Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Anything is possible against Cousins. Bears defense is due for some TOs. Haven't been lucky the last few weeks.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Im not sure whoís available this off season but I would sign the best OL talent available. Then draft an OT in round 1. QB or WR in round 2. OL round 3. Hell, Iíd look to trade down in round 1 and 2 for more picks. This team needs a lot of help. Id like them to sign wisnewski for depth next year too. He could backup all 3 interior spots. Unfortunately, Foles will likely be the starter next year....but with some upgrades on the OL and hopefully a new HC, the offense should be decent enough
    Would you let Robinson Walk in order to Sign a good OL? Cause I think thats a part of the equation that has to be evaluated.

I suppose at the moment I would probably go something along the lines of

1st- Best OT available. (Penei Sewell, Sam Cosmi, Alex Leatherwood, Jalen Mayfield)
    2nd- Best OL Available ( OT Walker Little, IOL Trey Hill, G Deonte Brown, OT Cade Mays, G Jackson Carman, OT Trey Smith , OT Liam Eichenberg
    3rd- Developmental QB - Kyle Trask, Jammie Newman, Mac Jones,

This lets you fix the OL... HOpefully with two capable tackles (I find an average tackle harder to find then an average guard) And Develop a guy behind Foles. And There should be plenty of options IMO with how many qbs go early. and depending on the style of QB you want.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

This is a stupid question, but would you trade mack for more draft capital?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by bears88 View Post
    This is a stupid question, but would you trade mack for more draft capital?

Depends on how we plan to attack next year? If we want to compete probably not. However if our defense needs to trim in the offseason due to cap Which it easily could I Think I might. I mean how good is this D without a Hicks or Fuller.... both of which may have to be let go simply due to finacial issues.

Would we save money by trading Mack? If we did and also got a 1st+ I would pull the trigger

Week 9: Chicago Covids at Tennessee Covids

Ahh part of me donít want to trade mack, but the other part of me I do want to trade mack because we need as much help on our offense as possible so, Iím 50/50 on trading him.

Last edited by bears88; 11-08-2020 at 11:47 PM.

If the Bears let Robinson walk I'll riot. I've watched too many years of scrub receivers. You don't let stud young players walk no matter what state your team is in.

The cap situation is overrated too. So easily manipulated.

I am not convinced ARob wants to stay. I mean, why would he? The QBs suck, the play calling is worse and the team does not appear ready to win. If I was him I would find a team where I could compete for a championship while in my prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    I am not convinced ARob wants to stay. I mean, why would he? The QBs suck, the play calling is worse and the team does not appear ready to win. If I was him I would find a team where I could compete for a championship while in my prime.

Doesn't have a choice with the franchise tag and maybe his tune changes next year. Regardless, money talks.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Doesn't have a choice with the franchise tag and maybe his tune changes next year. Regardless, money talks.
    I am not sure CHI can afford the franchise tag next year. It would take some real shuffling to make that work.

1) likely turns out the the experts were right, the bears did suck when they were 5-1.

2) not upset really. I think we all knew this was very possible.

I want to see a lose-out situation honestly.

That would probably take a Foles and Mitch injury along with Bray being as bad as some have said.

This would (HOPEFULLY)clear out Foles/Nagy, maybe Pagano (he isn't a problem imo but you can't force a coordinator on a new regime imo)

High pick, hopefully can take a great Olineman or QB prospect.

I was honestly laughing at the game yesterday.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

As much as I like Robinson, I don't think you spend anything until that o-line is fixed. Whats the point of having a top 5 receiver if he has to run 5 yard routes. The only time Foles has enough time to throw deeper passes to him is in the 4th quarter in garbage time when the defense goes prevent and stops blitzing. Spending a 1st on a qb does nothing for us if our line is still crap too. I also don't think trading Mack is the answer. The only reason guys like Edwards, RRH, and Urban look so good is because of all the attention paid to the Mack/Hicks side of the line. I think this defense declines drastically if you get rid of Mack.

So hard to be invested in this franchise anymore. It's the same formula several times each decade: horrible Offense, good/great Defense, bad coach/GM combo, no QB good enough to overcome their deficiencies on Offense, and **** ownership.

As far as this season goes, it's a culmination of Pace's brutal moves over a 3-4 year stretch. His drafts have mostly been **** since 2016, he went all in on, at the time, a questionable OL that's nothing more than a massive sunk cost now, Nagy was a bad hire, and he's failed miserably at addressing the most important position in the game.

Unfortunately, I'm betting he and Nagy still get another year, then we're facing another rebuild in 2022 onwards. A familiar cycle for the horseshit organization.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 11-09-2020 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    So hard to be invested in this franchise anymore. It's the same formula several times each decade: horrible Offense, good/great Defense, bad coach/GM combo, no QB good enough to overcome their deficiencies on Offense, and **** ownership.

As far as this season goes, it's a culmination of Pace's brutal moves over a 3-4 year stretch. His drafts have mostly been **** since 2016, he went all in on, at the time, a questionable OL that's nothing more than a massive sunk cost now, Nagy was a bad hire, and he's failed miserably at addressing the most important position in the game.

Unfortunately, I'm betting he and Nagy still get another year, then we're facing another rebuild in 2022 onwards. A familiar cycle for the horseshit organization.
    This x1000. I'm absolutely convinced this team will never be a perennial contender under the McCaskeys. I'm so sick and tired of wasting Super Bowl defenses. It's amazing how an organization can continue to do something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Leathernecks View Post
    As much as I like Robinson, I don't think you spend anything until that o-line is fixed. Whats the point of having a top 5 receiver if he has to run 5 yard routes. The only time Foles has enough time to throw deeper passes to him is in the 4th quarter in garbage time when the defense goes prevent and stops blitzing. Spending a 1st on a qb does nothing for us if our line is still crap too. I also don't think trading Mack is the answer. The only reason guys like Edwards, RRH, and Urban look so good is because of all the attention paid to the Mack/Hicks side of the line. I think this defense declines drastically if you get rid of Mack.
    Iím less than convinced the defense would fall off without Mack. They were a top 10 defense before they traded for him. Before the game yesterday, they were top 12. Thatís not really a good return on the investment.

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast