Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 178 of 184 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 2757

Thread: Jets talk

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    It is really encouraging to hear Davis and now Berrios absolutely rave about Wilson.

That has to get into Mims's head.

Last year, Davis alluded to Mims needing to work harder to be the player he could be. Now these vets are talking about Wilson's work ethic, desire and flat out love of the game while Mims is on the outside looking in, this season.

If that doesn't light a fire, I don't know what will
    You can talk work ethic all you want; give me the guys that show up 110% on a Sunday afternoon. Guess what, I could care less what Aaron Donald or Patrick Mahomes does Monday-Saturday; I know good and well I am likely getting a dominant performance out of them on a Sunday afternoon.

Let's be realistic, if you look at Corey Davis, outside of may 2 or 3 games last year, he was a non-existent factor most Sunday afternoons.

Same goes with Zach Wilson; outside of maybe 2 or 3 games last year, he was pretty much a non-factor at QB most Sunday afternoons.

That's what I want; I could care less what these guys are doing right now. Show me the guys that are showing up on Sunday afternoons, helping the teams win football games, and figuring out ways to help this team not be irrelevant by the middle of October.
    Eichel Tower

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    You can talk work ethic all you want; give me the guys that show up 110% on a Sunday afternoon. Guess what, I could care less what Aaron Donald or Patrick Mahomes does Monday-Saturday; I know good and well I am likely getting a dominant performance out of them on a Sunday afternoon.

Let's be realistic, if you look at Corey Davis, outside of may 2 or 3 games last year, he was a non-existent factor most Sunday afternoons.

Same goes with Zach Wilson; outside of maybe 2 or 3 games last year, he was pretty much a non-factor at QB most Sunday afternoons.

That's what I want; I could care less what these guys are doing right now. Show me the guys that are showing up on Sunday afternoons, helping the teams win football games, and figuring out ways to help this team not be irrelevant by the middle of October.
    Of course you need to see results. I am a believer that if you have a bunch of guys who all work, you will see it. They will hold each other accountable and it won't be a bad thing.

Work ethic is important as hell, especially for a young team.
    Mims didn't work last year. Tons of talent, lacked effort. He got on the field and it showed.

You don't think Mahomes works? Darnold? Darnold maybe not as much but he's put in his time and he's got a record that stands by him.

I am pretty sure I have seen you get annoyed with guys making stupid mistakes or half azzing plays. Work ethic translates to the field. If you practice working your hardest alone and in practice, you will be ready to do the same in a game. You will be conditioned in all senses.

Ignorance is bliss

A friend of mine asked if I was concerned that CERN was going to activate their Large Haldron Collider today.

My response was, the Jets haven't won a Super Bowl in over 50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    A friend of mine asked if I was concerned that CERN was going to activate their Large Haldron Collider today.

My response was, the Jets haven't won a Super Bowl in over 50 years.
    Maybe they find a missing element or molecule the Jets lost 50 years ago and return it to them

Ignorance is bliss

Maybe they find a missing element or molecule the Jets lost 50 years ago and return it to them
    Either that or that the Jets go back and select Brady in the 2nd or 3rd round of that draft, instead of Pennington in the 1st.

Either that or that the Jets go back and select Brady in the 2nd or 3rd round of that draft, instead of Pennington in the 1st.

Something tells me that even if they had selected him, he wouldn't have had the carrier he did. The Jets would have found a way to screw him up or cut him.
    Now, drafting him would have stopped the Pats from their dynasty, so that alone is a big plus.

Ignorance is bliss

Of course you need to see results. I am a believer that if you have a bunch of guys who all work, you will see it. They will hold each other accountable and it won't be a bad thing.

Work ethic is important as hell, especially for a young team.
    Mims didn't work last year. Tons of talent, lacked effort. He got on the field and it showed.

You don't think Mahomes works? Darnold? Darnold maybe not as much but he's put in his time and he's got a record that stands by him.

I am pretty sure I have seen you get annoyed with guys making stupid mistakes or half azzing plays. Work ethic translates to the field. If you practice working your hardest alone and in practice, you will be ready to do the same in a game. You will be conditioned in all senses.
    Here is the thing Kinko, I think everyone works hard in practice. I could care less about that. Show me the guys that are making plays on Sunday afternoon and helping the team win football games. I kept hearing all last Summer, "Oh Zach Wilson to Elijah Moore" and guess what, they both did pretty much nothing most of the regular season.

Take Mims last year; we heard Saleh say, "Oh Mims had a great week of practice, he is working with the first team." And then he is inactive. Something is definitely wrong there when a guy has a great week of practice and working with the first team, and then is inactive on Sunday. Someone is lying somewhere.
    Eichel Tower

Here is the thing Kinko, I think everyone works hard in practice. I could care less about that. Show me the guys that are making plays on Sunday afternoon and helping the team win football games. I kept hearing all last Summer, "Oh Zach Wilson to Elijah Moore" and guess what, they both did pretty much nothing most of the regular season.

Take Mims last year; we heard Saleh say, "Oh Mims had a great week of practice, he is working with the first team." And then he is inactive. Something is definitely wrong there when a guy has a great week of practice and working with the first team, and then is inactive on Sunday. Someone is lying somewhere.
    Mims and Moore don't throw passes to themselves.

That's where it all starts.

I fully agree. Winning is the end result.
    I don't think all guys work hard on and off the field. I think some are lazy or don't put in the bookwork and film for to get better.
    I also think coaches protect guys. It sounds like they don't need to do that anymore.

So and so had a great week of practice... That's to shut up the media and give a guy praise for working.

All in all, I agree. Wining matters. My point is you have a better chance of winning if you have a bunch of guys, who on their own and in practice, are doing whatever they can do to get better

Ignorance is bliss

Zack Wilson is apparently a man on a MILFsion.

Cougar for cougars.

Zack Wilson is apparently a man on a MILFsion.

Cougar for cougars.
    Lol.

I get the feeling, more and more that his mom is totally gangster.
    All sweet and cute with a message of love but behind closed doors she's up in his face "WTF do you think you'r doing you little ****? Get your act together/. I didn't carry you this far for you to **** it up by banging one of my friends. And even worse, now I have to deal with your dumbazz ex. I will put her in her place"

Doors open
    "Oh my Zach wouldn't do that. This is online predators trying to hurt him. But we have too much love for him to fall victim to this."

Doors close

"Get you skinny azz into the weight room. And next time you think about ****ing one of my friends, remember this (pimp smack him to the ground). And don't even think of crying. Punk"

Ignorance is bliss

Lol.

I get the feeling, more and more that his mom is totally gangster.
    All sweet and cute with a message of love but behind closed doors she's up in his face "WTF do you think you'r doing you little ****? Get your act together/. I didn't carry you this far for you to **** it up by banging one of my friends. And even worse, now I have to deal with your dumbazz ex. I will put her in her place"

Doors open
    "Oh my Zach wouldn't do that. This is online predators trying to hurt him. But we have too much love for him to fall victim to this."

Doors close

"Get you skinny azz into the weight room. And next time you think about ****ing one of my friends, remember this (pimp smack him to the ground). And don't even think of crying. Punk"
    In Zach's defense, I've seen a few pics of his mother and her friends circulating.

I'm sure his father High-5'd him.

In Zach's defense, I've seen a few pics of his mother and her friends circulating.

I'm sure his father High-5'd him.
    I have zero issue with it. Good for him. Have fun. Good for her. Have fun

And on a really positive, football related note, he made an accurate pass that ended in a score

We can only wonder if his protection was good or if he left the safety of the pocket to take a risk

Ignorance is bliss

I have zero issue with it. Good for him. Have fun. Good for her. Have fun

And on a really positive, football related note, he made an accurate pass that ended in a score
    So you're saying:
    Zach Wilson + MILF= accuracy & TDs.

Well Jets fans, we need to take a collection/donation.
    It's time to call the pimp.