Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 199 of 212 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 3171

Thread: Jets talk

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I feel like after that pro-day and specifically, that throw, everyone started saying the Jets were taking him for sure.
    I think that Wilson, Fields and Lance were all legit possibilities at 2 but after Wilson made that throw, it became clear what direction the Jets would go.

I wouldn't say the throw propelled him to #2 but it definitely cemented him there. It's all the media talked about and it was all we saw.
    Maybe in your and Mr.X's minds, but all projections had the Jets taking Wilson at #2. If you want to make the argument that the pro day didn't change that or helped solidify that position, than fine. But it is absolutely assinine to say an NFL franchise drafted a guy second overall based on one throw when the guy was in shorts and a tee shirt. You're normally smarter than that Kinky. Go back and look at the pro day coverage. They were all over the Jets and Wilson. The pro day was a formality. Lance crushed his pro day too, but the Jets were already settled on Zack. Facts.

Argumentative much?
    Last edited by MrX27; 09-28-2022 at 01:36 PM.

****ing Fant to the IR

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rn-approaching

And... Jets sign tackle Cedric Ogbuehi to bolster struggling offensive line

https://nypost.com/2022/09/27/jets-s...ffensive-line/
    Saleh said Brown "looks good" and may play next week against dolphins, since he's eligible to come off IR then.

If he can go and hold his own, I believe Brown and Mitchell should be ok as bookends, at least until Fant comes back.

In a bit of good news Quincy Williams is listed as week-to-week, as he recovers from a bad high ankle sprain suffered vs Bengals.
    It looked worse than it turned out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Saleh said Brown "looks good" and may play next week against dolphins, since he's eligible to come off IR then.

If he can go and hold his own, I believe Brown and Mitchell should be ok as bookends, at least until Fant comes back.

In a bit of good news Quincy Williams is listed as week-to-week, as he recovers from a bad high ankle sprain suffered vs Bengals.
    Very happy about Quincy. He's a valuable part of the team. Also, hopeful on Brown.

****ing Fant to the IR

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rn-approaching

And... Jets sign tackle Cedric Ogbuehi to bolster struggling offensive line

https://nypost.com/2022/09/27/jets-s...ffensive-line/
    Incredibly ridiculous

I feel like after that pro-day and specifically, that throw, everyone started saying the Jets were taking him for sure.
    I think that Wilson, Fields and Lance were all legit possibilities at 2 but after Wilson made that throw, it became clear what direction the Jets would go.

I wouldn't say the throw propelled him to #2 but it definitely cemented him there. It's all the media talked about and it was all we saw.
    Nah, it was well before the pro day throw

Iím certainly a Saleh supporter, but I donít necessarily trust him when heís talking about injury timelines

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Very happy about Quincy. He's a valuable part of the team. Also, hopeful on Brown.
    Iím happy for the guy
    Heís got a unique opportunity to have an NFL career and it would have sucked for him if he had a serious injury

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    Maybe in your and Mr.X's minds, but all projections had the Jets taking Wilson at #2. If you want to make the argument that the pro day didn't change that or helped solidify that position, than fine. But it is absolutely assinine to say an NFL franchise drafted a guy second overall based on one throw when the guy was in shorts and a tee shirt. You're normally smarter than that Kinky. Go back and look at the pro day coverage. They were all over the Jets and Wilson. The pro day was a formality. Lance crushed his pro day too, but the Jets were already settled on Zack. Facts.
    You might want to take your own advice. Go look at some mocks from, the draft gurus. There are a few that had the Jets taking fields up till the end.

I hold that Fields, Lance and ZW were all possibilities at until theater day. I am not saying anything very different than you.
    ZW was up the charts. He was a legit option at 2 before the pro day. He may have been their first choice but if he **** the bed? They would have had pause. That throw ended most speculation

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Iím certainly a Saleh supporter, but I donít necessarily trust him when heís talking about injury timelines
    Yeah, unfortunately the Jets don't have the best track record when it comes to medical matters.

You might want to take your own advice. Go look at some mocks from, the draft gurus. There are a few that had the Jets taking fields up till the end.

I hold that Fields, Lance and ZW were all possibilities at until theater day. I am not saying anything very different than you.
    ZW was up the charts. He was a legit option at 2 before the pro day. He may have been their first choice but if he **** the bed? They would have had pause. That throw ended most speculation
    That's what I'm was getting at.

It wasn't his game tape that really popped him as the #2 pick.
    It was after season workouts, and his pro day that made it decisive.

To me, that was a yellow flag to be cautious.
    But we're here now....,

Btw, has anyone seen any update as to whether ZW is playing this week?
    Last edited by MrX27; 09-29-2022 at 10:10 AM.

But we're here now....,

Yes, it was confirmed by Saleh on I believe Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Yes, it was confirmed by Saleh on I believe Tuesday
    Yep. Medically cleared and good to go.

Ignorance is bliss

But we're here now....,

Think about it....
    What was ZW's defining moment leading up to the draft?

Let me guess what you're thinking:
    First of all, with 99.9% of QBs it's an in-game play.
    But with ZW it was 1 pro day throw.
    Which by the way, nearly every other QB (in that draft) replicated successfully after he did it.

The above was from your previous quote. In the end, it doesn't matter, and I'm not being argumentative (hi pot, this is kettle), but you literally said it was one pro day throw that made the Jets pick Wilson #2. That is just not accurate.
    Your Worst Nightmare

Ulbrich is a ****ing Moron. Instead of being accountable, he basically threw Q under the bus. I know he explained his comment but damn, that was stupid comment

This is a good test for Saleh and the entire coaching staff. When guys are saying the communication is bad, especially guys like Reed, the coaches need to change what they are doing.

Ignorance is bliss