. Herbert can have all the gaudy stats he wants, at the end of the day the Los Angeles Chargers are 3-8 and in last place in the AFC West.

At the end of the day, Joe Burrow can have all the gaudy stats he wants, at the end of the day the Cincinnati Bengals are 2-8-1 and in last place in the AFC North.

Look at Deshaun Watson: 68.9% completion percentage, 24 TD's, 5 INT's and over 3,200 yards passing. Houston is 4-7 and in 3rd place out of the playoff hunt.

The NFL is about wins and losses and say what you will, Herbert and Burrow have more talent now offensively than Darnold has had his entire career in New York.
    Eichel Tower

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Never said that at all. Herbert can have all the gaudy stats he wants, at the end of the day the Los Angeles Chargers are 3-8 and in last place in the AFC West.

At the end of the day, Joe Burrow can have all the gaudy stats he wants, at the end of the day the Cincinnati Bengals are 2-8-1 and in last place in the AFC North.

Look at Deshaun Watson: 68.9% completion percentage, 24 TD's, 5 INT's and over 3,200 yards passing. Houston is 4-7 and in 3rd place out of the playoff hunt.

The NFL is about wins and losses and say what you will, Herbert and Burrow have more talent now offensively than Darnold has had his entire career in New York.
    Herbert and Burrow are rookies, Darnold is in his 3rd year.
    They have outperformed him.

Deshaun Watson has less receiving talent than Darnold, and he's still producing.

You're acting as if Darnold is putting up comparable stats to any of those guys, oh and by the way, those QBs have a W in the win column.
    The Jets have none.

So tell me again how 0 wins makes a QB comparable, if its all about wins and losses?

Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast