Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 122 of 168 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2513

Thread: Jets talk

Question for Jets fans:
    Is it better to miss the playoffs or make it to the playoffs and get destroyed like the Patriots did yesterday?

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Question for Jets fans:
    Is it better to miss the playoffs or make it to the playoffs and get destroyed like the Patriots did yesterday?
    If I knew my team would get blown out, I would rather they miss it.

But that is never the case. Unless you are like the Jets this year, in full rebuild, I think it is better to make it.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Question for Jets fans:
    If you are referring to next year, only answer I can give is it depends.

If ZW develops into a QB that can take over games on the strength of his play, then I want in the playoffs, so he understands the level of playoff competition demands a higher level of play.

If ZW busts and repeats his play of this season (no growth), then miss the playoffs because we'd need to acquire a viable QB immediately and a good draft pick would be of value.

The Jets signed DR Bradlee Anae from Dallas.

Remember him from U of Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    The Jets signed DR Bradlee Anae from Dallas.

Remember him from U of Utah.
    I never, mind this type of signing. It's an all upside type deal. If he stinks it up, he won't make the roster. If they can coach him up? He had ton of sacks in college.

Ignorance is bliss

I have watched many, many years of Football. Yesterday was, bar none, the most insane, day I have seen. Both games were nuts.

McDermott screwed the pooch for the Bills. How do you not make them return it? Take 4 seconds away and leave them with enough time for 1 play to get into range. How do you not rush 3 and drop 8? Force Mahomes to take time.

The rams got so lucky. They almost screwed themselves. 4 friggin fumbles and all at turning points in theme.

I guess I will hopeful Rams-Bengals but it will probably the 49ers-Chiefs.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I have watched many, many years of Football. Yesterday was, bar none, the most insane, day I have seen. Both games were nuts.

McDermott screwed the pooch for the Bills. How do you not make them return it? Take 4 seconds away and leave them with enough time for 1 play to get into range. How do you not rush 3 and drop 8? Force Mahomes to take time.

The rams got so lucky. They almost screwed themselves. 4 friggin fumbles and all at turning points in theme.

Agree with all of this.

NFL Football

After having watched the Jets all season and then watching the Division round, I could only say to myself "so this is what NFL football looks like". The games were great, but afterward, thinking about how far away the Jets are from any of these teams is not a pleasant thought.

The Rams, Titans and 49ers have awesome defensive lines. They put relentless pressure on the opposing quarterbacks. What a concept! I don't know if any Jets would even make their reserves.

Burrow got sacked nine times and still kept his composure. And he's only a second year guy coming off a severe knee injury. Our guys loose their composure even if there's no pressure (which, admittedly with the Jets, doesn't happen often).

Field goal kickers who can kick! And under pressure! What a concept!!!

Aaron Rodgers and GOAT will never go in the same sentence again.

One thing was reminiscent of the Jets, Green Bay's special teams.

Funny thing, but watching teams in the playoffs against Brady reminds me of golfers going up against Tiger Woods in his prime. They know he's going to be coming and just pre-fold. The 27-3 score was a true reflection of how much better the Rams are than the hobbled Bucs, yet the Brady spectre almost got them.

Allen and Mahomes are literally unstoppable. Out of the young guys, only Herbert may be able to compete with them on their terms, and he can only throw like them, he can't run like them.
    Burrow will have to go at them as more of a Brady-Rodgers type. I actually thought it was over with 13 seconds left. What was I thinking? Mahomes couldn't do it alone, however. Tyreke Hill looks like the creature in the old star trek episode that is running at a different time clock than everyone else. Kelce didn't hurt either. Meanwhile, give the Jets thirteen minutes and they still won't get it done. Definitely have a long way to go.
    Last edited by ortforshort; 01-24-2022 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ortforshort View Post
    After having watched the Jets all season and then watching the Division round, I could only say to myself "so this is what NFL football looks like". The games were great, but afterward, thinking about how far away the Jets are from any of these teams is not a pleasant thought.

The Rams, Titans and 49ers have awesome defensive lines. They put relentless pressure on the opposing quarterbacks. What a concept! I don't know if any Jets would even make their reserves.

Burrow got sacked nine times and still kept his composure. And he's only a second year guy coming off a severe knee injury. Our guys loose their composure even if there's no pressure (which, admittedly with the Jets, doesn't happen often).

Field goal kickers who can kick! And under pressure! What a concept!!!

Aaron Rodgers and GOAT will never go in the same sentence again.

One thing was reminiscent of the Jets, Green Bay's special teams.

Funny thing, but watching teams in the playoffs against Brady reminds me of golfers going up against Tiger Woods in his prime. They know he's going to be coming and just pre-fold. The 27-3 score was a true reflection of how much better the Rams are than the hobbled Bucs, yet the Brady spectre almost got them.

Allen and Mahomes are literally unstoppable. Out of the young guys, only Herbert may be able to compete with them on their terms, and he can only throw like them, he can't run like them.
    Burrow will have to go at them as more of a Brady-Rodgers type. I actually thought it was over with 13 seconds left. What was I thinking? Mahomes couldn't do it alone, however. Tyreke Hill looks like the creature in the old star trek episode that is running at a different time clock than everyone else. Kelce didn't hurt either. Meanwhile, give the Jets thirteen minutes and they still won't get it done. Definitely have a long way to go.

Hill is a friggin video game. He is such a special player.

Mcdermott totally screwed that game. They played this last 13 seconds, not to lose. Make them return it and use 3-4 seconds. Drop 8 and double hill and Kelsey Hell, drop 9 and have one guy spy Mahomes.

The Rams are so much better than the Bucs. You are spot on with the specter comment. I am just glad they didn't see the ghost on that last drive.

Ignorance is bliss

I was rooting for Brady

Mcdermott totally screwed that game. They played this last 13 seconds, not to lose. Make them return it and use 3-4 seconds. Drop 8 and double hill and Kelsey Hell, drop 9 and have one guy spy Mahomes.

The Rams are so much better than the Bucs. You are spot on with the specter comment. I am just glad they didn't see the ghost on that last drive.
    I was rooting for Brady. It would have been an amazing comeback and added to his legend. As it was, it added to the legend anyway, because nobody else is coming back from 27-3 down. I can't say I was expecting it, but I wasn't surprised.

I see your point about McDermott. I was caught off guard as well, but then I'm not the coach. I didn't see how they could do it in 13 seconds, and then I saw.

I was rooting for Brady. It would have been an amazing comeback and added to his legend. As it was, it added to the legend anyway, because nobody else is coming back from 27-3 down. I can't say I was expecting it, but I wasn't surprised.

I see your point about McDermott. I was caught off guard as well, but then I'm not the coach. I didn't see how they could do it in 13 seconds, and then I saw.
    3 reasons they could do it in 13 seconds. Mahomes, Hill, Kelsey. Lol. That's it. Hill's catch was huge. A 20 yard gain in 4 seconds . The Bills looked complacent and lost.

My brother in law said it was over and all I could think was, Mahomes, Hill, Kelsey. It ain't over till she's sings. They need 40 yards in 2 plays to have a shot.

Ignorance is bliss

My wife said “why the hell do we watch the Jets, they’re so boring”
    That was crazy, I actually felt like it was scripted it was so insane

You can't actually make a team return a kickoff.

If you squib kick, you run the risk of having a player down the ball ahead of the 25ys line AND even worse, you run the risk of the ball going out of bounds.

Remember, if you squib kick and a hands team member falls on the ball, giving himself up, no time runs from the clock.

I had no problem with the kickoff, however they should have sat in a soft cover 3 and flooded the field with DBs.
    That was bad defensive playcalling with :13 secs left
    -------‐--------------------------------------------
    Now for those of you that have claimed Zach Wilson is no doubt the answer at QB for the Jets, I ask you this:
    Brady, Mahomes, even Josh Allen and Joe Burrow proved this weekend what the 'it' factor is all about.

My question is: To win in the AFC (which is loaded with young gun QBs), you have to have 'it'.
    What have you seen from Zach Wilson this year to believe he has 'it' going forward?

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    You can't actually make a team return a kickoff.

If you squib kick, you run the risk of having a player down the ball ahead of the 25ys line AND even worse, you run the risk of the ball going out of bounds.

Remember, if you squib kick and a hands team member falls on the ball, giving himself up, no time runs from the clock.

I had no problem with the kickoff, however they should have sat in a soft cover 3 and flooded the field with DBs.
    That was bad defensive playcalling with :13 secs left
    -------‐--------------------------------------------
    Now for those of you that have claimed Zach Wilson is no doubt the answer at QB for the Jets, I ask you this:
    Brady, Mahomes, even Josh Allen and Joe Burrow proved this weekend what the 'it' factor is all about.

My question is: To win in the AFC (which is loaded with young gun QBs), you have to have 'it'.
    What have you seen from Zach Wilson this year to believe he has 'it' going forward?
    My question is: How many players on this list have the 'it' factor and how many still have a chance to have the 'it' factor?

Why single out Wilson when there are a zillion NFL QB's who don't currently have your 'it' factor?

And, while you're at it, how many of those that don't have it, have a chance at having it (if you're honest with yourself, you know Wilson is one of those)?

Weird post. Why don't you just try enjoying the playoffs without trying to shoehorn your hating into them?

Stars
    00 Andrew Luck Indianapolis Colts -->
    01 Aaron Rodgers Green Bay -->
    02 Patrick Mahomes Kansas City Chiefs
    03 Tom Brady Tampa Bay Bucs
    04 Josh Allen Buffalo Bills
    05 Joe Burrow Cincinnati Bengals
    06 Justin Herbert LA Chargers
    07 DeShawn Watson Houston Texans -->
    08 Russell Wilson Seattle Seahawks-->

Serviceable
    09 Matthew Stafford LA Rams
    10 Derek Carr Las Vegas Raiders
    11 Dak Prescott Dallas Cowboys
    12 Ryan Tannehill Tennessee Titans
    13 Lamar Jackson Baltimore Ravens
    14 Kyler Murray Arizona Cardinals
    15 Pat Ryan Atlanta Falcons
    16 Kirk Cousins Minnesota Vikings
    17 Jimmy Garoppolo San Francisco 49ers
    18 Carson Wentz Indianapolis Colts
    19 Jameis Winston New Orleans Saints
    20 Baker Mayfield Cleveland Browns

Prospects
    21 Trevor Lawrence Jacksonville Jaguars
    22 Zach Wilson New York Jets
    23 Mac Jones New England Patriots
    24 Justin Fields Chicago Bears
    25 Davis Mills Houston Texans
    26 Trey Lance San Francisco 49ers 2

Suspects
    27 Jared Goff *Detroit Lions
    28 Ryan Fitzpatrick Washington
    29 Tua Tagailavoa *Miami Dolphins
    30 Daniel Jones *New York Giants
    31 Tyrod Taylor Miami Dolphins 2
    32 Teddy Bridgewater *Denver Broncos
    33 Case Keenum Cleveland Browns 2
    34 Tyler Huntley Baltimore Ravens 2
    35 Gardner Minshew *Philadelphia Eagles
    36 Taylor Heinicke Washington 2
    37 Sam Darnold *Carolina Panthers
    38 Jalen Hurts Philadelphia Eagles 2
    39 Taysom Hill New Orleans Saints 2
    40 Colt McCoy Arizona Cardinals 2
    41 Joe Flacco New York Jets 2
    42 Marcus Mariotta Las Vegas Raiders 2
    43 Mitch Trubisky Buffalo Bills 2
    44 Cam Newton Carolina Panthers
    45 Nick Foles Chicago Bears
    46 Andy Dalton Chicago Bears
    47 Jordan Love Green Bay 2
    48 Cooper Rush Dallas Cowboys 2
    49 Drew Lock Denver Broncos 2
    50 Dwayne Haskins *Pittsburgh Steelers

* Needs a QB - Does not have a star, a serviceable or a prospect QB

Why single out Wilson when there are a zillion NFL QB's who don't currently have your 'it' factor?
    Does your hate dwindle your common sense.

Why single out Wilson?
    Because he's the starting QB of this forum's team.
    DUH!
    Last edited by MrX27; 01-25-2022 at 05:10 AM.