Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 125 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2465

Thread: Jets talk

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    So you should only hire a head coach, who was a head coach. Got it. How'd that work with Gase?
    If that's not what you mean, what are the requirements? Call me crazy but I thought being a very successful DC or OC was a great thing to have on your resume, especially when your bosses and players rave about you.
    What is the requirement for an OC or DC? I thought that being a very successful positions coach was a good start. Apparently there is another group of skills they need.

Purging?

What are your talking about? Who did they purge? Who is all this talent the new coaches have booted?

Williams? Certainly not Quincy because he was a very good player for this team and the coaches, as bad as they are, managed to get the best out of him by putting him into a position to succeed. So I am guessing you mean they are booting Quinnen? Well Joe said this about a week ago

Douglas told reporters. "Obviously, Quinnen is a valuable member of this team and a valuable member of this front and he does a lot of positive things and I believe he finished the season with [six] sacks and there’s a lot of things that he does to disrupt the game. He is a player that we all value and appreciate and want to keep here for a long time."

That doesn't sound like anyone is kicking him to the curb. I highly doubt Saleh feels any differently than Douglas.

Fatukasi is being kicked to the curb? I haven't seen the FO or coaches make negative comments about him and I would argue that he had a solid season.

Becton. I agree that coaches should get the best out of him but there is only so much they can do. What if he's weak willed? What if he doesn't really care? What if he takes off plays? Personal responsibility and accountability are a factor.

Mims. Are you really going to argue for a guy who continually looked unprepared and lost? Are you arguing for the ruining of a WR that the young QB clearly didn't trust. I fully believe that if Zac loved Mims, Mims would have been on the field. Mims was terrible.

Why do you disregard completely, the players who improved?
    Why do you disregard completely, that this team played hard till the very end and no one quit?
    How can you say that Zac and a bunch of other players improved but the staff failed?

The coaches lack adaptability? Holy crap that is a ludicrous comment. Seriously, think about it.
    They had the youngest team. They started the most rookies. They had the second most injuries to starters in the league.

I wonder how those injuries to veteran players affect the rookies and second year guys? I'll bet the young players needed zero help in regards to keeping focused on playing the best game they can and not throwing in the towel. I'll bet they learned how to change what they were doing by themselves.

You keep using scheme as their logic. That is inaccurate. It is abundantly clear that they want players who will do whatever they can to get and stay on the field. They want guys who fight for their job and are unconcerned with draft stock. What if you have a coaching staff that doesn't care who you are if you you aren't working top improve yourself? Why is that a bad thing?

If Betcon is lazy and doesn't want to work. I don't want him. Do you?
    If Mims doesn't want to do the mental grind and prep to make himself fully prepared and reliable, I don't want him. Do you?
    Do you want guys who have talent but don't work to be the best they can or do you want guys who will fight tooth and nail to get onto the field.?
    Why is it bad to hold all players to the same standard, regardless of how high they were drafted?

You may want to take a step back and reevaluate because you tell all of us, we are wrong and don't understand.
    Maybe you are the one who doesn't understand.
    Still can't figure out why you're so in love with these guys.

The team sucked this year.
    There was nothing this year that indicated that these coaches are any good at anything.
    And we're about to lose a bunch of talent that quality coaches would do their best to put them in a position to succeed.

I don't get it. But if you guys are all in love with them, then so be it.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by ortforshort View Post
    Still can't figure out why you're so in love with these guys.

The team sucked this year.
    There was nothing this year that indicated that these coaches are any good at anything.
    And we're about to lose a bunch of talent that quality coaches would do their best to put them in a position to succeed.

I don't get it. But if you guys are all in love with them, then so be it.
    The team sucked? Of course it did. The Jets organization from top to bottom said that it would be a long and ugly year. They said they were focusing on development over winning. That was their focus. It was never about wins. It was about what players responded, what players grew and what players they want to keep around because of those things.

Are there coaches who could have gotten more wins? Maybe. But what is the point? You have the youngest team in the league. You don't know who's a keeper and who isn't. Instead of getting an extra 2-3 wins and changing your draft position, why not actually develop players? Why not play the young guys to see if they are any good?
    You argue becton? he didn't try to come back. I have a problem with that.
    You argue Mims? Other guys made more of their opportunities by being prepared and going all out. I think that is a good way to do things as a coach.

My comment about hypocrisy is about you commenting that Zac needs time and we need to see what happens but the coaches suck for certain. We all agree on Zac.
    Aside from you, We all or at least all that I can see also feel that about the Coaches. Am I sold? No. But I like a bunch of what I have seen.
    It's you feelings. That's cool but I don't understand why one part of that gets time and patience but the other doesnt'

Ignorance is bliss

I’m still waiting for the CNN/TMZ articles where the Jets are kicking QW and Foli to the curb…or a statement from a team official on Becton getting booted

[QUOTE=Larry M;34254801]I’m still waiting for the CNN/TMZ articles where the Jets are kicking QW and Foli to the curb…or a statement from a team official on Becton getting booted[/QUOTE

Check out the Jets sites - they are saying that the Jets are not extending Williams and are not re-signing Fatukasi in their post season anaylses. Let me turn the tables on you - provide links saying that the Jets are planning to re-sign Fatukasi and are planning to extend Williams. You won't be able to.

As far as Becton, I posted the link a while back in this thread. It turns out even when you post a link, people who don't want to believe it, denigrate it.

If you don't want to believe what I've been reading and the links I've already posted, fine. You can lead a horse to water.

LaFleur probably has been fast tracked to his position because his brother is a successful head coach. It looks to me like he fancies himself as an X's and O's guy even tho' there wasn't anything special, at best, about his X's and O's last season. It also looks to me like he would pretty much like to forget about there being a people development aspect to being a quality NFL coach. He immediately dropped the ball on Mims. Instead of how can I put this talented, but extremely raw, kid in the best position to succeed, it was more like I can't be bothered, get me somebody polished. Becton, whether you believe it or not, appears to be in LaFleur's doghouse I suppose because he took longer than hoped to return from his injury. Not a good people skill to hold that against a player. And Wilson, the needle moved a little towards the end of the season, but it doesn't look to me like LaFleur wants to invest his precious time in developing others.

I don't know what to make of Ulbrich. The Jets had interior defensive lineman who were stout against the run coming into the season and in no time they turned into the worst run defence in the league, by far. Is he really that incompetent? If I were Douglas, I would be really alarmed. And, not only that, although you guys can go ahead and deny all of it if you want, it doesn't look like either Williams of Fatukasi are in the Jets long term plans. And Ulbrich is? That's nuts.
    Last edited by ortforshort; 01-29-2022 at 11:07 AM.

Here are my two cents on the whole QB, coaches accountability argument. I feel the whole team and organization has something to prove! Douglas now has to prove that he can convert a rebuild into a competitive team. The coaching staff has to prove that they learned from last year and are ready to have the team ready to compete each and every week. The players (including Wilson) need to show that they not only belong, but can play competent, competitive football. I have been on record that the honeymoon will be over next season. This team needs to legitimately compete for a playoff spot next year. I think the young players (particularly Zac and the corners) showed tremendous development by the end of the season and the coaches corrected many of their mistakes by seasons end. I thought the team was much more competitive and looked a hell of alot better the last few weeks (minus the Buffalo game) then they did at the beginning and middle of the season.
    Your Worst Nightmare

[QUOTE=ortforshort;34255326]
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I’m still waiting for the CNN/TMZ articles where the Jets are kicking QW and Foli to the curb…or a statement from a team official on Becton getting booted[/QUOTE

Check out the Jets sites - they are saying that the Jets are not extending Williams and are not re-signing Fatukasi in their post season anaylses. Let me turn the tables on you - provide links saying that the Jets are planning to re-sign Fatukasi and are planning to extend Williams. You won't be able to.

As far as Becton, I posted the link a while back in this thread. It turns out even when you post a link, people who don't want to believe it, denigrate it.

If you don't want to believe what I've been reading and the links I've already posted, fine. You can lead a horse to water.

LaFleur probably has been fast tracked to his position because his brother is a successful head coach. It looks to me like he fancies himself as an X's and O's guy even tho' there wasn't anything special, at best, about his X's and O's last season. It also looks to me like he would pretty much like to forget about there being a people development aspect to being a quality NFL coach. He immediately dropped the ball on Mims. Instead of how can I put this talented, but extremely raw, kid in the best position to succeed, it was more like I can't be bothered, get me somebody polished. Becton, whether you believe it or not, appears to be in LaFleur's doghouse I suppose because he took longer than hoped to return from his injury. Not a good people skill to hold that against a player. And Wilson, the needle moved a little towards the end of the season, but it doesn't look to me like LaFleur wants to invest his precious time in developing others.

I don't know what to make of Ulbrich. The Jets had interior defensive lineman who were stout against the run coming into the season and in no time they turned into the worst run defence in the league, by far. Is he really that incompetent? If I were Douglas, I would be really alarmed. And, not only that, although you guys can go ahead and deny all of it if you want, it doesn't look like either Williams of Fatukasi are in the Jets long term plans. And Ulbrich is? That's nuts.
    That Becton article was a pile of trash with ZERO credible sources. Might as well have it on CNN or TMZ

Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    Here are my two cents on the whole QB, coaches accountability argument. I feel the whole team and organization has something to prove! Douglas now has to prove that he can convert a rebuild into a competitive team. The coaching staff has to prove that they learned from last year and are ready to have the team ready to compete each and every week. The players (including Wilson) need to show that they not only belong, but can play competent, competitive football. I have been on record that the honeymoon will be over next season. This team needs to legitimately compete for a playoff spot next year. I think the young players (particularly Zac and the corners) showed tremendous development by the end of the season and the coaches corrected many of their mistakes by seasons end. I thought the team was much more competitive and looked a hell of alot better the last few weeks (minus the Buffalo game) then they did at the beginning and middle of the season.
    Is 8-9 competing for a playoff spot?

Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    100% To the bolded. That's part of why I like the coaches. If they got a team this young, to stay competitive and not quit, they did something right.

The only comment I may disagree with is the playoffs. My feeling has been this will be a 3 year process.
    Year 1- Break it all down. Smash it. Start to build.
    Year 2- Build and grow. By the end of the year, show that you have turned a corner
    Year3- Be a legit contender.

I feel like if the Jets go 7-10 but are in all the games, as in the lose a bunch of 1 score games (aside from a couple crapy showings) and they are getting better each week, I will feel really good.
    I still think we have to remember how young this team is and that they will possibly be younger next season. They have 11 picks. That's nuts. They could field an entire offense, defense or ST team of rookies with that.
    They will be taking the youngest team in the league and adding 11 rookies. This is the beautiful part of it all. I believe that we will see a certain type of player. picked this year. I think the coaches and Joe, now have an idea of the type of guy they want on the team.
    To me? That's huge. It isn't, let's just get good players. It's let's get good players who we know fit our mindset. I genuinely don't remember the last coach of the Jets who brought that. Parcells for sure. Maybe Herm to a degree but he didn't have a GM like Joe.
    If this FO and coaching staff can actually implement a full on "Jets way", it will be a miracle and something we have not seen in a long, long time. It will sustain a team for a long, long time.

Ignorance is bliss

I love that upset. Really cool to see the Bengals get to the Super Bowl.

Ignorance is bliss

100% To the bolded. That's part of why I like the coaches. If they got a team this young, to stay competitive and not quit, they did something right.

The only comment I may disagree with is the playoffs. My feeling has been this will be a 3 year process.
    Year 1- Break it all down. Smash it. Start to build.
    Year 2- Build and grow. By the end of the year, show that you have turned a corner
    Year3- Be a legit contender.

I feel like if the Jets go 7-10 but are in all the games, as in the lose a bunch of 1 score games (aside from a couple crapy showings) and they are getting better each week, I will feel really good.
    I still think we have to remember how young this team is and that they will possibly be younger next season. They have 11 picks. That's nuts. They could field an entire offense, defense or ST team of rookies with that.
    They will be taking the youngest team in the league and adding 11 rookies. This is the beautiful part of it all. I believe that we will see a certain type of player. picked this year. I think the coaches and Joe, now have an idea of the type of guy they want on the team.
    To me? That's huge. It isn't, let's just get good players. It's let's get good players who we know fit our mindset. I genuinely don't remember the last coach of the Jets who brought that. Parcells for sure. Maybe Herm to a degree but he didn't have a GM like Joe.
    If this FO and coaching staff can actually implement a full on "Jets way", it will be a miracle and something we have not seen in a long, long time. It will sustain a team for a long, long time.
    ^^^^^^this^^^^^^

I love that upset. Really cool to see the Bengals get to the Super Bowl.
    If the Bengals can make it to the Super Bowl, we can too one day

The year of the Tiger starts February 1, 2022, which is tomorrow. There will be a celebration starting January 31, 2022 (tonight) and continuing through February 15, 2022. The Super Bowl is February 13, 2022. The Bengals are in the Super Bowl. Coincidence? I think not! Place those bets for the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    The year of the Tiger starts February 1, 2022, which is tomorrow. There will be a celebration starting January 31, 2022 (tonight) and continuing through February 15, 2022. The Super Bowl is February 13, 2022. The Bengals are in the Super Bowl. Coincidence? I think not! Place those bets for the Super Bowl.
    For sure

When the Seahawks played the Broncos, I still lived in Brooklyn. We had a small backyard with a pear tree that was about 6 feet from the kitchen, sliding glass doors to go outside. 3 days before the game, a hawk landed in the tree and just looked at me. It was there for 10-15 minutes just looking at me, looking at it.

I thought, I should bet on the Seahawks. Naturally I didn't. We know that outcome. I was pissed!!!

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Is 8-9 competing for a playoff spot?
    For me, competing means having a realistic shot at the playoffs going into the last 2-3 weeks. I'm not talking about being mathematically alive, needed 63 things to go your way in order to have a chance. I want them to have control over their own destiny. Win the last two weeks and you're in, or win two and needing another team lose one of two and you're in. Something along those lines.
    Your Worst Nightmare

And let's go Bengals!! The Rams just aren't that likable of a team to me.