Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 230 of 300 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 4490

Thread: Jets talk

  1. #3436
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    47,620
    Once again, goal posts moved
    People say foolish things and rather than step back and acknowledge, they try, very obviously, to change the argument

    That is another trait, of the troll
    Aside from a very, very few posters, we all want the team to succeed

    Those who hope for failure are trolls, losers or just want to scream that they were right

  2. #3437
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by LVC View Post
    Tell me in what ****ing world should a GM or anyone keep their job that is 13-37 since taking over. Drafted the worst QB 2nd overall who they suddenly claim has basic fundamental issues and is 2-16 in their own division. A GM who started the new season with a rookie HC, rookie OC and a rookie QB. Didn't have an actual vet QB that could start an entire season if needed while Zach learns. Then you have a HC who handled the entire situation terribly. Telling the world they keep receipts while they lose the last 6 games of a season and still can't beat the patriots 0-6 since he started. Why the **** wouldn't I want these people gone? Really??? But ok. I'm a troll. W/e you say clown.
    I hear what youíre saying. But from my POV, JD and Saleh have changed the culture and the team is clearly better now than when they arrived. And they are better because of young talent, not high priced free agents. Theyíve definitely made mistakes and I would never argue otherwise.

    But if they started out slow this year and then got hot late to finish 7-10 the perception would be different. But the reason we are all so angry now is because they were good enough to make the playoffs. They lost gut wrenching critical games at the end of the year. Iím convinced they would have made the playoffs if Mike White doesnít get hurt. Itís hard to argue against that. You can argue that White isnít a legit starter and thatís fine. But it only helps to make my point that this team is pretty damn good to be a Mike White injury away from making the playoffs

    I would not want to fire JD and Saleh and start over. My bigger concern is because most people share your feeling and JD and Saleh are now on the hot seat. They are now likely feeling that they have to forego the strategy of building with a long term vision. I hope that doesnít lead to a mistake and I think Rogers would be a mistake

  3. #3438
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Once again, goal posts moved
    People say foolish things and rather than step back and acknowledge, they try, very obviously, to change the argument

    That is another trait, of the troll
    Aside from a very, very few posters, we all want the team to succeed

    Those who hope for failure are trolls, losers or just want to scream that they were right
    What goal posts have been moved? I once again provided real stats that show this guy is not a good OC. The Broncos offense around mid-season was roughly league-average in yards gained but worst in the league in the RedZone. And this was with a QB who never struggled in the redzone before. Hackett has only been an OC under Marrone and LaFleur (offensive HCs) and delivered mostly **** results under the former on top of being atrocious on his own.

    The Packers didn't have to worry about Hackett because it was LaFleur's offense and Hackett wasn't calling plays. Hackett is now the OC under a defensive HC. He's the leader of the offense and will be calling the plays. If he's not calling plays and they pass those duties off to another offensive staff member like Saleh saying he wants to bring in an offensive advisor, which just screams amateur hour and them having no clue what they're doing, then what is the point of bringing in Hackett? It clearly shows a lack of confidence.

    And not only did Hackett suck as a HC but he was the broncos OC and masterminded the worst offense in the 63 history of the Denver Broncos despite having an extremely talented group. Hackett designed the offense, created the offensive game plan, called the plays and did everything the OC is supposed to do. That abysmal offense was on Hackett and Hackett alone. And the Jets in typical jets fashion said to themselves we want you to do that for us!

    I bet you're happy the jets won that meaningless game that led to the jets getting zach.

  4. #3439
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    12,653
    Quote Originally Posted by LVC View Post
    Wtf are you talking about? I have shown stats that the team played better when he stopped calling the plays and when other coaches took over play calling duty. This shows that he can't OC. And his previous success was due to Marrone and Lefluer. Not him.
    Wtf are you talking about?
    Did the teams improve offensively when he took over as OC, yes or no?

    Yes, they did.

    Now what....

  5. #3440
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Cummings View Post
    I hear what youíre saying. But from my POV, JD and Saleh have changed the culture and the team is clearly better now than when they arrived. And they are better because of young talent, not high priced free agents. Theyíve definitely made mistakes and I would never argue otherwise.

    But if they started out slow this year and then got hot late to finish 7-10 the perception would be different. But the reason we are all so angry now is because they were good enough to make the playoffs. They lost gut wrenching critical games at the end of the year. Iím convinced they would have made the playoffs if Mike White doesnít get hurt. Itís hard to argue against that. You can argue that White isnít a legit starter and thatís fine. But it only helps to make my point that this team is pretty damn good to be a Mike White injury away from making the playoffs

    I would not want to fire JD and Saleh and start over. My bigger concern is because most people share your feeling and JD and Saleh are now on the hot seat. They are now likely feeling that they have to forego the strategy of building with a long term vision. I hope that doesnít lead to a mistake and I think Rogers would be a mistake
    Rex actually changed the culture here. What's saleh's culture exactly...it certainly isnt a winning one? Mims wanted to be traded and he was cast aside and never featured. Moore wanted to be traded and got the same treatment. Players during meetings *****ing and moaning that they're starting Zach. Doesn't sound like much a culture when your players don't want to even be there and/or play for the QB HE drafted. We also been turned down for jobs and by players several times since JD and Saleh have taken over. That doesn't sound like a culture change.
    Last edited by LVC; 01-28-2023 at 09:23 PM.

  6. #3441
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    12,653
    LVC, which OC do you think the Jets should have hired (name)?

  7. #3442
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Wtf are you talking about?
    Did the teams improve offensively when he took over as OC, yes or no?

    Yes, they did.

    Now what....
    You have to actually be calling the plays though and the Denver Broncos and their 63 year history say hi.

  8. #3443
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    LVC, which OC do you think the Jets should have hired (name)?


    Roman
    Leftwich
    and I would've even given a shot to Johnson.

    IMO 2023 is a lost season and especially for JD and Saleh, so tbh it doesn't really matter who was hired because they're all gonna be fired after this year anyway. But to see what transpired in Denver and for them to say to themselves that they want this guy to oversee their offense is just mindboggling. I really don't understand how anyone can legitamately rationalize the hire after that mess.



    "He was great with a HOF QB" was literally the coping everyone did when they hired Adam Gase. This is nothing more than a desparation play in the hopes they bring in Rodgers. Does the article title look at all familiar?

  9. #3444
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Wtf are you talking about?
    Did the teams improve offensively when he took over as OC, yes or no?

    Yes, they did.

    Now what....
    Jags fired him after their week 12 loss the very next season when the team was ranked 31st in offense right after his supposedly only decent season as OC. Which again he was carried by their D and fournette.

    Was relieved of play calling duties also around week 12 and Broncos fire him before he finishes the season. During this time the team turns it around in all offensive stats and Russ looks good again.

    Directly from Greenbays oWn website packers.com



    A direct quote from LeFleur...it didn't happen though.



    Lefleur is responsible for the offense. Not Hackett. So again, you have to actually be the one calling the plays in order to be considered a good OC.
    Last edited by LVC; 01-28-2023 at 07:10 PM.

  10. #3445
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    11,709
    Quote Originally Posted by LVC View Post
    Any player or anyone with a brain that saw the absolute trainwreck that was the Denver Broncos would want nothing to do with him. Players fighting and losing their minds on the sidelines. I would be completely turned off from coming here because of this guy if I was a FA. Russ a multi-time probowler and SB winner suddenly turned into Zach Wilson. Broncos were ranked last in points in the NFL with 15.5 a game under hackett..lowest since 1966. The last 2 games without Hackett they avg. 27.5pts, 389 yards and 3.5tds against chargers and chiefs and Russ looks back to normal. And hackett relieved himself from play calling in november and their points began to increase as a result to 19.5.

    Why the hell would I root for this guy just because he's the jets OC? No thanks. Only positive is that this has sealed the fate of saleh and JD.
    Would you agreed Todd Bowles was a good DC, then a bad HC with the Jets, then returned to being a good DC?

    Based on all your posts, it's clear that you aren't able to understand how someone could be a good OC or DC but a terrible HC.
    Last edited by bklynny67; 01-28-2023 at 08:49 PM.

  11. #3446
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Would you agreed Todd Bowles was a good DC, then a bad HC with the Jets, then returned to being a good DC?

    Based on all your posts, it's clear that you aren't able to understand how someone could be a good OC or DC but a terrible HC.
    Someone clearly doesn't know how to read because Hackett called and the designed the entire broncos offense, regardless of being the HC.

  12. #3447
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    375
    And as you can see, he didn't even call the plays in GB. So what can we say, that there were 2 yrs where he only excelled in the red zone, yet GB was always pretty decent in the red zone and then in 2021 with the same exact team and personnel they had their worst red zone record in over 20 years at 18th (site I used only went back to 2003 but in 2015 they were 17th). Then we look at the jags. 1 decent season, which was primarily based on fournette running and a top 3 D constantly giving them great field position and scoring 7 TDs that year. Then the very next year he doesn't even make it past week 12 of the season before they fire him where they were 31st in offense. You really wanna hang your hat on this guy? Does this sound like the resume of a good "OC"?
    Last edited by LVC; 01-28-2023 at 09:41 PM.

  13. #3448
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,916
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Would you agreed Todd Bowles was a good DC, then a bad HC with the Jets, then returned to being a good DC?

    Based on all your posts, it's clear that you aren't able to understand how someone could be a good OC or DC but a terrible HC.
    I think the complaint is that Hackett was never a good offensive player caller. I tend to agree, at least the overarching concept that he hasnít had much success. I dislike the hiring, but Iím also cognizant that it was slim pickings due to fans like LVC who want to clean house if we donít make the playoffs vs continuing the slow and methodical approach JD has implemented. Iím also cognizant that the Hackett move is an attempt to lure in Rodgers

    Where LVC fails is in his wish to get rid of JD and Saleh. Thatís stupid. This team/organization is so much better than before. Yes, Zach is likely a bust and that looks bad, but you have to look at the positives as well.

    Mosley playing at an All Pro level despite a dramatic defensive scheme change
    Signed DJ Reed
    Unleashed QWís potential
    Drafted an All Pro and DROY in Sauce (SUPER RARE)
    Drafted the OROY in Wilson
    Drafted a very promising RB in Breece
    Drafted Michael Carter II and Echols
    Drafted Bryce Hall (despite not being able to play because of 4 of the guys mentioned above)
    Drafted Michael Clemons
    Smart veteran signings like Rankins, Lawson (canít knock him for an Achilles injury), Kwon, Fant, Brown

    The team is being constructed very well, Zach is an unfortunate disaster, but the salary cap is very reasonable and we havenít entered that phase where most teams sell the future for today. Unfortunately, with the mediaís eye towards a playoff mandate, I fear JD changes course and goes into win now modeÖparting ways with Lafleur and signing Hackett might be the first sign of that

  14. #3449
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,916
    Question for MrX27Öall welcomed to answer as well

    Would you trade #13 and #43 for Justin Fields?
    Last edited by Larry M; 01-29-2023 at 05:09 AM.

  15. #3450
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    11,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Question for MrX27Öothers welcomed to answer

    Would you trade #13 and #43 for Justin Fields?
    I'm not sure I trust Fields to be a good QB. Sure it's possible he can make the Jalen Hurts leap but I think Fields is a worse passer than Hurts was. I'd rather keep the picks and get Rodgers or Carr.

    With either of them we would have been in the playoffs easily this year and think with our stout defense we could have made some noise.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •