Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 69 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1286

Thread: Jets talk

Hopefully the Jets will wear an honorary patch for him this year.

Wishing the best for the Knapp family during these trying times.

****ing awful for his family… there’s a group of bikers out where I live, and one was killed under similar circumstances recently.

Brian Pool expected to sign a 1yr deal with the New Orleans Saints.

Chandler Jones requests trade from Arizona.
    31yrs old, making $15.5m in last year of contract.
    *played only 5 games last year due to injury, but has not been an injury plaqued player.

Very few teams will be able to trade for him because of cap limitations, unless the Cardinals eat a contract or 2 in return.

Food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Brian Pool expected to sign a 1yr deal with the New Orleans Saints.

Chandler Jones requests trade from Arizona.
    31yrs old, making $15.5m in last year of contract.
    *played only 5 games last year due to injury, but has not been an injury plaqued player.

Very few teams will be able to trade for him because of cap limitations, unless the Cardinals eat a contract or 2 in return.

Food for thought.
    Jones would be quite the addition
    Could also sign him beyond this year, we have over $20M in dead money which I believe comes off the books after this year (Trumaine Johnson, Darnold, Enunwa, Bell)…though we might have to do something with Maye and Moses next year

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Jones would be quite the addition
    Could also sign him beyond this year, we have over $20M in dead money which I believe comes off the books after this year (Trumaine Johnson, Darnold, Enunwa, Bell)…though we might have to do something with Maye and Moses next year
    They could use a game changing pass rusher without significant upgrades at CB.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    First and foremost, sign the friggin QB already

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I agree. However, what do you think about the disagreement. I read that it was over offset language, which only applies if the Jets cut him during his contract. There is no dispute that Wilson will get $35 Million guaranteed for his draft slot. The Jets, as all football teams would, want there to be an offset against their payroll for the amount a new team pays him. Without the offset, Wilson could be paid twice, because he would get the entire $35 million plus what a new team would pay him.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I agree. However, what do you think about the disagreement. I read that it was over offset language, which only applies if the Jets cut him during his contract. There is no dispute that Wilson will get $35 Million guaranteed for his draft slot. The Jets, as all football teams would, want there to be an offset against their payroll for the amount a new team pays him. Without the offset, Wilson could be paid twice, because he would get the entire $35 million plus what a new team would pay him.
    To me, this is one of those, who cares? If it counts against the cap, ok. Then it is a reasonable argument but if it's just about paying someone and feeling like you got ripped off because you cut them and they are getting paid elsewhere?
    Well, you picked the guy. Pay him and STFU.

Ignorance is bliss

I agree, but I have always said that the way you do these things is real simple: Here is your contract, this how much is guaranteed, you sign it after you're drafted. Forget all the "offset language" crap and let's move on. Every NFL Draft contract literally should be done by OTA's, if not before.

I say the same thing with the MLB Draft: Forget bonus pool money, if you are drafted in the first 10 rounds, here is your contract and you are done. Real simple!
    Eichel Tower

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I agree, but I have always said that the way you do these things is real simple: Here is your contract, this how much is guaranteed, you sign it after you're drafted. Forget all the "offset language" crap and let's move on. Every NFL Draft contract literally should be done by OTA's, if not before.

I say the same thing with the MLB Draft: Forget bonus pool money, if you are drafted in the first 10 rounds, here is your contract and you are done. Real simple!
    I thought Lawrence signed but the offset language has held up his contract talks too.

Its not just about the player getting cut but also to protect the team in case the player gets majorly injured and can't play anymore, though they are under guaranteed rookie deals.

I would be surprised if this truly dragged out, considering Wilson is a rookie and Joe D has hitched his wagon to him.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    I thought Lawrence signed but the offset language has held up his contract talks too.

Its not just about the player getting cut but also to protect the team in case the player gets majorly injured and can't play anymore, though they are under guaranteed rookie deals.

I would be surprised if this truly dragged out, considering Wilson is a rookie and Joe D has hitched his wagon to him.
    What if it's all a clever ruse? They have agreed not to agree on the contract so Wilson holds out a year and the jets play a crappy QB to get the number 1 pick next year?

(Weed is legal in my state)

Ignorance is bliss

What if it's all a clever ruse? They have agreed not to agree on the contract so Wilson holds out a year and the jets play a crappy QB to get the number 1 pick next year?

(Weed is legal in my state)
    Well, Seattle will go 0-16 so technically we’ll have the #1 and #2 pick
    We can draft Kayvon Thibodeaux and trade our other pick for a haul for whoever is the next “Generational” QB

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Well, Seattle will go 0-16 so technically we’ll have the #1 and #2 pick
    We can draft Kayvon Thibodeaux and trade our other pick for a haul for whoever is the next “Generational” QB
    Exactly!

Ignorance is bliss

Ok. Wilson needs to just sign the deal. This is not the way to introduce himself to the NY media or fans.
    You are getting your money no matter what. Sign the deal

Ignorance is bliss

Trey Lance has signed, 4yr $34.1M.

Page 69 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast