Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 97 of 106 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1587

Thread: Jets talk

The OLine without Benton really hasn稚 played that bad, much improved over last year I知 happy with the progress there. I think our biggest hurdle is how young we are as a team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    The OLine without Benton really hasn稚 played that bad, much improved over last year I知 happy with the progress there. I think our biggest hurdle is how young we are as a team.

I agree.
    I get that it isn't easy to watch and you want to see Moore go off, or Carter go off, one of the young DBs get a damned int!! It's going to be a rough 2-3 years. If they don't start putting some good things together by mid late next year? Then I will be really concerned

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I agree.
    I get that it isn't easy to watch and you want to see Moore go off, or Carter go off, one of the young DBs get a damned int!! It's going to be a rough 2-3 years. If they don't start putting some good things together by mid late next year? Then I will be really concerned
    Here is the thing Kinko: I don't think Jets fans would be upset at 1-5, IF the team had been a competitive 1-5 team. The Detroit Lions are 0-7, but one thing you can say about them is that they are competitive for a large part of their season.

Yes, I understand the team is young, likely the youngest in the NFL. However, there are things that even for the youngest of teams should give everyone cause for concern. For example:

1) ZERO Points scored in the first quarter of 6 games. Even the best of teams, have a first quarter that they don't score. But 6 games?

2) The NY Jets are averaging 3.3 PPG in the first half. You are not beating anyone with that kind of numbers and let's be honest, a semi competent coach is going to get something out of Zach Wilson, Michael Carter/Ty Johnson, Jamison Crowder/Corey Davis/Keelan Cole, Denzel Mims, Elijah Moore, Braxton Berrios, and the Offensive Line.

3) To continue on point #2, here are your halftime scores of the Jets games so far this year:

Carolina-- Down 16-0
    New England-- Down 13-3
    Denver-- Down 17-0
    Tennessee-- Down 9-7
    Atlanta-- Down 20-3
    New England-- Down 31-7

If you are these teams, how much do you really have to do in the 2nd half to beat the NY Jets? Is the coaching really that bad?

4) For a guy who supposedly makes his living as a defensive minded coach, the Jets defense is giving up an average of 29.16 PPG.
    Eichel Tower

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Here is the thing Kinko: I don't think Jets fans would be upset at 1-5, IF the team had been a competitive 1-5 team. The Detroit Lions are 0-7, but one thing you can say about them is that they are competitive for a large part of their season.

Yes, I understand the team is young, likely the youngest in the NFL. However, there are things that even for the youngest of teams should give everyone cause for concern. For example:

1) ZERO Points scored in the first quarter of 6 games. Even the best of teams, have a first quarter that they don't score. But 6 games?

2) The NY Jets are averaging 3.3 PPG in the first half. You are not beating anyone with that kind of numbers and let's be honest, a semi competent coach is going to get something out of Zach Wilson, Michael Carter/Ty Johnson, Jamison Crowder/Corey Davis/Keelan Cole, Denzel Mims, Elijah Moore, Braxton Berrios, and the Offensive Line.

3) To continue on point #2, here are your halftime scores of the Jets games so far this year:

Carolina-- Down 16-0
    New England-- Down 13-3
    Denver-- Down 17-0
    Tennessee-- Down 9-7
    Atlanta-- Down 20-3
    New England-- Down 31-7

If you are these teams, how much do you really have to do in the 2nd half to beat the NY Jets? Is the coaching really that bad?

4) For a guy who supposedly makes his living as a defensive minded coach, the Jets defense is giving up an average of 29.16 PPG.
    Any defense would give up points if their offense consistently goes 3 and out.
    ANY defense.

And take away the last Patriots game and that number decreases moderately.

Even if Wilson was doing half decent or actually playing well, to not have a VET QB that you could actually have start a game or ROS if needed is ****ing assinine. Wilson has no one to turn to for advice or guidance and Knapp was not going to be enough, so I don't want to hear that excuse either. There were many QBs available...keep flacco, mariota, foles, minshew. At least flacco and foles won SBs. They know what the ups and downs are like. To have a vet QB on the team is like football 101 and just plain old common sense.

For Douglas to think it was a smart idea to have a rookie OC + rookie QB on top of having a rookie HC, just shows how utterly incompetent this guy is. With a vet QB, the rookie OC can do all his tinkering to see what works and doesn't. You can't do that with a rookie QB who is just learning the game at the NFL level and speed. I would let it slide if it was a vet OC but not a rookie. And by having a vet QB start the season or for the entire year, it will help the OC as he gets the kinks out of the system and it will only better prepare Wilson for when he starts bc he'll have actual guidance from the vet QB in how to best implement the system.

He also should have been way more aggressive in aquiring actual WR talent instead of bargain hunting. We are ranking in the top in terms of drops. Make a hard play at Godwin to lure him from TB or even Robinson (who I wanted this stupid ****ing team to go after before he went to the bears to pair with Darnold) and Ebron who was cheap af and went on to have a hell of season that year. We had the money. Man I hate this orgnazation so much. Douglas needs to go and so does LaFluer. No real opinion on Saleh still.

Quote Originally Posted by LVC View Post
    Even if Wilson was doing half decent or actually playing well, to not have a VET QB that you could actually have start a game or ROS if needed is ****ing assinine. Wilson has no one to turn to for advice or guidance and Knapp was not going to be enough, so I don't want to hear that excuse either. There were many QBs available...keep flacco, mariota, foles, minshew. At least flacco and foles won SBs. They know what the ups and downs are like. To have a vet QB on the team is like football 101 and just plain old common sense.

For Douglas to think it was a smart idea to have a rookie OC + rookie QB on top of having a rookie HC, just shows how utterly incompetent this guy is. With a vet QB, the rookie OC can do all his tinkering to see what works and doesn't. You can't do that with a rookie QB who is just learning the game at the NFL level and speed. I would let it slide if it was a vet OC but not a rookie. And by having a vet QB start the season or for the entire year, it will help the OC as he gets the kinks out of the system and it will only better prepare Wilson for when he starts bc he'll have actual guidance from the vet QB in how to best implement the system.

He also should have been way more aggressive in aquiring actual WR talent instead of bargain hunting. We are ranking in the top in terms of drops. Make a hard play at Godwin to lure him from TB or even Robinson (who I wanted this stupid ****ing team to go after before he went to the bears to pair with Darnold) and Ebron who was cheap af and went on to have a hell of season that year. We had the money. Man I hate this orgnazation so much. Douglas needs to go and so does LaFluer. No real opinion on Saleh still.
    This is an overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    This is an overreaction.
    I can see where you are coming from somewhat, but to go into a season with 3 QB's on the roster that have never attempted an NFL regular season pass in itself is a complete recipe for disaster.
    Eichel Tower

I can see where you are coming from somewhat, but to go into a season with 3 QB's on the roster that have never attempted an NFL regular season pass in itself is a complete recipe for disaster.
    100%

It was an err in judgement, let's just gope that Zach's time on the sideline is fruitful and he begins to see the game differently (which he will since he's on the sidine but you know what I mean).

I gotta believe that the game never slowed down for him, perhaps learning under another QB wll help him with his pacing.

Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post

Agreed.
    Both Fant and Moses are top 20 ranked OTs, as they both excel in pass blocking.

Their weakness is that they are not great run blockers.

But overall Becton not being there isn't the reason for lack of offensive production.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

True. There is no argument there. Not having a vet qb was short sighted for sure.
    Where the overreaction was IMO, was saying that Douglas incompetent for having a rookie HC, OC and QB
    Or that he should have been more aggressive in his WR pursuit

He picked Saleh. Saleh picked his staff. Joe signed off but of course you let your HC pick his guys, even if he's a new HC.
    LaFleur has been horrid in the first half. Horrid. There is no denying or excusing. He does make adjustments and they seem to be successful. I think that is a positive. I think he should make them sooner but he's a rookie OC. Give the guy more than 6 games. If this team looks the same after 24-25 games? Yeah, get out the pitchforks. After 34 games? Light the torches.

As far as WRs, why do people presume a certain player wants to play here? We have zero idea if any other guys were contacted. I would also argue that if he had gotten another name, you starting WRs are Davis, Crowder and that name. Fans would absolutely ***** about Douglas being stupid for signing two starters because they blocked Moore and Mimms.

Jets could go 17-0, win the Super Bowl in a 52-0 game and fans would find something about which to complain and criticize (That isn't directed at you or LVC, it's just the ny media and fans.)

I agree about competitive. I am a big believer in that. I also believe that they will be more so, in the second half of the year and likely more in the last 4-5 games.
    The bottom line is they do play hard. Something I never felt they did with Gase. Even in the drubbing last week, the defense was still flying around trying to make tackles. They stunk it up but at least there was effort and to me that means guys are buying in and that is a good thing.

Ignorance is bliss

Mike White starting at QB this week.

White completed 20 of 32 passes for 202 yards against New England, throwing one touchdown pass and two picks.
    Oddly enough, his numbers were very Wilson-like.

Lets see what White is, and remember this is a short week as the Jets play Thursday against the Colts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    True. There is no argument there. Not having a vet qb was short sighted for sure.
    Where the overreaction was IMO, was saying that Douglas incompetent for having a rookie HC, OC and QB
    Or that he should have been more aggressive in his WR pursuit

He picked Saleh. Saleh picked his staff. Joe signed off but of course you let your HC pick his guys, even if he's a new HC.
    LaFleur has been horrid in the first half. Horrid. There is no denying or excusing. He does make adjustments and they seem to be successful. I think that is a positive. I think he should make them sooner but he's a rookie OC. Give the guy more than 6 games. If this team looks the same after 24-25 games? Yeah, get out the pitchforks. After 34 games? Light the torches.

As far as WRs, why do people presume a certain player wants to play here? We have zero idea if any other guys were contacted. I would also argue that if he had gotten another name, you starting WRs are Davis, Crowder and that name. Fans would absolutely ***** about Douglas being stupid for signing two starters because they blocked Moore and Mimms.

Jets could go 17-0, win the Super Bowl in a 52-0 game and fans would find something about which to complain and criticize (That isn't directed at you or LVC, it's just the ny media and fans.)

I agree about competitive. I am a big believer in that. I also believe that they will be more so, in the second half of the year and likely more in the last 4-5 games.
    The bottom line is they do play hard. Something I never felt they did with Gase. Even in the drubbing last week, the defense was still flying around trying to make tackles. They stunk it up but at least there was effort and to me that means guys are buying in and that is a good thing.

I think the lack of quality at TE is a bigger issue than WR. On paper, bringing in Davis, Cole and Moore to complement Mimms and Crowder is a decent group of WRs. On another team that group could be putting up good numbers

But our offense is very reliant on TEs. Douglas and Saleh should have realized this and needed to do more to upgrade this position. They can all certainly be improved but I知 ok with our WRs, RBs and O line.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Mike White starting at QB this week.

White completed 20 of 32 passes for 202 yards against New England, throwing one touchdown pass and two picks.
    Oddly enough, his numbers were very Wilson-like.

Lets see what White is, and remember this is a short week as the Jets play Thursday against the Colts.
    I知 excited to see white get a full game. I thought he looked solid last week. It might only be a FG but I can see us breaking our scoreless first quarter streak this week

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Cummings View Post
    I知 excited ... It might only be a FG but I can see us breaking our scoreless first quarter streak this week
    It's sad to think that this is what we pin our hopes on. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Cummings View Post
    I知 excited to see white get a full game. I thought he looked solid last week. It might only be a FG but I can see us breaking our scoreless first quarter streak this week
    Gameday bonus question found.

Page 97 of 106 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast