Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 87 of 93 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1386

Thread: Jets talk

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by LVC View Post
    https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/sta...167317506?s=20

Is douglas an idiot or just being stubborn because he's afraid he'll make the same mistake he did with Anderson? If they're not going to play mims and they're actually turning down trade inquiries, then wtf is he doing? This doesn't make any sense.
    It's possible he really likes Mims and thinks he will be a part of the team and in an important role.

Something else I thought about regarding Mims. He lost 20 pounds from 2 weeks of food poisoning. A few posters commented on this along with me, that's a long, long time to be that sick. 20 pounds is a ton of weight to lose.
    Maybe there was more to that story. Maybe he came in out of shape? Maybe he was sicker than they let on? I obviously have no idea but that seemed to be the start of all of the

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    “We did not play well up front yesterday,” guard Greg Van Roten said Monday. “I think everybody’s pretty frustrated just based on how we felt we should of performed based on our training camp and preseason. Definitely, we’re well short of where we want to be and what our standard is as an offensive line.”

I love this. I don't remember guys being this honest and accountable last year. No comment doubt learning the scheme, understanding the assignments... We played badly.

Accountability is refreshing. I also like Saleh's comments regarding it's everyone's job to protect the QB , including the coaches and himself and they all failed
    They've been failing at this for a while. And with Several different QB's.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    There is a such thing called player development.

Not all players that are drafted shine right away.
    Yeah, but if you're getting trade inquiries, why waste all the time trying and hoping to develop him when you can use the trade pieces and get some oline help or something? Like what could he realistically turn into? WRs are a dime a dozen.
    Last edited by LVC; 09-26-2021 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    They've been failing at this for a while. And with Several different QB's.
    It's a question of QB choices. Maybe it's the QB at this point? I don't know. It's weird as hell.

Ignorance is bliss

Yeah, but if you're getting trade inquiries, why waste all the time trying and hoping to develop him when you can use the trade pieces and get some oline help or something? Like what could he realistically turn into? WRs are a dime a dozen.
    If WRs are a dime a dozen, then shouldn't every team have at least 3 or 4 viable WRs.
    And no team would be in need of Mims.

The Jets should hold onto Mims and continue to get him in position to produce on the field.

I believe they should play him, even if they don't start him.
    He doesn't really need to know all 3 WR positions because he's a wideout, not a slot WR.

And playing him a wideout puts Moore back in the slot where he belongs.

But Mims has to do his part too and put in the effort.

If WRs are a dime a dozen, then shouldn't every team have at least 3 or 4 viable WRs.

The Jets should hold onto Mims and continue to get him in position to produce on the field.

He doesn't really need to know all 3 WR positions because he's a wideout, not a slot WR.

Yes. Plus, he couldn't do worse than the other receivers have shown to date.

What the Jets truly need is a big receiver with Sticky hands that won't drop the passes.

In some good news, the Seahawks lost and have a 1-2 record.

Its time to fire Joe Douglas. I understand they are in the midst of rebuilding but this team isn't even competitive. This was a bad roster from the minute he walked in here and its gotten progressively worse to the point where I'd be surprised they win a game this year.

Somewhere in a Michigan high school Adam Gase is laughing btw.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-27-2021 at 10:53 AM.

SEA 1-2 now. How great would it be for them to miss the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Its time to fire Joe Douglas. I understand they are in the midst of rebuilding but this team isn't even competitive. This was a bad roster from the minute he walked in here and its gotten progressively worse to the point where I'd be surprised they win a game this year.

Somewhere in a Michigan high school Adam Gase is laughing btw.
    Want? He's had 2 drafts and been in the job for how long and you want him gone? He was handed a coach in Gase who wanted a specific type of player, so in his first draft, he leaned toward that.
    Now he has a coach he had some choice in and has had one draft with that coach.

Douglas should be given another draft and at least half of that season.

The defense looks decent and they play hard. They are super young and made mistakes yesterday.

I hated Gase and wanted him gone after 5 or 6 games last year but that was his second season.
    How about giving this group because that's what people don't seem to get, it's a brand new group. While Joe has been there for just over 2 years, one of which he had no influence on the draft and FA was pretty much done by the time he signed.

He is working with a new HC who clearly has a different philosophy and mentality than Gase and his crew.. This is a new group. As a group, there have been 3 games. Those 3 games, the team looked bad except the second half of the Panthers game. But, it's the youngest team in the league, so I think because this is a brand new group, 3 games into their first season together, with the youngest team in the league, with a rookie HC, a rookie OC, a rookie DC and a rookie QB, we cut them some slack.

I don't understand what people expect from a full rebuild. They came out and said, it won't be pretty. It isn't and it won't be. Do I see guys playing hard? Yes. That's more than I can say for Gase.

As the season progresses, should we expect to see improvements in both team and personal play?
    100% Yes.

Look, I am not confident in Wilson but I know he will take a couple seasons to be what he is. The same holds true for this entire team. They need two full seasons before we come to conclusions about firing people.

It is very possible that this team is not going to be a winning team until 2024. That is a rebuild.

Fans always say, we want a rebuild. Well, we have one. This year sets the foundation. It's slow. It's methodical and it sucks to watch.

Ignorance is bliss

I have no unrealistic illusions about this team. i just want to see them improve as the year progresses. At the beginning of the year, I was optimistically believing that they'll go 6-11. Now, it's proving out that they might not even be that good. Off the top of my head, they have games against the Falcons, Jaguars and Eagles, which are all winnable. Perhaps Zach and Company will look excellent in those games.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Want? He's had 2 drafts and been in the job for how long and you want him gone? He was handed a coach in Gase who wanted a specific type of player, so in his first draft, he leaned toward that.
    Now he has a coach he had some choice in and has had one draft with that coach.

Douglas should be given another draft and at least half of that season.

The defense looks decent and they play hard. They are super young and made mistakes yesterday.

I hated Gase and wanted him gone after 5 or 6 games last year but that was his second season.
    How about giving this group because that's what people don't seem to get, it's a brand new group. While Joe has been there for just over 2 years, one of which he had no influence on the draft and FA was pretty much done by the time he signed.

He is working with a new HC who clearly has a different philosophy and mentality than Gase and his crew.. This is a new group. As a group, there have been 3 games. Those 3 games, the team looked bad except the second half of the Panthers game. But, it's the youngest team in the league, so I think because this is a brand new group, 3 games into their first season together, with the youngest team in the league, with a rookie HC, a rookie OC, a rookie DC and a rookie QB, we cut them some slack.

I don't understand what people expect from a full rebuild. They came out and said, it won't be pretty. It isn't and it won't be. Do I see guys playing hard? Yes. That's more than I can say for Gase.

As the season progresses, should we expect to see improvements in both team and personal play?
    100% Yes.

Look, I am not confident in Wilson but I know he will take a couple seasons to be what he is. The same holds true for this entire team. They need two full seasons before we come to conclusions about firing people.

It is very possible that this team is not going to be a winning team until 2024. That is a rebuild.

Fans always say, we want a rebuild. Well, we have one. This year sets the foundation. It's slow. It's methodical and it sucks to watch.
    Douglas is an idiot and should 100% be on the hot seat and/or fired after this season. How in the world did he think he could surround his rookie franchise QB with a rookie HC, rookie OC, rookie QB coach and not bring in a ****ing veteran backup? Also thinking fant, roten and mcgovern are good enough to protect him?

His 2020 draft is a disaster and his FA signings are just as bad if not worse. His big signing of lawson who had 2 major leg injuries prior is already out for the season (no surprise there). He should've been more aggressive with the offers and brought in actual talent. His 2021 draft is still tbd but it's not looking too hot either. The guy just seems way over his head and there aren't really any signs that things could turn around anytime soon. Even a rebuild team would show flashes...I don't see it at all.

I would take any WR group from any other team than ours right now. Look at the box scores. Teams are putting up points and the Jets are not. Jets are second in the league in total drops and 1st in the league in drops per target. 11.2% of Wilsons targets have been dropped. And it's not like Mims is some generational talent that just needs coaching and also, when in the world have the Jets shown they are capable of developing any player? They haven't and can't. So if they're getting actual offers for Mims, then they should take it if they're not gonna play him. Mims can't be as bad as what they're already fielding out there and if he is (which is what it sounds like and means that he is pretty ****ing bad)...then wtf is this team doing by keeping him on the roster?

I would take any WR group from any other team than ours right now. Look at the box scores. Teams are putting up points and the Jets are not. Jets are second in the league in total drops and 1st in the league in drops per target. 11.2% of Wilsons targets have been dropped. And it's not like Mims is some generational talent that just needs coaching and also, when in the world have the Jets shown they are capable of developing any player? They haven't and can't. So if they're getting actual offers for Mims, then they should take it if they're not gonna play him. Mims can't be as bad as what they're already fielding out there and if he is (which is what it sounds like and means that he is pretty ****ing bad)...then wtf is this team doing by keeping him on the roster?
    So letting Robby walk was a good move too, huh?

So letting Robby walk was a good move too, huh?
    They weren't even utilizing him properly. They just thought he was a 1 trick pony, which proves my exact point. They don't know wtf they're doing or how to get the best out of their players. Keeping Robby wouldn't have done anything different. And I already made this statement asking if it's Douglas being stubborn bc he ****ed up with Robby to which you then replied to me. Also, you should ask fantasy owners how they're liking their Robby pick right now because they're definitely not too happy with his current production.

Page 87 of 93 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast