Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Jets talk

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    So we get Watson for free? Nice
    Is the #3 and Tua that much better than #2 and Sam?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Both Seahawks 1st rounders and Sam for Watson and a $400M contract

Thatíd be great, donít know if itís enough
    This was my feeling.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Not if the Texans miss out on the player they want at #2.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Not if the Texans miss out on the player they want at #2.
    Exactly. If they loved fields? You would be trading Sam and Fields for Watson. They might want more and depending on what was happening, I might agree to Seattle's pick next year.

I'm not giving up more than 2 firsts.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    From a talent standpoint, yes.
    For all his potential, Sam iis still that college QB that turns the ball over.

Houston is not trading Watson for 1 pick and a QB, from the Jets or Miami.
    Last edited by MrX27; 01-11-2021 at 12:37 PM.

The most I would do for Watson is our #2 pick this year, Seattle 1st next year, our 2nd round pick in 2023/Sam if they prefer him over the 2nd..

I think thatís a fair trade for both teams..

When the Jets traded from #6 to #3, we needed to trade 3 additional second rounders (two in the current year and one in the subsequent year) to move up 3 spots. So, in a similar deal for the #2 pick, the Jets should be able to get the equivalent of the #5 pick plus 3 second rounders or more for the #2 pick. Why not just trade the #2 pick to the Bengals for the #5 pick and a first round pick for next year (or the #5 and 3 second rounders), since the Bengals would want to jump ahead of the Dolphins for Sewell (or similar deal with the Falcons for the #4 pick, since they might want to jump ahead to ensure they get Justin Fields). Then trade down again from #5, acquiring even more draft capital.

Then with the draft capital obtained, we should easily be able to come up with the equivalent of 3 #1s to get Watson, especially with the Seattle picks, if that's the price for Watson. The point is that the #2 pick should be worth at least two first round picks, probably more. plus Sam is worth a second rounder or third rounder at the lowest.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    When the Jets traded from #6 to #3, we needed to trade 3 additional second rounders (two in the current year and one in the subsequent year) to move up 3 spots. So, in a similar deal for the #2 pick, the Jets should be able to get the equivalent of the #5 pick plus 3 second rounders or more for the #2 pick. Why not just trade the #2 pick to the Bengals for the #5 pick and a first round pick for next year (or the #5 and 3 second rounders), since the Bengals would want to jump ahead of the Dolphins for Sewell (or similar deal with the Falcons for the #4 pick, since they might want to jump ahead to ensure they get Justin Fields). Then trade down again from #5, acquiring even more draft capital.

Then with the draft capital obtained, we should easily be able to come up with the equivalent of 3 #1s to get Watson, especially with the Seattle picks, if that's the price for Watson. The point is that the #2 pick should be worth at least two first round picks, probably more. plus Sam is worth a second rounder or third rounder at the lowest.
    Nice!

Ignorance is bliss

You're restating what I said earlier.

The Texans aren't going to wait and to see if the Jets can figure it out during the draft.
    Any Watson trade will have to happen prior to any Jet draft day movement.

People thinking with Jet goggles need to remember Houston is in the drivers seat of any Watson trade.

Therefore if the trade doesn't benefit Houston then it ain't happening.

Plus, it's a competitive bid.
    So as I'm reading people's trade scenarios, I don't see many people topping the offer of Miami's 2 first rounders and Tua.

Not knowing what's going to happen on draft day, would you trade Sam and the #2 for Tua and the #3 today.

Not knowing what's going to happen on draft day, would you trade Sam and the #2 for Tua and the #3 today.
    It would never happen, but hypothetically, definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    People thinking with Jet goggles need to remember Houston is in the drivers seat of any Watson trade.

Therefore if the trade doesn't benefit Houston then it ain't happening.

Plus, it's a competitive bid.
    So as I'm reading people's trade scenarios, I don't see many people topping the offer of Miami's 2 first rounders and Tua.
    I agree. Seattle's 2 firsts and Sam is a solid deal but it's not the sam as 2 first this year and Tua.

With that said after watching the game last night, my trigger finger would be itchy. If I am not sold on Sam, I may trade sam for a second and give up another pick to get Watson.

Ignorance is bliss

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728