Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets talk

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    You said, "if" you believed in Sam.
    Do you???

Because only a couple of teams could give a realistic haul back in this draft, others would have to offer picks for future draft selections.

Jacksonville has 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders, but if they draft at #2, I doubt they'd give up the picks to get Lawrence, when Fields is there for the taking.
    So where are you getting 2 1st round picks from...
    We already have Seattle’s #1 remember? We already have 2 #1s

I don’t see the Jags trading as presume they’ll be pick #1 or #2 and getting the QB they covet. Trading with someone like the Redskins should net us what I described above, plus more in 2022 and maybe even 2023. There’s also the Broncos (I can see Elway drooling over Lawrence) and possibly Carolina and Atlanta who may want to setup their franchise and will have relatively high draft picks. We could go deeper and look at the Bears, Vikings, SF, maybe even the Eagles

I’m not sure if I believe in Sam anymore, I wrote at some point in the past few weeks that I think we broke him. The good news is, he’s still incredibly young

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I think that the Jags need to finish out of the top 4 to trade up and it's likely, they would only trad to the sec and spot. Ideally, they win 3-4 games and end up behind the Giants

0 wins- Jets
    1 win-Jacksonville
    2 wins- Houston, Chargers, Cinci, Washigton, Dallas
    3 wins- Falcons, Panthers, giants, Eagles

That's scary. 2 wins and the jets could fall from First to 5th.
    Cinci is a huge help for us, they play Washington, the Giants and Cowboys. Hopefully they beat the Giants and lose to the other two.

Many of the above teams play each other so they will end up with more wins.
    I don't see a truly winnable game on the Jags schedule. Maybe the browns, bears or colts but they'd need to play like wild men. So they will likely end up with 1 win

Jets have Chargers, Rams, Browns and Pats. Those are all very winnable. That's why is still see them with 3 wins. That would land them a pick in the 5-8 range.

Losing to the Chargers is huge.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    We already have Seattle’s #1 remember? We already have 2 #1s

I don’t see the Jags trading as presume they’ll be pick #1 or #2 and getting the QB they covet. Trading with someone like the Redskins should net us what I described above, plus more in 2022 and maybe even 2023. There’s also the Broncos (I can see Elway drooling over Lawrence) and possibly Carolina and Atlanta who may want to setup their franchise and will have relatively high draft picks. We could go deeper and look at the Bears, Vikings, SF, maybe even the Eagles

I’m not sure if I believe in Sam anymore, I wrote at some point in the past few weeks that I think we broke him. The good news is, he’s still incredibly young
    I thought you meant you were looking to trade the #1 pick for 2 1st rounders this draft.

If Washington wants Lawrence, fine.
    I want a player (Chase Young or Montez Sweat) on top of multiple picks.

This way we get a passrusher on a rookie deal and still have early round selections.

Atlanta, Chicago, San Francisco and Minnesota are all possible locations for Darnold if traded, but unlikely suitors to trade up to #1.

Philly is interesting because they have shown they will make moves to get the prospect they want, and they have the Joe D connection.
    Still I'd consider it a longshot but not improbable.
    Last edited by MrX27; 11-20-2020 at 11:41 AM.

I thought you meant you were looking to trade the #1 pick for 2 1st rounders this draft.

This way we get a passrusher on a rookie deal and still have early round selections.

Atlanta, Chicago, San Francisco and Minnesota are all possible locations for Darnold if traded, but unlikely suitors to trade up to #1.

Philly is interesting because they have shown they will make moves to get the prospect they want, and they have the Joe D connection.
    If somehow we had 3 #1s, my God, we can potentially fix this offense on day 1
    Again assuming we trust in Sam and sign Allen Robinson

What if someone like the Vikes wanted to go from say pick 10-15 to #2 for Fields?
    This year #1, next year #1 & #2, and Danielle Hunter?
    Would you do it?

I don’t see the 49ers trading Bosa or us wanting Mack from the Bears. Atlanta doesn’t have any pass rushers AFAIK
    Last edited by Larry M; 11-21-2020 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    What if someone like the Vikes wanted to go from say pick 10-15 to #2 for Fields?
    This year #1, next year #1 & #2, and Danielle Hunter?
    Would you do it?

I don’t see the 49ers trading Bosa or us wanting Mack from the Bears. Atlanta doesn’t have any pass rushers AFAIK
    I'd reject that offer.
    Danielle Hunter's injury is a question, and he wants a new deal.
    I tend to think the Vikings are more likely to trade for Darnold, than be a realistic trade down option from #1 or #2.

However, if Minnesota offered significant picks and WR Justin Jefferson, not sure if I'd accept but I'd definitely consider.

Agreed, very doubtful 49ers part from Bosa and the Jets probably want no part of Mack's contract.
    Last edited by MrX27; 11-21-2020 at 04:22 PM.

Fields didn’t look that great today.

Definitely a drop off from Lawrence to Fields.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I think that the Jags need to finish out of the top 4 to trade up and it's likely, they would only trad to the sec and spot. Ideally, they win 3-4 games and end up behind the Giants

0 wins- Jets
    1 win-Jacksonville
    2 wins- Houston, Chargers, Cinci, Washigton, Dallas
    3 wins- Falcons, Panthers, giants, Eagles

That's scary. 2 wins and the jets could fall from First to 5th.
    Cinci is a huge help for us, they play Washington, the Giants and Cowboys. Hopefully they beat the Giants and lose to the other two.

Many of the above teams play each other so they will end up with more wins.
    I don't see a truly winnable game on the Jags schedule. Maybe the browns, bears or colts but they'd need to play like wild men. So they will likely end up with 1 win

Jets have Chargers, Rams, Browns and Pats. Those are all very winnable. That's why is still see them with 3 wins. That would land them a pick in the 5-8 range.

Losing to the Chargers is huge.
    For sure.
    The Jaguars have been in most games this year but they need at least 2 to 3 more wins to be out of top QB range.
    Doubtful that happens.

Chargers are a 70% favorite over the Jets but idk, I think the Jets will be competitve this week.
    Thie Jets could walk away with the W.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Fields didn’t look that great today.

Definitely a drop off from Lawrence to Fields.
    Dropoff, that's funny.

So Lawrence has looked great in every game ever?
    Now for a QB that didn't look great, Fields still accounted for 300 yds and 3 TDs.

Since you like stats, in his lowest rated game of the season, Fields still had a QBR over 80, which is still better than a couple of Lawrence's games.
    Also, Fields has played against tougher competition thus far this season.

If 1 game makes a player, watch out everyone after Perriman's last game he's going to the pro bowl.

Dropoff, that's funny.

So Lawrence has looked great in every game ever?
    Now for a QB that didn't look great, Fields still accounted for 300 yds and 3 TDs.

Since you like stats, in his lowest rated game of the season, Fields still had a QBR over 80, which is still better than a couple of Lawrence's games.
    Also, Fields has played against tougher competition thus far this season.

If 1 game makes a player, watch out everyone after Perriman's last game he's going to the pro bowl.
    100% to the bolded. It is one of the reasons I am not sold on TL.

Ignorance is bliss

Prior to yesterday’s game vs IU, OSU played garbage *** penn state, nebraska and rutgers. At least clemson blew the roof off an overrated but still decent miami team.

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    Prior to yesterday’s game vs IU, OSU played garbage *** penn state, nebraska and rutgers. At least clemson blew the roof off an overrated but still decent miami team.
    OSU has played 2 top 20 teams, Clemson played 1.

And the big 10 started its season late, while Clemson was playing against powerhouses like The Citadel.

Big 10 is a tougher division than the ACC.

Ignorance is bliss

OSU has played 2 top 20 teams, Clemson played 1.

And the big 10 started its season late, while Clemson was playing against powerhouses like The Citadel.
    Lol one of those 2 top-20 teams is now 0-5 penn state

I’m not gonna argue TL vs JF because I agree with you that they’re both very close and VERY good prospects. Either guy would make me happy as a Jets fan. But OSU has played a trash schedule outside of yesterday’s game. Clemson’s schedule is soft too, but they boatraced miami and likely would have beat ND if TL played. That’s more than OSU can say (so far... though they’re not gonna face any real tests the rest of the way, unless you think NW is a legit threat).

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Big 10 is a tougher division than the ACC.
    Generally, yes... this year, the conference is trash. PSU, Michigan, MSU and Nebraska all butt. Indy and NW are the next tier after OSU this season lol

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast