Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast

Thread: Jets talk

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Damn, imagine if the Seahawks trade Wilson and end up stinking?
    Ha, trade him to the Jets and they go 2-14

Did anyone read the trade Peter king suggested would get it done?
    Sam, Q and a bunch of picks. This is what I mean by people getting nutty. King did go on to say he didn't think Douglas would ever do it but the sheer madness of some trade ideas that are floated is F'd.

I also don't think trading Q would sit well with Saleh. I suspect the idea of Q anchoring a D-line, had at least a touch of influence in his choosing the Jets
    I saw the headline, didnít both clicking as I donít want to promote trash

Quote Originally Posted by afmanic View Post
    If it happens like you said it would be before free agency. You would need it done so that you can attract free agents knowing Watson is the new QB.
    Houston is the one calling the shots. I assume no FA wants to go there (with Watson they have no money, without Watson itís a tear down and rebuild), therefore Houston trading him before FA begins is highly unlikely.

If it happens, my guess is around draft day

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Houston is the one calling the shots. I assume no FA wants to go there (with Watson they have no money, without Watson itís a tear down and rebuild), therefore Houston trading him before FA begins is highly unlikely.

If it happens, my guess is around draft day
    I think that plays to the Jets favor. If they add pieces on the offensive side to make them noticeably better, they make things more appealing for Watson and reduce the need for him so they can set a price and hold tight.
    If the Jets don't get anything done in FA? I highly doubt we see Watson in a Jets uniform.

It' crazy that the Texans are so bad and have only 5-7 mil in cap space.

Ignorance is bliss

I think that plays to the Jets favor. If they add pieces on the offensive side to make them noticeably better, they make things more appealing for Watson and reduce the need for him so they can set a price and hold tight.
    If the Jets don't get anything done in FA? I highly doubt we see Watson in a Jets uniform.

It' crazy that the Texans are so bad and have only 5-7 mil in cap space.
    Not so sure if it does, only because with Watson FAs would want to come play with him, without Watson some FAs may not wait to see how it plays out and sign elsewhere.

Also I've read, the Jets are going to be doing their due diligence on all the QBs, so they are going to eval the QBs at the pro days and combines first before making any decisions.

So it may be awhile and closer to the draft before anything gets done.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Not so sure if it does, only because with Watson FAs would want to come play with him, without Watson some FAs may not wait to see how it plays out and sign elsewhere.

Also I've read, the Jets are going to be doing their due diligence on all the QBs, so they are going to eval the QBs at the pro days and combines first before making any decisions.

So it may be awhile and closer to the draft before anything gets done.
    Fair point.

I do love how much time they are investing in this process. It seems a very different scenario than is was in Sam's draft. I know they really vetted guys but it seems different right now, I feel it's less desperate.
    They have a young QB who almost every report I've read having interviewed many different coaches, scouts, analysts...has tremendous upside.
    They have a benchmark that a draft pick needs to surpass and they didn't have that in 2018. They just needed a young QB.

Ignorance is bliss

All I can say is we went 2-14 and still this is the most exciting offseason we've had in what seems like forever.

Somebody needs to make us an offer we can't refuse for Darnold and really get things percolating.

How about this trade: Sam Darnold to Washington for #19 and a swap of 2nd round picks ( they get #34 and we get #51) and maybe we swap another lower round, as well. Washington gets a young QB, which they desperately need and improves their draft board after 1st round, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Somebody needs to make us an offer we can't refuse for Darnold and really get things percolating.

How about this trade: Sam Darnold to Washington for #19 and a swap of 2nd round picks ( they get #34 and we get #51) and maybe we swap another lower round, as well. Washington gets a young QB, which they desperately need and improves their draft board after 1st round, as well.
    Sounds good to me !

All I can say is we went 2-14 and still this is the most exciting offseason we've had in what seems like forever.
    You are right. This IS very exciting. But I wish it was a little less exciting in that we could've simply not won any games and sit and wait to hear the commissioner say "With The First Pick In The 2021 NFL Draft, The NY Jets Select QB Trevor Lawrence".

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    You are right. This IS very exciting. But I wish it was a little less exciting in that we could've simply not won any games and sit and wait to hear the commissioner say "With The First Pick In The 2021 NFL Draft, The NY Jets Select QB Trevor Lawrence".
    Ha, this!

The Texans have dismissed assistant pro personnel director C.J. Leak along with area scout Ryan Cavanaugh and pro scout Steven Price, according to league sources not authorized to speak publicly. Leak was hired by the Texans in 2018 by former general manager Brian Gaine.

I find it interesting that the Texans new general manager, who Watson was upset about the team hiring, would fire their personnel director, C J Leak, who was hired by their former GM and who is black and a former QB, when they are supposedly trying to convince Watson, a black QB, who is also sensitive about them not interviewing a Black Head Coach that he liked, to give them a chance. WTF are they doing!!! Either they are completely oblivious or have already resigned themselves to the idea that Watson will be traded.

See how Darnold does in this new system, Sewell at #2, DB with #23 or trade back up for a WR (Chase or D. Smith), sign one of A.Rob, Godwin or Juju (last one seems most likely with Sam's USC connection and the others wanting to go to current contenders). I think that would be a solid offseason.

The Texans have dismissed assistant pro personnel director C.J. Leak along with area scout Ryan Cavanaugh and pro scout Steven Price, according to league sources not authorized to speak publicly. Leak was hired by the Texans in 2018 by former general manager Brian Gaine.

I find it interesting that the Texans new general manager, who Watson was upset about the team hiring, would fire their personnel director, C J Leak, who was hired by their former GM and who is black and a former QB, when they are supposedly trying to convince Watson, a black QB, who is also sensitive about them not interviewing a Black Head Coach that he liked, to give them a chance. WTF are they doing!!! Either they are completely oblivious or have already resigned themselves to the idea that Watson will be traded.
    You have to wonder if they are trying to prove a point. They are in control and if he wants to sit for no pay, he can but he is their player and they will call the shots, not him.

Ignorance is bliss

You have to wonder if they are trying to prove a point. They are in control and if he wants to sit for no pay, he can but he is their player and they will call the shots, not him.
    And to some degree they are right. They pay him an absurd amount of money to play...not to pick the coaching staff or executives in the organization.

Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast