Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 96 of 108 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1606

Thread: Jets talk

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I know Flacco isn't popular and people suggested Cam but Cam is not a QB you can put into a system and it will just work. He's not that type of QB. Flacco has won a title. He's. still got a very good arm. He's vanilla as hell but because of that, he can fit and they won't have to change the offense. I think he's a better mento than Cam. I love Cam but based on the hits he took alone, he's not the right model for a young QB to follow

Flacco fits the situation and when Zack is ready to roll, he will be a valuable resource on the sidelines for the young QB.
    The only issue I have is, why wasn't it done in May?

Ignorance is bliss

I still want to see white out there, with actual practice with the starters I think he can be decent out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

I'm OK with the Flacco move for a 6th. I'm even better with Seattle losing again last night.

This team is such a ****ing embarrassment. Why have JJ on the roster if you prefer Flacco. Why not have Flacco from the start? Why are we buyers? We should be sellers.

We should trade anyone that isn’t long term and cheap. You got some desperate win now teams like the Chiefs who need upgrades. We should be trading Maye and Crowder ASAP.

I would also personally bench Wilson for the rest of the season. He isn’t ready, the coaching is not ready, our run game is not ready. We will get his kid killed mentally, physically or maybe both if we continue this.

It’s time we try something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic387 View Post
    This team is such a ****ing embarrassment. Why have JJ on the roster if you prefer Flacco. Why not have Flacco from the start? Why are we buyers? We should be sellers.

We should trade anyone that isn’t long term and cheap. You got some desperate win now teams like the Chiefs who need upgrades. We should be trading Maye and Crowder ASAP.

I would also personally bench Wilson for the rest of the season. He isn’t ready, the coaching is not ready, our run game is not ready. We will get his kid killed mentally, physically or maybe both if we continue this.

It’s time we try something different.
    It amazes me that we all believe that we need a veteran QB to help in Zach's development and then we go out and get one and fans still complain. So, when Zach comes back, it's important. Also, if Zach doesn't come back as quickly, it's also helps the line and receivers also develop. The receivers especially need to stop dropping balls.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    It amazes me that we all believe that we need a veteran QB to help in Zach's development and then we go out and get one and fans still complain. So, when Zach comes back, it's important. Also, if Zach doesn't come back as quickly, it's also helps the line and receivers also develop. The receivers especially need to stop dropping balls.
    Getting the veteran AFTER Zach gets injured doesn't do much for development.

Zach currently isn't even capable of carrying the clipboard on the sidelines.

Point is, name me a top QB or young rising QB that didn't have a veteran presence on the gameday roster?

I love how the NY papers write articles praising Douglas for being honest about needing time to build a culture.
    2 drafts into the process... Douglas can't keep getting a pass on a failing jets tenure.

It's ludicrous. Give the dude 3 drafts. Give the coaching staff more than 6 games.

Holy ****. Again, everyone was all in on the rebuild. We are patient. As long as we know it's a rebuild...

It's like people buy land to build a house and then hire a contractor who gives them a timeline and get pissed when they go to the house after a week and see rebar in the ground. Then come back a week later and see a slab poured and get so pissed they yell at the contractor who explains timeline and what needs to be done to build a solid house.
    Come back a week later and the foundation is done but the owner isn't happy so he fires the contractor and changes architect. He meets with them, gets new plans that involve breaking the foundation up to re-lay it.
    Repeat the exact process.

You can't build anything without a foundation. How do you know if your foundation is any good until a storm hits.? You don't

It's a storm right now

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I know Flacco isn't popular and people suggested Cam but Cam is not a QB you can put into a system and it will just work. He's not that type of QB. Flacco has won a title. He's. still got a very good arm. He's vanilla as hell but because of that, he can fit and they won't have to change the offense. I think he's a better mento than Cam. I love Cam but based on the hits he took alone, he's not the right model for a young QB to follow

Flacco fits the situation and when Zack is ready to roll, he will be a valuable resource on the sidelines for the young QB.
    The only issue I have is, why wasn't it done in May?
    My guess is "to avoid distraction and make it known that this is Zack's team"

Ignorance is bliss

I love how the NY papers write articles praising Douglas for being honest about needing time to build a culture.
    2 drafts into the process... Douglas can't keep getting a pass on a failing jets tenure.

It's ludicrous. Give the dude 3 drafts. Give the coaching staff more than 6 games.

Holy ****. Again, everyone was all in on the rebuild. We are patient. As long as we know it's a rebuild...

It's like people buy land to build a house and then hire a contractor who gives them a timeline and get pissed when they go to the house after a week and see rebar in the ground. Then come back a week later and see a slab poured and get so pissed they yell at the contractor who explains timeline and what needs to be done to build a solid house.
    Come back a week later and the foundation is done but the owner isn't happy so he fires the contractor and changes architect. He meets with them, gets new plans that involve breaking the foundation up to re-lay it.

You can't build anything without a foundation. How do you know if your foundation is any good until a storm hits.? You don't

It's a storm right now
    I can’t even read or listen to this trash anymore. Stephen A Smith is the worst thing to happen to “reporting”. I feel he was at the forefront of yelling about everything regardless of reality. SNY has taken it to new levels of stupid, I’m glad Schein and that fat guy are gone, they were unbearable…but JJ, Sal, and Malusis aren’t much better…yell yell yell Jets, yell yell yell Mets, yell yell yell Boone, yell yell yell Edwin Diaz, yell yell yell Dolan

It's a storm right now
    The Jets built their house on sand and now they realize a new tactic is called for.

A vet QB should have been starting from the beginning, eventually transitioning into Zach becoming the starting QB.
    Knoll or not, having a roster without a vet QB was a horrible call.

Jets currently with 2 top 10 picks.

My only critique of JD so far is that he’s heavily invested FA and draft capital in the o-line over the past 2 years, and the line is still a liability. Everything else is a work in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    The Jets built their house on sand and now they realize a new tactic is called for.

A vet QB should have been starting from the beginning, eventually transitioning into Zach becoming the starting QB.
    Knoll or not, having a roster without a vet QB was a horrible call.
    100% to the bolded.

Aside from that, I don't think we know what this team is built on yet. It may end up being sand but I just wish the media that rips the Jets fans for no patience would STFU and give these guys more than 6 games with a Rookie HC, OC, DC and QB

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    My only critique of JD so far is that he’s heavily invested FA and draft capital in the o-line over the past 2 years, and the line is still a liability. Everything else is a work in progress.
    I think the OL is also a work in progress. They lost Becton and that was huge. They haven't looked great by any means but I am hoping it has to do with a new system, a bunch of new parts and not with talent.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Jets currently with 2 top 10 picks.
    Giggity

Ignorance is bliss

Page 96 of 108 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast