Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
    Has to be better than Patterson right?

Here’s a fun stat...

Bears are averaging 8.8 points in the first half this year. UP FROM 7.3 FROM LAST SEASON.

On the year, the bears have only scored 7 TOTAL POINTS IN THE THIRD QUARTER. 7 points. All year. In the 3rd quarter

Im not expecting miracles from lazor, but if the offense beats those numbers out of the gate with lazor, how bad does Nagy look?

With Montgomery injured and a banged up OL. And lazor was never considered a great OC.

On the flip side, if the offense looks the same, Nagy doesn’t look quite as bad.....but the dumb play calls and clock management is a tough stain to wash out.

At the end of the day, this is the house that pace built. I defended him pretty much up until this season. Can’t defend him anymore. There’s no justifying him being here next season. None

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Has to be better than Patterson right?
    Can't be worse.

At the end of the day, this is the house that pace built. I defended him pretty much up until this season. Can’t defend him anymore. There’s no justifying him being here next season. None
    Just watch, the Bears will try and find a justifiable reason to keep Pace/Nagy, especially if the Bears win a couple of these meaningless games and sneak into the playoffs. While I won't root for the Bears to lose, winning these games do not do the franchise any favors.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Can't be worse.

Just watch, the Bears will try and find a justifiable reason to keep Pace/Nagy, especially if the Bears win a couple of these meaningless games and sneak into the playoffs. While I won't root for the Bears to lose, winning these games do not do the franchise any favors.
    While you may not want CHI to win so their draft picks are improved, I don’t think you can call wins that get you a playoff berth “meaningless”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here’s a fun stat...

Bears are averaging 8.8 points in the first half this year. UP FROM 7.3 FROM LAST SEASON.

On the year, the bears have only scored 7 TOTAL POINTS IN THE THIRD QUARTER. 7 points. All year. In the 3rd quarter

Im not expecting miracles from lazor, but if the offense beats those numbers out of the gate with lazor, how bad does Nagy look?

With Montgomery injured and a banged up OL. And lazor was never considered a great OC.

On the flip side, if the offense looks the same, Nagy doesn’t look quite as bad.....but the dumb play calls and clock management is a tough stain to wash out.

I really don't care about the quarter by quarter stats. Especially for one season. It's a small sample. The point is, since he's been here, Nagy's offenses have been bad in every way. Enough time has passed where there's no real excuse and not even really any sign of improvement (if anything, things seem to be regressing).

People have ripped on Andy Reid's clock management his whole career too. Those are marginal things in the grand scheme of everything. You can do with bad clock management if everything else runs well. It hasn't.

As for the bolded, I think Nagy looks good if things turn around regardless of if he's calling plays or not. Maybe his play calling looks bad, but it already has to this point. He looks good for making the switch and staffing coaches who do run a better offense.

With that said, my expectations are in the dirt. Pretty sad if we miss the playoffs in a 7 team race after a 5-1 start, especially considering the talent on our defense. That said, it's whatever cause we aren't going anywhere anyway.

I wonder if Gary Kubiak would take another head coaching job. If we're gonna rebuild a line and run game, I think he'd be a great guy to target. He's in Minnesota anyway, so not a huge change. His offenses also don't require particularly good QB play either, so he's a perfect it for Chicago.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 11-15-2020 at 04:13 PM.

Nagy does absolutely look good if the bears turn it around. Plenty of offensive or defensive head coaches are good/great and don't call plays.

I'm just glad he finally made the call. I think its pretty good timing too when you think about. 2018 was good. 2019 was bad, but Mitch was so bad too. 2020 was bad, but with a 5-1 start it seemed like a bad idea to make that change at that time. 5-4 is still in the divisional race and playoff race.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I really don't care about the quarter by quarter stats. Especially for one season. It's a small sample. The point is, since he's been here, Nagy's offenses have been bad in every way. Enough time has passed where there's no real excuse and not even really any sign of improvement (if anything, things seem to be regressing).

People have ripped on Andy Reid's clock management his whole career too. Those are marginal things in the grand scheme of everything. You can do with bad clock management if everything else runs well. It hasn't.

As for the bolded, I think Nagy looks good if things turn around regardless of if he's calling plays or not. Maybe his play calling looks bad, but it already has to this point. He looks good for making the switch and staffing coaches who do run a better offense.

With that said, my expectations are in the dirt. Pretty sad if we miss the playoffs in a 7 team race after a 5-1 start, especially considering the talent on our defense. That said, it's whatever cause we aren't going anywhere anyway.

I wonder if Gary Kubiak would take another head coaching job. If we're gonna rebuild a line and run game, I think he'd be a great guy to target. He's in Minnesota anyway, so not a huge change. His offenses also don't require particularly good QB play either, so he's a perfect it for Chicago.
    Would be all in on kubiak.

You know who else I would consider? Toub. I’m very intrigued. Life long coach whose ST unit has finished top 5ish for the last 10 seasons I believe, which is insane. He seems like a guy who will drill the fundamentals and details, and put guys in position to succeed. It would come down to who he could hire as coordinators, but I would think he’s pretty plugged in considering his time in the NFL.

I just want a HC that knows the game inside and out and can cultivate a fundamental foundation that can also adapt and maximize the talent on the roster. Someone who also makes the smart late game decisions. Obviously these guys don’t grow on trees, but they’re out there.

Would be all in on kubiak.

You know who else I would consider? Toub. I’m very intrigued. Life long coach whose ST unit has finished top 5ish for the last 10 seasons I believe, which is insane. He seems like a guy who will drill the fundamentals and details, and put guys in position to succeed. It would come down to who he could hire as coordinators, but I would think he’s pretty plugged in considering his time in the NFL.

I just want a HC that knows the game inside and out and can cultivate a fundamental foundation that can also adapt and maximize the talent on the roster. Someone who also makes the smart late game decisions. Obviously these guys don’t grow on trees, but they’re out there.
    Yeah, it's sad that the only candidates you can trust with this org are the dinosaurs pushing 60 years old who have been around forever. They'll still screw it up though. Just a punishing team to follow.

I don't follow college football at all, is Jim Harbaugh still considered a good coach? Seems like a good match there too at least just with his history with the org.

Even if the Bears manage to clean house following the season (which I doubt will happen), I have no confidence in this organization to hire the right GM.

I don't follow college football at all, is Jim Harbaugh still considered a good coach? Seems like a good match there too at least just with his history with the org.
    Harbaug is........JAG.
    Screw sabermetics.

No way in hell both aren't back next year.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    No way in hell both aren't back next year.
    Yep. Schedule isn't hard enough and the team isn't bad enough for a total meltdown. They'll finish 8-8 or 9-7, pretty good chance to sneak into the playoffs, and have another run next year.

Idk, I've soured on Nagy plenty in the last few weeks alone. I have to say though, his QBs collectively since he's been here have been awful, and probably among the worst group of any team in the last 3 years. I don't hate the idea of him getting one more shot with a true hand-picked QB. Not sure who will be around when the Bears pick though. I'm also skeptical a first year QB is gonna make any difference. Would probably be best to just move on entirely unless Dak is available and we're just gonna throw money at him.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 11-15-2020 at 05:57 PM.

Yeah, it's sad that the only candidates you can trust with this org are the dinosaurs pushing 60 years old who have been around forever. They'll still screw it up though. Just a punishing team to follow.

A lot of people actually dislike Harbaugh and say he's not a good coach these days. He does seem a bit volatile, but he had a lot of great years in SF. Granted, the team was stacked defensively and had Vic running it. Sounds familiar.

As usual, us fans are left hoping they could nail a GM and HC hire because that's what it's going to take. Based on history, I'm not holding my breath. But as far as the HC is concerned, I don't have any leaning towards an offensive/defensive/ST guy. Just get the best candidate in the door and hope for the best. Actually, Bears are in the same position as they've always been. They nee to find a GM/HC/QB. I guess it could always be worse.

I don't want a retread HC no matter what, Harbaugh included.

That said, I wouldn't be upset if they did hire Harbaugh.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Toub is like Fangio to me. When a great coordinator with lots of ties goes years and years without a shot there a reason why. Fangio hasn't helped his case either.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast