Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 165 of 178 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 2657

Thread: Jets talk

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    You are a Negative Nellie. If the Jets go 5-12 this year, chances are they will still be an improved team, due to their tougher schedule. However, I see 4 wins as the floor, if everything goes wrong and 9 wins as the ceiling if everything goes right, with my prediction of 7 wins and visible improvement.
    THis is the thing, I believe but I also know it's a tough pill to swallow for Jets' fans.
    5-12 but 7-8 very close losses vs 8-9 and 2-3 close losses is irrelevant to me. Their play is what matters more than their record.
    I have said from the start, I think it's a 3 year process. Now if they are horrible and non-competitive? Ok. Maybe time to pull the plug. I hope that Saleh and JD are running the show at the next draft and we are going into 2023 with very legit playoff and contention, expectations.

This year is about foundation and getting a bunch of first and second year players, ready to be the building blocks for a decade. That is my wish and hope.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    No I am not; I am also very realistic when I look at a schedule. Think about this for the first 9 weeks (Barring injuries or suspensions): Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, Joe Burrow, Mitchell Trubisky, Tua, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Mac Jones, and Josh Allen. Not exactly easy, and I haven't included all the star talent at the other positions on those respective teams. Zach Wilson and the offense better be prepared to average AT A MINIMUM, 24 PPG.

I will gladly be man enough to admit I am wrong, but when you look at last year's schedule, it wasn't that difficult overall and the Jets went 4-13.
    I wouldn't be shocked either. But my hope is that they can squeak out 3-4 wins in those first 9.

Ignorance is bliss

Don't look now but Geno is in the lead to get the Seattle job.

That does not bode well for Seattle if he's the cream of the crop. I am still quite surprised that they didn't take a shot at Mayfield. I could certainly still happen. The Browns are likely waiting to hear if Watson can play this year. If he can, Baker for a couple picks to Seattle makes a ton of sense.

Ignorance is bliss

After the Browns screwed the rest of the NFL by resetting the QB marketplace, noone is in a hurry to help them out and take any salary off their hands. If Mayfield is cut, then the Seahawks might be interested.

After the Browns screwed the rest of the NFL by resetting the QB marketplace, noone is in a hurry to help them out and take any salary off their hands. If Mayfield is cut, then the Seahawks might be interested.
    I really wonder how they deal with it if Watson can't play?

Ignorance is bliss

Something to think about:

Other than Zach Wilson, what "specific" player or part of the team are you most looking forward to seeing in action?

Name only 1.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post

Other than Zach Wilson, what "specific" player or part of the team are you most looking forward to seeing in action?

Name only 1.
    For me it's the passrush.

Specifically, if Carl Lawson can regain the form that made him the talk of the town last offseason.

This is a dynamic where the Jets have been lacking for far too long.

Name only 1.

That's tough. I might have to go with the DBs. I am very excited to watch this group. I want to see them in coverage, vs the run and in the pass rush.

It could easily be the pass rush, the RBs or WRs,

Honestly, I am more interested in those aspects than I am in ZW. My feeling with him it, he will or he won't. Those other aspects should be fun

Ignorance is bliss

Name only 1.
    I'm torn between offense and defense, but I'll go for the "Sauce" especially against all the primo receivers in their own division.

I'm torn between offense and defense, but I'll go for the "Sauce" especially against all the primo receivers in their own division.
    I wish he could wear his #0 in the pros.

Instead, it looks like he'll be wearing #1.

Name only 1.
    Becton
    His performance will dictate the success of several players on offense

I wish he could wear his #0 in the pros.

Instead, it looks like he'll be wearing #1.
    When did he wear 0?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    When did he wear 0?
    Edit:
    #0 was LB Beavers, not Gardner.
    Last edited by MrX27; 05-23-2022 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Becton
    His performance will dictate the success of several players on offense
    Interesting choice.

Kind of like Zach Wilson, Mecki Bechi is in a "show us what's up" situation.
    As long as he's on the field, I believe he will.

Name only 1.
    I know this isn't what you were asking, but I want to see us playing a meaningful game in October, and competitive football for the entire season.

To answer your question, I think the offensive skill postion players, particularly Wilson (Garrett) and the Carter-Breece duo.... And the TE group, and the O-Line. Hell, I'm excited to see all the young talent on both sides of the ball come together!
    Your Worst Nightmare