Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 198 of 212 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 3171

Thread: Jets talk

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    I wanted Darnold or Jackson. Didn't like Rosen at all.
    We got Darnold.
    And I don't recall anyone thinking he was going to be a bust before the draft or at the time of his selection.

As for ZW, I never understood why he was the 'right' pick at #2.
    I saw concernable faults in his game before the draft, which still exist today.
    I'm not saying he didn't deserve to be a 1st rounder but he was a huge late riser in the draft process, that usually equates to being a hype product.

Think about it....
    What was ZW's defining moment leading up to the draft?

Let me guess what you're thinking:
    First of all, with 99.9% of QBs it's an in-game play.
    But with ZW it was 1 pro day throw.
    Which by the way, nearly every other QB (in that draft) replicated successfully after he did it.

So if others were swept off their feet by the hype machine and were up on ZW since the pro day throw, that's fine.
    However, many of us were leary of the selection because we saw better qualities out of some of the other available QBs.

But ZW is/will be our QB again, and WE ALL want him to to be a true FQB.
    Though in order to get many of us jumping on his bandwagon, he has to win us over, but first he has to win over the locker room with consistently good play.
    Now some people say that makes me a "hater", I say that makes me a realist.

We'll see how much ZW has evolved a few games into his return.
    Yep. That throw had people going crazy.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Yep. That throw had people going crazy.
    I really wasn’t impressed by it
    Shorts, t shirt, not a defender in site

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I really wasn’t impressed by it
    Shorts, t shirt, not a defender in site
    I was impressed by the arm strength. I definitely said, wow.

Ignorance is bliss

So Brown may be done for the year? Holy crap.
    I hope Fant's injury isn't serious. LT is in bad shape right now. Mitchell has been pretty good.

Still no news on Williams injury. I thought it looked like he tore his achilles but they are calling it an ankle injury, so maybe he broke it. If so, and it's clean, it would be strangely good news. Quicker and easier heal.
    I am bummed he got hurt. He's good and he's fun to watch.

I also think Q yelling back and forth with the assistant, is no biggie. If it happens again? That's a big problem.

Ignorance is bliss

So Brown may be done for the year? Holy crap.
    I hope Fant's injury isn't serious. LT is in bad shape right now. Mitchell has been pretty good.

Still no news on Williams injury. I thought it looked like he tore his achilles but they are calling it an ankle injury, so maybe he broke it. If so, and it's clean, it would be strangely good news. Quicker and easier heal.
    I am bummed he got hurt. He's good and he's fun to watch.

I also think Q yelling back and forth with the assistant, is no biggie. If it happens again? That's a big problem.
    Where do you see the Brown news? All I see is Saleh thinks he’ll be back soon and looks good. I believe we signed Mike Remmers, he could be an improvement over McDermott, or at the minimum another body.

Q doesn’t bother me, he was just yelling, he didn’t even raise his arms

Not sure if anyone is watching the Giants game, but Evan Neal looks awful. Makes McDermott look like a pro bowler

Where do you see the Brown news? All I see is Saleh thinks he’ll be back soon and looks good. I believe we signed Mike Remmers, he could be an improvement over McDermott, or at the minimum another body.

Hope Remmers can play, since he is just coming off a knee injury.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Hope Remmers can play, since he is just coming off a knee injury.
    I think he's starting on the practice squad to make sure. He had full medical clearance, so hopefully he's ready to go and just needs to learn the book and get in shape

Ignorance is bliss

Brown is not eligible to play before the Jets play the Dolphins at home in Week 5. Head coach Robert Saleh‘s assertion that he “hopes” Brown will play this season does not make it sound encouraging that Brown will even come off injured reserve at that time.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2022/09/23/d...eturn-jets-ol/

That's the only place I read it. Hopefully it's inaccurate

Ignorance is bliss

Brown is not eligible to play before the Jets play the Dolphins at home in Week 5. Head coach Robert Saleh‘s assertion that he “hopes” Brown will play this season does not make it sound encouraging that Brown will even come off injured reserve at that time.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2022/09/23/d...eturn-jets-ol/

That's the only place I read it. Hopefully it's inaccurate
    Fortunately, Injured Reserved doesn't necessarily mean what it used to, so until further notice he's (at least) eligible to return to the active roster.

At least, it seems Mitchell willl be a long-term player.
    Not that he's been pancaking people, but consider that he's been up against 3 top tier passrushers after being thrust into playing time.
    I think he's been ok, with the upside to be a solid pass blocker.
    Not sure if he'll ever be a great run blocker but he appears to be adequate enough.

****ing Fant to the IR

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rn-approaching

And... Jets sign tackle Cedric Ogbuehi to bolster struggling offensive line

https://nypost.com/2022/09/27/jets-s...ffensive-line/

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    I wanted Darnold or Jackson. Didn't like Rosen at all.
    We got Darnold.
    And I don't recall anyone thinking he was going to be a bust before the draft or at the time of his selection.

As for ZW, I never understood why he was the 'right' pick at #2.
    I saw concernable faults in his game before the draft, which still exist today.
    I'm not saying he didn't deserve to be a 1st rounder but he was a huge late riser in the draft process, that usually equates to being a hype product.

Think about it....
    What was ZW's defining moment leading up to the draft?

Let me guess what you're thinking:
    First of all, with 99.9% of QBs it's an in-game play.
    But with ZW it was 1 pro day throw.
    Which by the way, nearly every other QB (in that draft) replicated successfully after he did it.

So if others were swept off their feet by the hype machine and were up on ZW since the pro day throw, that's fine.
    However, many of us were leary of the selection because we saw better qualities out of some of the other available QBs.

But ZW is/will be our QB again, and WE ALL want him to to be a true FQB.
    Though in order to get many of us jumping on his bandwagon, he has to win us over, but first he has to win over the locker room with consistently good play.
    Now some people say that makes me a "hater", I say that makes me a realist.

We'll see how much ZW has evolved a few games into his return.
    Wilson started hitting the radar around October of that year. It was always Lawrence #1, then Fields or possible Lance at #2. Wilson impressed people with his athleticism and his arm strength. He was already in the #2 spot when he made that pro day throw that you are talking about. So, it wasn't one throw that propelled him to the #2 pick, he was already there.
    Your Worst Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    Wilson started hitting the radar around October of that year. It was always Lawrence #1, then Fields or possible Lance at #2. Wilson impressed people with his athleticism and his arm strength. He was already in the #2 spot when he made that pro day throw that you are talking about. So, it wasn't one throw that propelled him to the #2 pick, he was already there.
    I feel like after that pro-day and specifically, that throw, everyone started saying the Jets were taking him for sure.
    I think that Wilson, Fields and Lance were all legit possibilities at 2 but after Wilson made that throw, it became clear what direction the Jets would go.

I wouldn't say the throw propelled him to #2 but it definitely cemented him there. It's all the media talked about and it was all we saw.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    Yup, it was the throw.

I feel like after that pro-day and specifically, that throw, everyone started saying the Jets were taking him for sure.
    I think that Wilson, Fields and Lance were all legit possibilities at 2 but after Wilson made that throw, it became clear what direction the Jets would go.

I wouldn't say the throw propelled him to #2 but it definitely cemented him there. It's all the media talked about and it was all we saw.
    100%
    The hype machine allowed that throw to camouflage his faults, and become the 2nd overall pick.

As you said, there was a clear distinction in the direction of the 2nd overall pick, before and after the throw.