Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Jets talk

Sam is done here for the simple reason that if we get #1, we get to reset the rookie QB salary clock. In no way, shape or form has Sam shown us that he’s worth committing around $25MM to... and we have to make that decision by May. He’s gone. Best of luck and hopefully your next team doesn’t ruin you like we did.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    The real question was answered when you placed Lawrence above Darnold.
    It shows you value what he brings to the table more, so you see him as the better overall QB.

Now, if the most important position is considered to be QB in this passers league (with mobile QBs spread throughout), wouldn't it make sense to get the one you believe can produce the most consistent success?

And a decision like this may even be out of Joe D hands and come from Chris and Woody themselves.
    However, I do think they will allow Joe D to build the team his way, considering that he did have a moderately successful draft last year.
    Also keep in mind, GMs tend to like to draft "their" QB to imprint themselves on a team.
    I really hope Joe is allowed to do this. So far, his first draft looks very good.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    Anyone who would be willing to trade the number one pick this year is an absolute IDIOT. Period, end of discussion! You don't suffer through a year like this so you can trade back and take a WR like Chase at #5. Stop the stupidity! Some of you guys are as bad as this team.
    I respectfully disagree. Goff got 2 firsts, 2 seconds, 2 thirds. TL would get more.

I don't think it's a bad move. As I've said,. I think you draft him or you get a ton. of picks. It's a win win.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    People realize that Trevor Lawrence can run, right?

He’s the total package. He projects to be a better version of Justin Herbert. Let that sink in real quick.

You take him at #1 and everything becomes easier. We have a ton of high picks and cap space for FAs.
    Yes. He can run. Running against NFL talent is vastly different from from running in the ACC. Do you want him running that much?
    Consider this, you are using Justin Herbert as a comparison. No one saw Herbert coming. No one thought he'd be this good.
    My point is, we get fixated on a single player we believe to be the solution and miss everything else.

Everything also gets easier with a great Edge rusher or Center or lockdown CB or stud WR. Jets need all of those.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I respectfully disagree. Goff got 2 firsts, 2 seconds, 2 thirds. TL would get more.

I don't think it's a bad move. As I've said,. I think you draft him or you get a ton. of picks. It's a win win.
    I agree it is win win. While I am staring to worry about Sam a little more now I do think he will be another Tannehill. While it has been tough I have seen him make plays that bad QBs don’t just luck into.

TL may be the truth but the reason it is a “passing league” is cause everything is suited to help the offense. So you don’t need the top QB in the game, you need the best offense. We need a great O-line and a couple of weapons with decent talent around it. The best way to secure that is trading the #1 overall pick.

If we keep it and draft TL that is fine. That can work. But as stated before other teams with great young QBs are still struggling. Mahomes is great but the talent around him is amazing. Pat makes that great team elite, but you can put a number of QBs in that spot and not lose a huge amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

Kinky, we already have draft capital to go along with cap space. We simply cannot pass on Lawrence with the #1. Anyone who followed my previous posts knows how much the Sam Darnold pick meant to me, but there are now serious doubts about him. For me it is all the time missed in three years due to injury (not even counting his ridiculous bout with mono). It's time for both parties to move on. In retrospect, the "seeing ghosts out there" comment was Darnold's undoing. A stud player doesn't crap his pants like that on Monday Night Football. I wish Sam well, but I hope we are in the position to start fresh with TL and a new coach. No getting cute by trading out of #1 in a year when you have a stud QB prospect staring yo right in the face!
    Your Worst Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    Kinky, we already have draft capital to go along with cap space. We simply cannot pass on Lawrence with the #1. Anyone who followed my previous posts knows how much the Sam Darnold pick meant to me, but there are now serious doubts about him. For me it is all the time missed in three years due to injury (not even counting his ridiculous bout with mono). It's time for both parties to move on. In retrospect, the "seeing ghosts out there" comment was Darnold's undoing. A stud player doesn't crap his pants like that on Monday Night Football. I wish Sam well, but I hope we are in the position to start fresh with TL and a new coach. No getting cute by trading out of #1 in a year when you have a stud QB prospect staring yo right in the face!
    I wasn't thinking in Sam's interest until I saw a few posts including yours. I get what you are all saying. It's better for all parties at this point to call it a wrap and start anew. Give Sam a chance elsewhere and draft the FQB at 1 and not only get the guy but reset the rookie contract which will save the team money for the first 4 years.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    I agree it is win win. While I am staring to worry about Sam a little more now I do think he will be another Tannehill. While it has been tough I have seen him make plays that bad QBs don’t just luck into.

TL may be the truth but the reason it is a “passing league” is cause everything is suited to help the offense. So you don’t need the top QB in the game, you need the best offense. We need a great O-line and a couple of weapons with decent talent around it. The best way to secure that is trading the #1 overall pick.

If we keep it and draft TL that is fine. That can work. But as stated before other teams with great young QBs are still struggling. Mahomes is great but the talent around him is amazing. Pat makes that great team elite, but you can put a number of QBs in that spot and not lose a huge amount.
    Kansas City doesn't win the Super Bowl without their QB being Mahomes.

Also, Kansas City traded up to secure Mahomes even though they had Alex Smith (a decent QB) on the roster.
    They made sure they had the most talented QB they could get.
    Last edited by MrX27; Today at 01:43 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678