Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 169 of 177 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 2654

Thread: Jets talk

Let's switch gears.

Excluding Zach Wilson, what is the ONE particular aspect of the Jets that concerns you?

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Let's switch gears.

Excluding Zach Wilson, what is the ONE particular aspect of the Jets that concerns you?
    For me, it's the lack of a true run plug up the middle.

I think the Jets will be ok stopping outside runs but the interior is a weak spot.
    And its not the LBs.....
    Whenever OL can get directly to the 2nd level with minimum resistance, that doesn't hold well for any LB unit ever.

IMO, we need to add a beefy 325lb+ DLman that can hold the point of attack in run situations.
    Whereas most of our current DLmen are lighter penetrators and not built to tow the line.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I will say the same. The run D has to improve a bunch. If they canít stuff the run, it will be a long year

Ignorance is bliss

Agree with X againÖ a true plug up the middle is the one thing weíre missing (or at least unsure if we have that guy yet). We really filled so many holes and upgraded so many positions on the roster.

I'd like to see the Jets take a swing at DT Akiem Hicks.
    I know he's 32 but maybe a 1 or 2 yr deal will be all that's needed to secure a solid 1-2 down run stuffer.

Also DT Sheldon Richardson is available and he's good against the run, but he's not necessarily a plug per say.

You all are right on, DT to pair with Q.

Let's switch gears.

The WRs inability to catch poorly thrown balls

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    The WRs inability to catch poorly thrown balls
    You don't think Wilson has the ability to right the ship, do you?

You don't think Wilson has the ability to right the ship, do you?
    At this point Iím just joking around
    But my opinion is, I didnít love the draft pick and I think he was terrible last year, all year. Though most rookie QBs are terrible their first year. I understand he had to be the pick

Of course as a Jets fan Iím hoping he is a star

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    At this point Iím just joking around
    But my opinion is, I didnít love the draft pick and I think he was terrible last year, all year. Though most rookie QBs are terrible their first year. I understand he had to be the pick

Of course as a Jets fan Iím hoping he is a star
    Well, the Jets didn't have to pick him.

What I'm asking is not if you're hoping he is, but do you believe Zach Wilson is the answer at QB?

What I'm asking is not if you're hoping he is, but do you believe Zach Wilson is the answer at QB?
    I don't know. I will say that when drafted, I didn't believe he would be and that is still my gut but I am an optimist so I take what measured growth he had last year and hope that continues to be the trend.

Like LarryM, I would be thrilled to be wrong

Ignorance is bliss

If I were a betting man, Iíd bet Wilson will not be a FQB or the answer
    But, it truly is too early to tell. This is an important year, but he really has next year too

BTW, they didnít have to pick him, but they really had no other option since the 2021 QB class was so poorly rated and we had no veteran QB ready to go. Of course in 2020 Trey Lance was another option at the #2 pick.

Next up:

Who is the 1 "returning" player (less Zach Wilson, Carl Lawson & Mechi Becton) that you expect to make the biggest impact this year?

Next up:

Who is the 1 "returning" player (less Zach Wilson, Carl Lawson & Mechi Becton) that you expect to make the biggest impact this year?
    I'm going with my guy, Quincy Williams.

He had a mixed year last year but I think that was because he was learning on the fly.
    But with a full camp and a year in the system, I think he will be much improved and a huge key to the defensive success this year.

Next up:

Another good one. I have a few. I think Berrios and Moore will both have big years but I am going with the other Williams brother. I think with Lawson returning and the two rookies, Quinnen will be in a position to come up with a huge season.

Ignorance is bliss