Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    To add to that, every GM was a first time GM at some point, but they worked in the FO first.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    i still don't understand why Wilpon thought hiring BVW was a good idea lol
    I believe BVW could be a good GM in the right situation. I think with Cohen he could have worked his magic and attracted high profile talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I believe BVW could be a good GM in the right situation. I think with Cohen he could have worked his magic and attracted high profile talent.
    Exactly. Because he didnít have the resources he was forced to make trade acquire high end talent to try and win now. Brodie did do some good things for the organization with regards to using data (although we are still behind the curve in that regard) and I liked his draft strategy and aggressive strategy there overall.

He likely keeps Wheeler.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    He didnít build the front office, nor the scouting department. He was over matched, and was evident each and everyday. The Mets are attracting The cream of the crop because they have the richest owner. This president of the Mets is going to build a FO that will be experienced and an elite player development system that was destroyed Jeff & Brody.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    He didnít build the front office, nor the scouting department. He was over matched, and was evident each and everyday. The Mets are attracting The cream of the crop because they have the richest owner. This president of the Mets is going to build a FO that will be experienced and an elite player development system that was destroyed Jeff & Brody.
    Amen! Preach on Brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    He likely keeps Wheeler.
    Absolutely. Unfortunately he was forced to talk him down to save face for these ****** owners. Iím so ****ing happy they are gone.

IMO Brodie spent to much on his former clients and am glad to see him gone

I still think Brodie was brought in to make the Mets more entertaining. The Wilponís knew they wouldnít be here for long so they wanted to win at all costs (trading Kelenic, and starting Alonso from day 1)

Trading Bruce/Swarzak and taking on Caboís salary gave them the illusion of spending money. They kept an artificially high payroll (that ignored insurance payments from Wright) just to keep the optics looking good. BVW was tasked with doing this while also bringing in some star power - which he did. BVW also viewed this as an entertainment industry, hence why he picked up guys like Stroman, Cano, Broxton, etc. People who had personality and/or a track record.

It wasnít a philosophy that worked but thatís all on the Wilponís. I donít think BVW trades Kelenic unless the Wilponís tell him to do whatever it takes to get to the playoffs and to keep a high payroll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Brody was the one guy that did not want some sort of rebuild.

The Wilpons knew they were not here for the long run and wanted to try and win within a 2-3 year period by mortgaging the future and get win now guys.

In theory what Brody did was a way to improve the team. Get a legit bat for second and maybe the best closer in baseball based on the year before. It blew up in his face.

Every other GM candidate took a pass or wanted to rebuild.

Brody was the one guy that did not want some sort of rebuild.

The Wilpons knew they were not here for the long run and wanted to try and win within a 2-3 year period by mortgaging the future and get win now guys.

In theory what Brody did was a way to improve the team. Get a legit bat for second and maybe the best closer in baseball based on the year before. It blew up in his face.

Every other GM candidate took a pass or wanted to rebuild.
    Yeah. Bloom wanted to rebuild and I didnít trust Doug Melvin whatsoever. Iím assuming guys like Chernoff are declining to interview because he would want to rebuild and not add on.

It makes things a tough situation for how things currently are. Forst is also looking unlikely so Iím really unsure of which route weíre going to go. I havenít heard anything about Rick Hahn, though.

Mets could always just hire a GM and skip the POBS thing until Epstein wants back in baseball. I thought there would be more information by now but guess not.

Is John Ricco back with the team, too?
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Yeah. Bloom wanted to rebuild and I didnít trust Doug Melvin whatsoever. Iím assuming guys like Chernoff are declining to interview because he would want to rebuild and not add on.

It makes things a tough situation for how things currently are. Forst is also looking unlikely so Iím really unsure of which route weíre going to go. I havenít heard anything about Rick Hahn, though.

Mets could always just hire a GM and skip the POBS thing until Epstein wants back in baseball. I thought there would be more information by now but guess not.

Is John Ricco back with the team, too?
    Ricco has never left to my knowledge.

I donít know why Chernoff would not be interested.

I mean whoever gets that job would be in line to take over Alsersonís when he retires which could be in a couple of years. Is not like he is young and he already had a health scare. I think thatís why he is not the guy in charge of baseball operations because he wants to hire guys to handle that so he can be just kind of the background.

But one thing we know about Alderso is he plays things close to the vest. We really donít know what they are thinking of doing.

Ricco has never left to my knowledge.

I donít know why Chernoff would not be interested.

I mean whoever gets that job would be in line to take over Alsersonís when he retires which could be in a couple of years. Is not like he is young and he already had a health scare. I think thatís why he is not the guy in charge of baseball operations because he wants to hire guys to handle that so he can be just kind of the background.

But one thing we know about Alderso is he plays things close to the vest. We really donít know what they are thinking of doing.
    Itís a shame Ricciardi and DePodesta arenít still with the team, I liked the old brain trust.

Iím not sure if a person would take over immediately...I genuinely think Theo Epstein is going to be a big target for the Mets in 1-3 years, theyíre going to look for someone smart to fill the void until then who also has the potential to move up, but also wouldnít feel slighted if the team didnít 100% commit. Itís a tough call imo.

I agree with your speculation of how Alderson wants to run things, I think heíll find some a sabermetrically inclined GM from the Rays, Athletics, Indians, Dodgers, etc but also a POBS who is good with making the big transaction and can operate/has been in the background of a big market club like the Dodgers, Yankees, Nats, Phillies, etc. I donít know, Iím just getting impatient lol.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Rumor is that the team might just hire a GM and go for POBS when a better name is available

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast