Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GM Search Thread

Looks like we’re bringing Theo Epstein for a talk
    WOW
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 11-18-2020 at 12:09 PM.

Scrap that

he says he is not planning to, but I'm sure given a strong enough offer he would.

Now that we don't have an owner that uses Madoff as his excuse, we can actually do it.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    he says he is not planning to, but I'm sure given a strong enough offer he would.

Now that we don't have an owner that uses Madoff as his excuse, we can actually do it.
    He seems ready to take a season off to recharge his batteries. I have no doubt he'll talk to the Mets and perhaps the Phillies but dollars to doughnuts, Theo is likely to be out of baseball for 2021. He's tired. Runnig both Boston and CHC has taken a lot out of him.

If the Mets want him they'll have to wait.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    He seems ready to take a season off to recharge his batteries. I have no doubt he'll talk to the Mets and perhaps the Phillies but dollars to doughnuts, Theo is likely to be out of baseball for 2021. He's tired. Runnig both Boston and CHC has taken a lot out of him.

If the Mets want him they'll have to wait.
    If anybody wants him, they’ll have to wait. Epstein’s likely going down as one of the greatest baseball minds in history and is a definite hall of famer. I wouldn’t be surprised if he comes back either as part of an ownership group (like if Dombrowski can bring a team to Nashville) or as a teams president - like when Alderson steps down in two or three years to go along with a stake in the team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Why would he take a job reporting to Sandy? If he was interested in working for the Mets, he would require Sandy's job. Since that job is taken I think it's safe to say Theo won't be coming here any time soon.

Would love to see it happen but I think you’re right

GM Search Thread

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

POBO-Chernoff and GM-Heck seems like the early favorites right now.
    Last edited by Claymation; 11-18-2020 at 04:03 PM.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    POBP-Chernoff and GM-Heck seems like the early favorites right now.
    That sounds like a pretty awesome combo

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    POBO-Chernoff and GM-Heck seems like the early favorites right now.
    My guess was that Heck would be the GM regardless. I think Chernoff or Forst will be the pobo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Would love to see it happen but I think you’re right
    Yo macattack.. been a long time since I saw those flies!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaMetFan View Post
    Yo macattack.. been a long time since I saw those flies!

Yeah bro, a lot of things changed in my life. I’m 46 and in the last yr alone I finished my divorce, bought a house, got married and had a son. Phew, and that’s just this past years time. Oh and add 2 Great Danes to the mix. Life is great
    I downloaded free trading app and have been making a lot of money ever since. Everything green energy is flying

Good to hear things are good/better! I followed a similar path, lol. I'm now 49 (3yo. And 10mo.)!!
    I think we've been lurking here for a good 15 years... life changes a lot but this forum is still constant.
    Glad to see the Wilpon's out and Macattack back! Lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast