Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106
Results 1,576 to 1,588 of 1588

Thread: Jets talk

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    If the season ended right now, the Jets would pick 2nd and 5th.

Things will change, but that would be sweet.
    It would be amazing. Love seeing the Seahawks implode. Thereís no Trevor Lawrence in this draft but Iím sure some of these QB prospects will be elevated to top 5 and top 10 picks. We could trade down for two hauls.

Iím encouraged by our current draft class and 2022 could be even better. Hereís to hoping Jets lose a heart breaker to the Texans where Zach, Moore and team look good

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Did you like Gase? Because you seem to be forming a defense strategy for him.
    I for one, didn't like Gase from that start. But even as bad as I thought he was, he, like every coach and coaching staff, deserved at least a season and a half to start really calling for their head.

We don't know if Saleh is good or bad. They don't have the players and we are learning. if any of these guys are legit. It is a process.
    Were you expecting a winning team? Even when Saleh said, it will be a rough season, did you think he lied and the Jets were goin to be great?
    Rookie QB
    Rookie HC
    Rookie OC
    Rookie DC

I don't know, call me crazy but I think people deserve a chance and that takes time. So you can't rant away about your hatred for everyone on the team not named Zac Wilson but I would rather watch the process and see what happens.
    You may be right and all of these coaches stink. Will that make the next 2 years any better? Nope.

Instead of judging the artist and the painting based on a preliminary sketch, I will wait till the painting is done.
    As I have said many times before, I don't think anyone before the season began would have been upset at 2-8, IF the team was competitive. But if you look at the Jets schedule so far in these 10 games, they were "non competitive" against New England twice, Atlanta, Denver, Buffalo, and Indianapolis. You have a defense that in 4 games, allowed more points than the 2000 Baltimore Ravens did the entire year.

Yes, the team is young. Yes, the coaches are "new" at what their jobs are. You still expect the team to be competitive. Detroit at 0-9-1 is more competitive than the NY Jets.

Joe Douglas has been the GM of the Jets for realistically 2 seasons. Joe Douglas run teams are a combined 4-22.

How much longer do you give Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh before you sit there any say, "This is not worth wasting any more time on?" I am not willing to fire both just yet, but if they are non-competitive next year, you really have to start giving serious thought to sending both of them to the unemployment line.
    Eichel Tower

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    As I have said many times before, I don't think anyone before the season began would have been upset at 2-8, IF the team was competitive. But if you look at the Jets schedule so far in these 10 games, they were "non competitive" against New England twice, Atlanta, Denver, Buffalo, and Indianapolis. You have a defense that in 4 games, allowed more points than the 2000 Baltimore Ravens did the entire year.

Yes, the team is young. Yes, the coaches are "new" at what their jobs are. You still expect the team to be competitive. Detroit at 0-9-1 is more competitive than the NY Jets.

Joe Douglas has been the GM of the Jets for realistically 2 seasons. Joe Douglas run teams are a combined 4-22.

How much longer do you give Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh before you sit there any say, "This is not worth wasting any more time on?" I am not willing to fire both just yet, but if they are non-competitive next year, you really have to start giving serious thought to sending both of them to the unemployment line.
    Have to believe if the Jets fire Douglas then Saleh is gone as well. You can't keep having GM inherit coaches that don't fit their philosophy. I will say I expect the Jets to be far more competitive next year with all the draft picks and their projected cap space. Its not crazy cap flexibility but its enough to bring in more talent.

That said, yeah I'm not giving Douglas that much more of a leash. If this team doesn't take significant strides next year, its time for him to go.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

Next year's team needs to be far more competitive. I won't commit to a W-L record because if they only win 3 but are in all one score, tight games, I think that is growth. My realistic hopes for the W-L would be 7 or more wins.
    I do believe the last 7 games will be better. I won't be shocked if they get smacked by the Bucs but the rest of the games should be good ones.
    I hope the Bills have something to play for in the last game. I'd like to see if the team improves by the time they next play.

Ignorance is bliss

This is a complete reset, itís going to take a few years. JD is building a team through the draft, I donít expect any big FA acquisitions unless itís strategic and long term (which is rare in NFL FA)

Expect another bad year in 2022 and hopefully a decent team in 2023. One of the biggest keys is ZW and if he was the right pick, thatíll determine JDís fate

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    This is a complete reset, itís going to take a few years. JD is building a team through the draft, I donít expect any big FA acquisitions unless itís strategic and long term (which is rare in NFL FA)

Expect another bad year in 2022 and hopefully a decent team in 2023. One of the biggest keys is ZW and if he was the right pick, thatíll determine JDís fate
    100%

We've seen some good things from draftees and some of them will get even better with experience.
    Joe D is good for at least 2 years, the growth of his draftees (specifically ZW, unless another QB emerges) are the main factors in his regime.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post

Why is it a complete reset? If I was the owner, Saleh and JD have a playoff mandate next season. If not, it is time to move on.
    Eichel Tower

Why is it a complete reset? If I was the owner, Saleh and JD have a playoff mandate next season. If not, it is time to move on.
    Hmmmmm......
    Then if ZW is the starter next year and he doesn't make the playoffs, is it time to move on from him too?

I think they need more time. They completely turned over the roster and have the youngest team in football. The goal is sustained winning as opposed to a quick fix that doesnít last.

They will probably still be among the youngest teams next year if not the youngest.

I just want to see strides from the current roster and them improving the roster. I don't expect a playoff season next year but getting to 7 or 8 wins would show us that they are making moves in the right direction.

Because they tried half ***** rebuilds multiple times before and outside of Rexís first two years, it has been a disaster. IIRC, we have one of the worst records over the last 5 years

The Johnsonís didnít give Douglas a very long contract only to expect to fire him if he didnít turn a disaster around in a short period of time

I think Douglas needs to make 2 or 3 big free agent signings this off-season. The longer you stay at the bottom of the pack the harder it is to climb out of it.. We have money to spend and their are players who will help this team, there is no reason not to sign a couple.

Scherff should be priority number 1. Gallup should be strongly considered. Unfortunately their arenít many defensive FA but maybe they could go for Chandler Jones. I expect the secondary to be primarily addressed through the draft next year but we cant nearly address all this teams needs through the draft.

With a couple good FA signings and a good draft this team can be competitive again next year.

DE Aiden Hutchinson UMichigan having a big game against Ohio St.
    He's had a good year and applies a consistent backfield presence.

If Thibodeaux is gone, he may be in serious consideration for the 1st 1st round pick.