Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Itís been a pretty good November so far.
    BVW was a trash GM and Minaya is nothing more than the Wilponís lackey. Wish I could be a fly in the room where Sandy confronts Jeff for the 1st time.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Brodie couldnít even take this team to the playoffs in a season where half of the teams in the league make the playoffs.
    #thefansofthemetsdeservebetter

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

The great purge has begun, Brodie Van Wagenen is let go

Itís not BVWís fault that Stroman opted out. We probably make it if heís pitching every 5th day.

Even with 1/2 the teams making the playoffs, 60 games doesnít tell the whole story like a full season does. The Nats wouldnít have made it last year after 60 games and they won the World Series.

If the Mets just signed Wheeler they would have made the playoffs. In the end the Mets failed to make playoffs and he releases some BS WH press release that the Mets were competitive in 2019.

The funny part of this story is that Brodie has to be recertified as an agent and his prized client just left CAA.

Brodie was an arrogant jacksss who had no business being a major league GM. Then again, Jeff Wilpon had no business being a COO of anything. So there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Itís not BVWís fault that Stroman opted out. We probably make it if heís pitching every 5th day.

Even with 1/2 the teams making the playoffs, 60 games doesnít tell the whole story like a full season does. The Nats wouldnít have made it last year after 60 games and they won the World Series.
    It is his fault because he traded for him and he sucked

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Brodie was an arrogant jacksss who had no business being a major league GM. Then again, Jeff Wilpon had no business being a COO of anything. So there's that.
    Totally agree.

I would like to thank Jeff Wilpon, Saul Katz, and Fred Wilpon for their friendship and the opportunity they have given me to be part of the New York Mets family.

Fred and I have had a father-son relationship for many years, and I am looking forward for that relationship to continue.

I want to congratulate Steve Cohen on becoming the owner of this historic franchise. Steve is a friend, and I know that this has been a lifelong dream of his. I am confident that Steve's passion, competitiveness, and commitment to excellence will make Mets fans proud.

I also would like to congratulate Sandy Alderson on his new position. I've worked with Sandy and competed against him for many years, and I know that he is going to do all he can to bring this franchise a World Series Championship.

I want to thank Brodie Van Wagenen, the Mets players, and all the Mets Baseball Operations people, especially our scouts and player development staff who I worked with on a daily basis. I also would like to thank all the Mets Stadium Operations, Grounds Crew, Security, Ushers, Clubhouse Staff, Trainers, and Doctors who for the past twenty years have made Shea Stadium and Citi Field a family environment.

Most importantly, I would like to thank the fans. There are no greater fans in baseball than New York Mets fans. As a kid who grew up in the shadow of Shea Stadium, it has been an honor to be part of this organization.

Let's Go Mets,

Omar from Queens

SNY

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    If the Mets just signed Wheeler they would have made the playoffs. In the end the Mets failed to make playoffs and he releases some BS WH press release that the Mets were competitive in 2019.

The funny part of this story is that Brodie has to be recertified as an agent and his prized client just left CAA.
    Maybe if BVW had an owner with deep pockets like Cohen, perhaps that would have been an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Harleydude666 View Post
    It is his fault because he traded for him and he sucked
    Stroman didnít suck lol

The great purge has begun, Brodie Van Wagenen is let go

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I would like to thank Jeff Wilpon, Saul Katz, and Fred Wilpon for their friendship and the opportunity they have given me to be part of the New York Mets family.

Fred and I have had a father-son relationship for many years, and I am looking forward for that relationship to continue.

I want to congratulate Steve Cohen on becoming the owner of this historic franchise. Steve is a friend, and I know that this has been a lifelong dream of his. I am confident that Steve's passion, competitiveness, and commitment to excellence will make Mets fans proud.

I also would like to congratulate Sandy Alderson on his new position. I've worked with Sandy and competed against him for many years, and I know that he is going to do all he can to bring this franchise a World Series Championship.

I want to thank Brodie Van Wagenen, the Mets players, and all the Mets Baseball Operations people, especially our scouts and player development staff who I worked with on a daily basis. I also would like to thank all the Mets Stadium Operations, Grounds Crew, Security, Ushers, Clubhouse Staff, Trainers, and Doctors who for the past twenty years have made Shea Stadium and Citi Field a family environment.

Most importantly, I would like to thank the fans. There are no greater fans in baseball than New York Mets fans. As a kid who grew up in the shadow of Shea Stadium, it has been an honor to be part of this organization.

Let's Go Mets,

Omar from Queens

SNY
    Omar helped give me the best Mets baseball from my childhood so Iíll always be thankful for his efforts. Beltran in particular will forever be one of the favorite Mets of all time and he brought him here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post

Let's Go Mets,

Omar from Queens

SNY
    Very classy note.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Stroman didnít suck lol
    Gotta see what your definition of good Means

Quote Originally Posted by Harleydude666 View Post
    Gotta see what your definition of good Means

Our starting pitching this year outside of Jake sucked. Stroman was nowhere near that level of ineptitude and it was only 2 months.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast