Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: Jets talk

Quote Originally Posted by SINATRACITY View Post
    the jets should trade for kareem hunt.. a 4th and swap 6th rounder or sign free agent fournette of his rookie deal.
    i wonder if Lawrence drops to 2 would the jets draft him.. i think i know the answer,
    the jets new offense will benefit from a tight end you cant have just herndon, pitts would be insurance and ideal at 6'6, that would make drafting a wr not necessary with free agents at the position available. yes db's are a need draft one . its easier to get a free agent linebacker that does not get drafted. with a few d lineman for depth . none of these move would do to much damage to the cap space. adding d watson would be cool but if the jets can give up a 1st rounder for the next 3 years would be ideal. then trading darnold for a pair of 3's would be a steal.. what do i know. the offense will rely on play action coach said the run will set up everything else, with a 4-3 defense skys the limit
    If I'm reading this correctly, you want to draft Pitts as insurance for Herndon at TE, and trade Sam Darnold for a pair of 3rd rounders.

Who's the QB?
    Last edited by MrX27; Yesterday at 07:22 PM.

Jets talk

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Giving up 31 ppg means nothing against the defense, if the offense can't stay on the field.

How many 3 and outs by the offense?
    How many turnovers by the offense?
    How many points did the offense score to keep the defense in the game and off the field?

Hall didn't seem to be better late, he was.

Prioritizing CB is a waste right now.
    Doesn't matter if you draft a CB in 1st 3 rounds, if you draft the right one.

Milliner was a day 1 draft pick, Richard Sherman was a 5th rounder.
    Who is the better CB?
    All Iím saying is that we should invest some valued resources into the CB position. Over the last several years, we havenít. We may stumble on some diamonds in the rough (I like Hall) but that shouldnít be what we rely on. If we donít bring in a quality FA outside corner, at least take one somewhere in the first 3 rounds, preferably on Day 2.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; Yesterday at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    All Iím saying is that we should invest some valued resources into the CB position. Over the last several years, we havenít. We may stumble on some diamonds in the rough (I like Hall) but that shouldnít be what we rely on. If we donít bring in a quality FA outside corner, at least take one somewhere in the first 3 rounds, preferably on Day 2.
    All I'm saying is let's see how the young CBs we have now develop.
    There are more pressing needs than CB that need to be addressed first.

If Hall and Austin play well with an upgraded passrush, then you roll with them into the future.
    If they struggle, then you prioritize CB next year.
    CB is fine for now and can wait.

Edge, Center, WR1, QB, TE, ST returner, kicker and even Safety are all positions that are not settled.
    Last edited by MrX27; Yesterday at 10:17 PM.

All I'm saying is let's see how the young CBs we have now develop.
    There are more pressing needs than CB that need to be addressed first.

If Hall and Austin play well with an upgraded passrush, then you rollv with them.
    If they struggle, then you prioritize CB next year.
    CB is fine for now and can wait.

Edge, Center, WR1, QB, TE, ST returner, kicker and even Safety are all positions that are not settled.
    McGovern is going to be back playing C again next year most likely. No way is ST returner is a bigger need than CB. I see Herndon being back with a new TE depth piece. Probably his last shot here. Safety is fine, weíll re-sign Maye and Ashtyn will get another look in Year 2. He showed some nice flashes as well.

McGovern is going to be back playing C again next year most likely. No way is ST returner is a bigger need than CB. I see Herndon being back with a new TE depth piece. Probably his last shot here. Safety is fine, weíll re-sign Maye and Ashtyn will get another look in Year 2. He showed some nice flashes as well.
    Mcgovern can easily be moved to Guard instead of Center.

ST returner is a bigger need than CB.

Herndon has been more inconsistent than just about any other starting TE in the league.
    Herndon should be the depth piece.

Why should Ashtyn get a chance to start and not Hall and Austin.
    Hall and Austin showed more flashes than Ashtyn did last year, so if you think Ashtyn should start, then that invalidates your argument against the young CBs.

Unfortunately for Ashtyn and Maye, neither are a real SS.
    The Jets need a SS.

Dallas expected to make a run at QB Matthew Stafford.

Dak is a FA and will hit the market if this happens.

Mcgovern can easily be moved to Guard instead of Center.

ST returner is a bigger need than CB.

Herndon has been more inconsistent than just about any other starting TE in the league.
    Herndon should be the depth piece.

Why should Ashtyn get a chance to start and not Hall and Austin.
    Hall and Austin showed more flashes than Ashtyn did last year, so if you think Ashtyn should start, then that invalidates your argument against the young CBs.

Unfortunately for Ashtyn and Maye, neither are a real SS.
    The Jets need a SS.
    Either way, C or G needs an upgrade. Herndon definitely has been, but we all know Herndon has a lot of talent and is still just 24. We already has an excellent S in Maye, so we can afford to go with Ashtyn in the other S spot. They should definitely bring a veteran to compete with him as depth.

Either way, C or G needs an upgrade. Herndon definitely has been, but we all know Herndon has a lot of talent and is still just 24. We already has an excellent S in Maye, so we can afford to go with Ashtyn in the other S spot. They should definitely bring a veteran to compete with him as depth.
    When Herndon's talent is on display for every game, then I'll be interested in him as a starter again.
    The guy is too inconsistent to rely on game in, game out, regarsless of talent.

If Njoku is available in a trade, the Jets should look into it.
    Also Brevin Jordan is likely a better, faster version of Herndon.
    Last edited by MrX27; Today at 12:24 AM.

When Herndon's talent is on display for every game, then I'll be interested in him as a starter again.
    The guy is too inconsistent to rely on game in, game out, regarsless of talent.

If Njoku is available in a trade, the Jets should look into it.
    Also Brevin Jordan is likely a better, faster version of Herndon.
    Itís definitely a need, I just think CB1 is a bigger one.

Itís definitely a need, I just think CB1 is a bigger one.
    I'm not interested in the Jets wasting resources on minor needs like CB right now.

Plus, as you said, if Ashtyn had 1 or 2 flashes and you want to start him, then you can't say anything about Hall and Austin starting because they performed better than Ashtyn did.

Jets talk

I'm not interested in the Jets wasting resources on minor needs like CB right now.

Plus, as you said, if Ashtyn had 1 or 2 flashes and you want to start him, then you can't say anything about Hall and Austin starting because they performed better than Ashtyn did.
    Austin did not, and he was not a rookie. Davis showed more than 1 or 2 flashes. The Jets wonít go into next season with Hall and Austin on the outside so Iím not worried.

Austin did not, and he was not a rookie. Davis showed more than 1 or 2 flashes. The Jets wonít go into next season with Hall and Austin on the outside so Iím not worried.
    Austin and Davis are the same age, and Austin is clearly more developed.

Austin was better than Davis as a DB and he'd probably be a better Safety than him too.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    I get what you're saying, but QW and Mekhi were top end draft picks. The hope is we'd be able to win a minimum of 8-10 games in Watson's first season. The #2 is obviously very valuable, but at the same time it'd likely be a QB that will certainly not be a sure thing and could end up being a wasted pick like our several other early QB picks. Then next year you figure the SEA pick and our pick would be in the second half of round 1. Certainly not another top 5 with Watson here and all the cap room we have.

But still, by including the #2, I think we can get a deal done with only 2 firsts and Sam, assuming they'd want Sam, especially since Watson has a no trade clause. If he says he wants the Jets, we're in good shape. It's when teams are trading draft picks in unknown positions that they tend to require more picks. But when u already know one of them is #2 overall, that's like gold.

We'll see.
    Iíd value next yearís first like a top 10 pick
    Houston with Watson and his career year would be picking #3 this year, Jets arenít a very good team and have tons of changes coming.

With Detroit looking for a QB, I wonder if we can trade back from 2 to 7 and gain either next yearís first or a bunch of second rounders

Should put us in a prime spot for Chase, Smith, Pitts, or even 1 of the QBs

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    With Detroit looking for a QB, I wonder if we can trade back from 2 to 7 and gain either next yearís first or a bunch of second rounders

Should put us in a prime spot for Chase, Smith, Pitts, or even 1 of the QBs
    or we could get the #7 and Stafford for the #2, since the Lions want out of his $40 million over the next two years and want to draft a QB. I wouldn't do it, since Stafford is 32 years old, but it is a way to get a strong armed QB and still get a weapon at #7.

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940