Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Rumor is that the team might just hire a GM and go for POBS when a better name is available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Could it be that they will wait until next year, then hire Theo Epstein as Pres of Baseball Ops.?

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    Could it be that they will wait until next year, then hire Theo Epstein as Pres of Baseball Ops.?
    Rumor is right. Alderson will handle baseball operations this year. The timing is surely convenient. Could be very possible that Theo is someone who they hire.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Rumor is right. Alderson will handle baseball operations this year. The timing is surely convenient. Could be very possible that Theo is someone who they hire.
    Looking at this from a different perspective, it does make sense to have Sandy take over now.

The Mets arenít looking to tear things down and rebuild - something Iím sure a lot of the analytically inclined candidates would want to do. It would also be tough to hire a few people to run things while not having familiarity with the organization. I have a feeling that since Sandy is responsible for 75% of the roster being drafted or internationally signed, he probably has a different understanding of value than some other candidates. Ie BVW wanted to trade McNeil, Iím sure Sandy feels very highly about McNeil instead because he has seen McNeil develop through the minors and whatnot.

Iím sure that whole familiarity factor plays in when it comes to making important decisions and means that Sandy wonít trade guys like Dom, McNeil, Nimmo, etc because of that attachment to the guys he developed. Heíll likely look for a GM who shares a similar philosophy and affable personality he can act as a consultant to and mold into a POBS down the line.

Maybe Epstein is a target down the line for whenever Sandy steps down and if the Mets are willing to grant Theo the Team President title and give him an ownership stake. Epstein is the rare candidate who has already built franchises from the ground up and might want to prove that he can keep a team competitive for the long run - since he suggested that was a flaw of his.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567