Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 196 of 200 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 2987

Thread: Jets talk

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Brady still has one of the top velocities on the football in the league. Everyone thought he was benefitting mostly from checking down and Belichick's defense in NE but he's been one of the best QBs in the league in respect to air yards, yards per attempt, etc since joining Tampa.

Not true, dude. I've been on the same bandwagon since they drafted him. Give him the reigns and see what he is. I don't want to see Joe Flacco and if I have to see anyone play for Zach when he's injured, I'd rather it be Mike White. I can live with whatever results there are. You can't.

He might be fragile but he's played less than 2 seasons. We don't know what he is and that's my point. You won't know if he's a bust and/or a guy who never had the ability to live out his potential because of injury unless you play him.

No hype. I'm skeptical of him too. Young QBs have to prove they can play in the league but the way to do that again is to play him. I don't want to take him in and out of the starting lineup. That does nothing for his development and its doesn't give the Jets any clearer picture of whether or not he's the guy they want to move forward with. If he's healthy, he should be the starter. If he sucks again this year, then you can either draft another QB or hope Lamar Jackson becomes a FA.
    Air yards and velocity are 2 different things.
    Brady doesn't come close to having one of the stronger arms in the league, he never has.

If arm strength meant as much as you claim, then Belichek would have played Bledsoe over Brady.

Wait, you just said I didn't want to see Mike White.
    I'll just let that sit there.

Hey, since Josh Rosen got less than 2 years to start, do you want to sign him too?
    Or better yet, we never got to see Christian Hackenburg, maybe we should give him another opportunity.
    Where's James Morgan at?

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Air yards and velocity are 2 different things.
    Brady doesn't come close to having one of the stronger arms in the league, he never has.

If arm strength meant as much as you claim, then Belichek would have played Bledsoe over Brady.

Wait, you just said I didn't want to see Mike White.
    I'll just let that sit there.

Hey, since Josh Rosen got less than 2 years to start, do you want to sign him too?
    Or better yet, we never got to see Christian Hackenburg, maybe we should give him another opportunity.
    Where's James Morgan at?
    I'm aware but it takes significant talent to push the ball down the field consistently like Brady does. And I would say throwing a football at 61 mph at 42 years old is pretty good arm talent.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...irthday-nears/

It was a different league 22 years ago. You know that.

Where did I say that? I said if Wilson gets hurt I would rather see White than Flacco.

Like I said, tell me you believe Wilson is a bust without saying Wilson is a bust. I guess guys like Allen, Stafford, Matt Ryan, etc were busts too because they didn't hit the ground running. Might as well tell Trevor Lawrence that his career is over because he sucked in his rookie season.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    If you haven't seen this, it's really funny and really cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLhsjH3IBPc

Ignorance is bliss

I'm aware but it takes significant talent to push the ball down the field consistently like Brady does. And I would say throwing a football at 61 mph at 42 years old is pretty good arm talent.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...irthday-nears/

It was a different league 22 years ago. You know that.

Where did I say that? I said if Wilson gets hurt I would rather see White than Flacco.

Like I said, tell me you believe Wilson is a bust without saying Wilson is a bust. I guess guys like Allen, Stafford, Matt Ryan, etc were busts too because they didn't hit the ground running. Might as well tell Trevor Lawrence that his career is over because he sucked in his rookie season.
    Every QB you named was better than ZW as a rookie.

Every QB you named was better than ZW as a rookie.
    Yes and none of the rookies last year aside from Davis Mills were even average QBs. Do we say they're all duds? What is an appropriate time to give a highly drafted QB? Most of those guys get 3 years. Youre pulling the plug on him after 13 starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

I watched that on Tuesday, absolutely hilarious

Yes and none of the rookies last year aside from Davis Mills were even average QBs. Do we say they're all duds? What is an appropriate time to give a highly drafted QB? Most of those guys get 3 years. Youre pulling the plug on him after 13 starts.
    And each one of your so-called duds was better than ZW too.
    Every single one of them.

No, but you may be without realizing it.
    Last edited by MrX27; 09-22-2022 at 08:40 PM.

And each one of your so-called duds was better than ZW too.
    Every single one of them.

No, but you may be without realizing it.
    Lawrence and Fields were barely better.

No, I'm willing to give him the rest of this season. I would say if he shows sizable improvement they should give him next year as well. I'm not looking to start Joe Flacco again this season. You are.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-22-2022 at 11:11 PM.

Lawrence and Fields were barely better.

No, I'm willing to give him the rest of this season. I would say if he shows sizable improvement they should give him next year as well. I'm not looking to start Joe Flacco again this season. You are.
    As I said, EVERY single starting QB in the NFL was better than him, including some backup QBs.

Also, Flacco is starting another game this season like it or not.

I'm looking to win as many games as possible until we are out of the playoff chase.
    You are not.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    The best possible scenario for both Zach and the Jets is, Flacco is bad this week, a bunch of turnovers, missed throws... but the Jets manage to win. If the fans are on Flacco, ZW's transition is very easy. He comes in cheered.
    For ZW? It doesn't matter if the Jets win or lose as long as Flacco flops.

If Flacco plays well Sunday? Going to Zach the next week, sets him up for failure IMO.

I don't think you can change QBs if this team is winning. Then again, if they plug ZW into a team that's won two games and they suddenly stink for the next 6 games, problem solved.

I am not expecting a finished product I expect bonehead throws and mistakes. I also expect far fewer than last year. I expect accurate throws that allow his WRs a chance to protect themselves or get some good YAC. I except him to get rid of the ball and not think he's Allen, Mahomes Jackson... and run around all day. I expect him to start being smart with his reads.
    I expect him to be a top 20 QB this year. I expect him to grow like Allen did from his first year to his second. If you look at those numbers, it is not a big ask.

Ignorance is bliss

ZW has a better OL than Fields (Chicago mgm't did nothing to improve it over last year) and ZW has a better receiving core than Fields (Chicago mgm't actually let it get worse than last year).
    Even still Fields was better than ZW.

Wait; you'll take ZW over half the NFL QBs?!!
    Anyone else agree with that...

Right now, would anyone else take Zach Wilson over half the QBs in the NFL.
    Well?
    Stop being a phony! This is what you need to do....go and walk up the stairs from your parents basement, open the front door and scream "I hate Zach Wilson". It will be very therapeutic for you. Stop trying to play both sides saying you hope he does well. You can't stand this kid. Also, you have some ballz calling other people out for being negative. The kid is in his second year. Maybe he turns out to be a bust, if you're truly a Jets fan, you hope he is the franchise QB we haven't had since Namath. BUT enough already with your little snarky comments. I don't know if you have no life and need this forum to vent out your frustrations, but all you do is attack people. Which is very easy to do from behind a computer screen. I wonder if you would be so brazen when you're face to face with someone. I think we all know the answer to that!
    Your Worst Nightmare

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    Stop being a phony! This is what you need to do....go and walk up the stairs from your parents basement, open the front door and scream "I hate Zach Wilson". It will be very therapeutic for you. Stop trying to play both sides saying you hope he does well. You can't stand this kid. Also, you have some ballz calling other people out for being negative. The kid is in his second year. Maybe he turns out to be a bust, if you're truly a Jets fan, you hope he is the franchise QB we haven't had since Namath. BUT enough already with your little snarky comments. I don't know if you have no life and need this forum to vent out your frustrations, but all you do is attack people. Which is very easy to do from behind a computer screen. I wonder if you would be so brazen when you're face to face with someone. I think we all know the answer to that!
    Really.
    You made the claim that you'd take ZW over half the QBs and now you're mad, because you realize how ridiculous your statement was.

Oh yeah, I do hope ZW does well.
    Unfortunately, you don't seem to understand that hope and thought are 2 separate things.

P.S.
    So it looks like I'm back under your skin full-time, so my game is back up to par.
    Have a nice day.
    Last edited by MrX27; 09-23-2022 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

I've seen similar ones with Jared Goff and Bryce Harper.

It really accentuates the talent difference between elite pros and the college athletes.

As I said, EVERY single starting QB in the NFL was better than him, including some backup QBs.

Also, Flacco is starting another game this season like it or not.

I'm looking to win as many games as possible until we are out of the playoff chase.
    You are not.
    Great. The transition to the NFL is tough and he didnt have much of an offense last year as we both know.

I seriously hope he doesn't after this week.

Because I dont see this as a playoff team unless they get some incredibly lucky breaks. Nor do I think Joe Flacco can get them there. You're talking about a 37 year old QB who hasn't a decent NFL season since 2014.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-23-2022 at 04:06 PM.

If I was drafting a team for the next 3-5 years, this is who I would take Zach over:

Mac Jones
    Either Steelers QB
    Matt Ryan (starting to show his age)
    Tannerhill
    Davis Mills
    Daniel Jones
    Wentz
    Cousins (he's better right now, but ill take Zach's potential)
    Fields
    Goff
    Winston
    Marriotta
    Baker
    Geno
    Either 49er QB

Its a tie with Zach and Tua. I think they're very similar right now.

So that is MY preference. You can have yours, but opinions are like a-holes. Which you can totally relate to.