Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 LastLast

Thread: Jets talk

Heard an interesting rumor.
    *not my one of my sources but I found it interesting that it was being reported by 2 different people*

The Jets made an "offer" for Watson consisting of:
    3 1st round picks, believed to be both 1sts this year and 1 next year.
    A 3rd rounder this year.
    And a defensive player, not Quinnen.

Both people said that Houston did not turn the Jets away and talks are ongoing.

If this trade happens it would leave the Jets with at least 1 pick in every round but the 1st this year, and still have a pick in every round next year.

My guess is the defensive player is Bryce Hall.
    Young, cheap (houston is in cap trouble) and starter quality.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I think that is too much. Take off Seattle's pick this year and it's a good deal

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I think that is too much. Take off Seattle's pick this year and it's a good deal
    Disagree...think its light..I run and make that deal..leaves plenty ammo for Joe D to do work..they demand Q over Hall.. or another 1st..thats when you start to cringe..

Jets will also recoup a 2nd for Darnold..

If you ate holding firm on that offer..I feel he will be a dolphin..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    *not my one of my sources but I found it interesting that it was being reported by 2 different people*

A 3rd rounder this year.

If this trade happens it would leave the Jets with at least 1 pick in every round but the 1st this year, and still have a pick in every round next year.

I値l help Houston out even more with their cap situation. We値l keep the #2 (big salary) and replace it with next year痴 first rounder

But based on the rumor you mentioned, if the #1 next year is Seattle痴, then I知 in. Equivalent of 4 first rounders a third and I知 betting Neville Hewitt is a lot but Watson is pretty good
    Last edited by Larry M; 02-22-2021 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I値l help Houston out even more with their cap situation. We値l keep the #2 (big salary) and replace it with next year痴 first rounder

But based on the rumor you mentioned, if the #1 next year is Seattle痴, then I知 in. Equivalent of 4 first rounders a third and I知 betting Neville Hewitt is a lot but Watson is pretty good
    I love this idea. Then trade the second pick this year, to recoup next years first!

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by GoMetsGo View Post
    Disagree...think its light..I run and make that deal..leaves plenty ammo for Joe D to do work..they demand Q over Hall.. or another 1st..thats when you start to cringe..

Jets will also recoup a 2nd for Darnold..

If you ate holding firm on that offer..I feel he will be a dolphin..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Fair point. I will wiggle a bit and I agree about Sam. I would love to give them both this years firsts and Sam along with a 3rd and a defensive player not named Q.
    If Sam would get a second, that would be them getting #2, #21 a second and third round pick along with a defensive player. That number 2 pick could be traded for a boatload of picks or the QB of the future and give him a chance to sit for a year.

Whatever happens, it's going to be fun

Ignorance is bliss

Damn, imagine if the Seahawks trade Wilson and end up stinking?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post

A 3rd rounder this year.

Wonder how long Houston waits to make a deal. Watson hasn't even returned any calls to the Houston organization.

Yeah, imagine if we trade for Watson and give them our 1st round pick next year and we keep Seattle's pick and it is earlier than the one we gave Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Yeah, imagine if we trade for Watson and give them our 1st round pick next year and we keep Seattle's pick and it is earlier than the one we gave Houston.

Ignorance is bliss

Did anyone read the trade Peter king suggested would get it done?
    Sam, Q and a bunch of picks. This is what I mean by people getting nutty. King did go on to say he didn't think Douglas would ever do it but the sheer madness of some trade ideas that are floated is F'd.

I also don't think trading Q would sit well with Saleh. I suspect the idea of Q anchoring a D-line, had at least a touch of influence in his choosing the Jets

Ignorance is bliss

That would be awesome, as long as we retain that pick.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Wonder how long Houston waits to make a deal. Watson hasn't even returned any calls to the Houston organization.
    All Watson wants to hear is that there is a trade available awaiting his approval.

Draft day trade at the latest, but I think this will happen right before FA begins.

Did anyone read the trade Peter king suggested would get it done?
    Sam, Q and a bunch of picks. This is what I mean by people getting nutty. King did go on to say he didn't think Douglas would ever do it but the sheer madness of some trade ideas that are floated is F'd.

I also don't think trading Q would sit well with Saleh. I suspect the idea of Q anchoring a D-line, had at least a touch of influence in his choosing the Jets
    Peter King needs people to read his crap. What the hell lets trade all our talent so Watson has nothing when we gets here.

I would hate to have him as a GM.

If it happens like you said it would be before free agency. You would need it done so that you can attract free agents knowing Watson is the new QB.

Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 LastLast