Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets talk

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    Lol one of those 2 top-20 teams is now 0-5 penn state

I’m not gonna argue TL vs JF because I agree with you that they’re both very close and VERY good prospects. Either guy would make me happy as a Jets fan. But OSU has played a trash schedule outside of yesterday’s game. Clemson’s schedule is soft too, but they boatraced miami and likely would have beat ND if TL played. That’s more than OSU can say (so far... though they’re not gonna face any real tests the rest of the way, unless you think NW is a legit threat).
    As a whole college teams are weaker this year.
    And let's face it, neither team is playing an elite schedule.

Btw Lawrence's replacement, the true freshman, might have the strongest arm in college.
    He does have a bit to learn in order to be a complete QB, but physically he's a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    As a whole college teams are weaker this year.
    And let's face it, neither team is playing an elite schedule.

Btw Lawrence's replacement, the true freshman, might have the strongest arm in college.
    He does have a bit to learn in order to be a complete QB, but physically he's a beast.
    Yeah dude, he’s the next stud QB for clemson... -#1 qb out of HS

This has been the hardest season for me as a jets fan.... that is all.

1. Gase is still here
    2. We might have ruined Darnold
    3. Gase
    4. Gase
    5. Gase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

Just read a article saying what it would take to resign Poole and Maye. They are basing that on what on players at their positions and age recently sign for. The problem with that reasoning IMO is that this year that kind of money won't be as available as it was the last few years. My reasoning is that the cap limit will be lower at about 175m. Many of the clubs are either at that level or above it . They will have to cut some players just to get under the cap. That will mean their will be more players available and fewer teams with money to be able to sign them. Two many players and not enough money means lower salaries. I think many players will sign 1 yr contracts at lesser amounts and hope next year the cap will go back up to where there will be more money available. This not only applies to Poole and Maye but all free agents this coming free agency.

On another subject. It is no secret that Gase will be fired after this season. I am totally on board with that plan.
    My concern is a new coach may want to gut the team and start all over. I may be the only one but I believe the team has a lot of good players and only needs some upgrades to become a good team. The Dline is good and the linebackers will get C.J. back and add a edge rusher and they will be decent. The secondary need to resign Poole and Maye. The Dbacks are getting their test now to show what they have.
    On offense they have (at least for now ) the #1 pick for Trevor at QB. The Oline is playing better now with more time together. Tackles are good need a guard and a center. Herndon's problem IMO is a lack of confidence he has the tools. Maybe yesterday will get him back on track. Mims, Perriman, and Crowder are a nice group of receivers. They could add another one too even be better. Perine is fine at RB but they will have to add at least one more (not Gore). They have 120m in cap space and 9 draft picks to add these players.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by flfan1943 View Post
    Just read a article saying what it would take to resign Poole and Maye. They are basing that on what on players at their positions and age recently sign for. The problem with that reasoning IMO is that this year that kind of money won't be as available as it was the last few years. My reasoning is that the cap limit will be lower at about 175m. Many of the clubs are either at that level or above it . They will have to cut some players just to get under the cap. That will mean their will be more players available and fewer teams with money to be able to sign them. Two many players and not enough money means lower salaries. I think many players will sign 1 yr contracts at lesser amounts and hope next year the cap will go back up to where there will be more money available. This not only applies to Poole and Maye but all free agents this coming free agency.

On another subject. It is no secret that Gase will be fired after this season. I am totally on board with that plan.
    My concern is a new coach may want to gut the team and start all over. I may be the only one but I believe the team has a lot of good players and only needs some upgrades to become a good team. The Dline is good and the linebackers will get C.J. back and add a edge rusher and they will be decent. The secondary need to resign Poole and Maye. The Dbacks are getting their test now to show what they have.
    On offense they have (at least for now ) the #1 pick for Trevor at QB. The Oline is playing better now with more time together. Tackles are good need a guard and a center. Herndon's problem IMO is a lack of confidence he has the tools. Maybe yesterday will get him back on track. Mims, Perriman, and Crowder are a nice group of receivers. They could add another one too even be better. Perine is fine at RB but they will have to add at least one more (not Gore). They have 120m in cap space and 9 draft picks to add these players.
    Right now, I think this team is a legit 1 WR, 2 good OL, Edge, a legit #1 CB away from being a good team. Add to that a good TE and gamebreaking RB and they are a very good team.
    What I just listed, I have listed for the last 3 years and isn't a small task but seeing Hall yesterday and seeing how Bless has played, I think we have some potential at CB. I would still look for a lockdown guy for sure and I would definitely bring back Maye. Poole would be very dependent on contract

Ignorance is bliss

Let's say we draft TL or Fields, how long is it going to take Jets fans to **** on them too?
    Eichel Tower

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Let's say we draft TL or Fields, how long is it going to take Jets fans to **** on them too?
    Depends on what they show on the field in conjunction with how the FO/coaches develop and properly surround TL/JF.

Sam has absolutely been given a **** deal here with zero real weapons to play with for most of 2 1/2 seasons, and piss poor offensive coaching/development taboot. No question. But he’s also shown at times that he doesn’t have that “it” factor that separates the elite, truly franchise QBs from the rest of the pack. His footwork, ability to make reads/progressions, and ability to throw receivers open have all looked suspect during his career. Again, part of that is definitely due to lack of weapons and scheme, but I have yet to see him (emphasis) CONSISTENTLY show he’s a FQB who’s worthy if a hefty 5th year guarantee that we need to decide on in a few months.

Also, TL and JF are just better QB prospects in my opinion... all things being equal, I’d take either one over Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    For some? 3 games

After that, anywhere from a seasons to two seasons.

This is why I hope Sam comes back and has a bunch of good games. I think the Jets are better suited building a beast of an O line and a dynamic D (Edge and CBs). Take care of those two things and grab a WR in FA, Goodwin may out price the Bucs and Robinson is on that list as well.
    Also, could the Jets steal Barrett from the Bucs?
    Ramsey? A bit of a head case but he's a good CB.

Jets have money. Can they get a couple of this e FAs here and hit it in the draft? If they do, Sam will be fine. Maybe not great but good enough to win a title.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    For some? 3 games

After that, anywhere from a seasons to two seasons.

This is why I hope Sam comes back and has a bunch of good games. I think the Jets are better suited building a beast of an O line and a dynamic D (Edge and CBs). Take care of those two things and grab a WR in FA, Goodwin may out price the Bucs and Robinson is on that list as well.
    Also, could the Jets steal Barrett from the Bucs?
    Ramsey? A bit of a head case but he's a good CB.

Jets have money. Can they get a couple of this e FAs here and hit it in the draft? If they do, Sam will be fine. Maybe not great but good enough to win a title.
    If I was ranking Sam in comparison with this year's QBs:

1- Lawrence (slight edge)
    2- Fields (gaining ground, more accurate with less weapons than Lawrence)
    3- Darnold
    4- Lance (potential but a question mark)
    BYU QB, Jones and Trask (next grouping- I think Trask will be a combine riser, possibly 4th QB off the board)

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    If I was ranking Sam in comparison with this year's QBs:

1- Lawrence (slight edge)
    2- Fields (gaining ground, more accurate with less weapons than Lawrence)
    3- Darnold
    4- Lance (potential but a question mark)
    BYU QB, Jones and Trask (next grouping- I think Trask will be a combine riser, possibly 4th QB off the board)
    That's kind of my feeling.
    Also, Sam is only a year and a half older than Fields and 2 years older than TL.

Even if you put Sam 5th, which would still likely land him in the first round, are the Jets better served keeping Sam and trading back?
    They could end up with 3 first rounders for next year and still have 2, maybe more this year depending on how it shakes out.

I will be crucified for this but might the Jets be better served with the number 2 or 3 pick? If they won 3 and finished 3rd behind the Jags and the Bengals, we know Cinci won't take a QB and if they took the best OL, that leaves the Jets with Fields or TL and a bunch of teams desperate for a QB.

I have been disappointed with Sam but I am not ready to throw in the towel on him. I want to see him with these 4 WRs. If he looks like he could be a top 10 QB? Roll with him

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    That's kind of my feeling.
    Also, Sam is only a year and a half older than Fields and 2 years older than TL.

Even if you put Sam 5th, which would still likely land him in the first round, are the Jets better served keeping Sam and trading back?
    They could end up with 3 first rounders for next year and still have 2, maybe more this year depending on how it shakes out.

I will be crucified for this but might the Jets be better served with the number 2 or 3 pick? If they won 3 and finished 3rd behind the Jags and the Bengals, we know Cinci won't take a QB and if they took the best OL, that leaves the Jets with Fields or TL and a bunch of teams desperate for a QB.

I have been disappointed with Sam but I am not ready to throw in the towel on him. I want to see him with these 4 WRs. If he looks like he could be a top 10 QB? Roll with him
    I hear ya' but the Jets are very, very unlikely to pass on Lawrence.

Besides, if the Jets land a 2nd rounder for Darnold, based on how well Joe D drafted last year, you'd have to believe Joe D would make the best of that pick.

A tackle, a center and an edge in the first
    2 CBs in the second
    Edge, WR, LB in the third
    RB, DT, WR in the 4th
    OG in 5th
    WR in 7th
    Added 2 firsts and 2 thirds for 2022

Penei Sewell
    OT Oregon

Creed Humphrey
    OC Oklahoma

Patrick Jones
    EDGE Pitt

Paulson Adebo
    CB Stanford

Eric Stokes
    CB Georgia

Hamilcar Rashed Jr.
    EDGE Oregon State

Anthony Schwartz
    WR Auburn

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
    LB Notre Dame

Master Teague
    RB Ohio State

Elijah Moore
    WR Mississippi

LaBryan Ray
    DT Alabama

NYJ
    Dyami Brown
    WR North Carolina

Josh Sills
    OG Oklahoma State

Dazz Newsome
    WR North Carolina

2022 JAX 1st
    2022 WAS 1st
    2022 JAX 3rd
    2022 WAS 3rd

Ignorance is bliss

Rumors of Pat Fitzgerald as a candidate for HC.
    Last edited by MrX27; 11-25-2020 at 12:15 PM.

I'd stay with Darnold

Darnold is talented and has been given the worst possible circumstance in his 3 years with the Jets.
    Zero offensive line, zero weapons, zero coaching.

If the Jets get the overall number 1, I'd trade it for a bushel of high draft picks and stick with Darnold.

Lawrence may or may not be better than Darnold, but not a couple of number 1's and number 2's better.

Lawrence probably wouldn't do much better than Darnold did with similar nothingness to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by ortforshort View Post
    Darnold is talented and has been given the worst possible circumstance in his 3 years with the Jets.
    Zero offensive line, zero weapons, zero coaching.

If the Jets get the overall number 1, I'd trade it for a bushel of high draft picks and stick with Darnold.

Lawrence may or may not be better than Darnold, but not a couple of number 1's and number 2's better.

Lawrence probably wouldn't do much better than Darnold did with similar nothingness to work with.
    Regardless of who the QB is, there needs to be a better surrounding cast

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast