Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 321 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Harris would get crushed in a 2024 run by any GOP candidate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree. Even Blacks don't like her. Considering the neo-liberal crap that Biden will be pushing, a republican will win the oval in 2024. It even looks like Pelosi is losing seats in the House, again. People are forgetting the only reason that Biden won is a little more than half the country hated the other guy, who won because too many people didn't like Hillary. The DNC and Biden will act like they received a mandate from the people, and then wonder why they keep losing seats. Those damned progressives.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Harris would get crushed in a 2024 run by any GOP candidate.

Itís going to be Mayor Pete that gets the nod then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Ugh, of course lol. Another establishment corporate dem.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Agree. Even Blacks don't like her. Considering the neo-liberal crap that Biden will be pushing, a republican will win the oval in 2024. It even looks like Pelosi is losing seats in the House, again. People are forgetting the only reason that Biden won is a little more than half the country hated the other guy, who won because too many people didn't like Hillary. The DNC and Biden will act like they received a mandate from the people, and then wonder why they keep losing seats. Those damned progressives.
    If (or when) Biden does not seek re-election, Dems will have to open the primary. Without Bernie Iím not sure who the progressive voice would be that can get the same momentum.

I would like to see Harris and Buttigieg running in 2024. The way he's been schooling the dopes at Fox Opinion over the last few days makes me laugh.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    To the initial question... I hope biden bows out relatively quickly and giuves us a Harris presidency.
    He just saved American democracy. Give him a chance

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Ugh, of course lol. Another establishment corporate dem.

Dems are not ready to pick a true progressive.

Itís just facts, like I been sayin in another 10-12 years perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    You just had an election won by a borderline senile old man who can't tell his wife from his sister. A man that has already stated he will not seek a 2nd term and he may not finish his first.

More people voted for him than Trump.

So why are the Trump followers a cult but the Biden followers are not???
    Biden voters don't drool over everything he says like Trump voters do, so there is a difference. For me, Biden is a means to an end, he defeated Donald Trump. I don't think he'll be a great President and if Mcconnell keeps the Senate then nothing major will get through Congress. That said I have hope he'll be a better President than I think he will, but I know he'll be a better President than Donald Trump was.

Hopefully he will only serve one term and we can, frankly, get a better candidate in 4 years. Biden does seem to get confused and slow but he's even said he's the bridge not the future. He can prove that by serving this term and restoring sanity to the country after 4 insane years with Trump and then riding off into the sunset allowing the democratic party to make the badly needed change they need to make.

Dems are not ready to pick a true progressive.

Itís just facts, like I been sayin in another 10-12 years perhaps.
    The dems are not ready, the country is. Progressive policies poll very favorable across the board, even amongst Fox News viewers.

If given the chance without fixing it, they would do far better and pull in more votes.

And once a progressive gets in, a progressive doesn't lose. Watch the Justice Democrats. They're not going to lose any spots, even as they gain positions every 2 years.

People understand they're actually politicians that care for the people over anything else.

The reason it was this close was because Biden was so uninspiring and they only ran on Orange man bad.

Nevertheless, every time the dems throw out a centrist candidate, it prevents the country from progressing forward. They WANT us to believe that their spineless corporate conservatives are what is best for the country but all the do...is nothing because they stand for nothing.

If the dems had Bernie to throw out there during a Pandemic against someone against Healthcare, the election wouldn't have been so close. Bernie has been polling well vs Trump since 2016 and actually runs on passion and could have inspired people to go out and vote - instead of just the people that don't like Trump.

Last edited by blams; 11-07-2020 at 01:59 AM.

Click here to register!

Which of the 51 Republican senators are those progressive policies popular with? The Democrats got ZERO votes for Obamacare and people think that Republicans are going to have a come to Jesus moment and suddenly care about passing good legislation?

This is why I fight against so much of the progressive side of the party. I believe Iíve used the example here. But politics is like a constant 3rd and 1 in football. Progressives are always trying to throw Hail Marys and act like itís the right play call. You win by running it up the middle or taking a low risk pass. To escape the metaphor, incremental change is the only change thatís going to happen right now. Get that and find out what we can actually do and stop this pie in the sky ****.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Which of the 51 Republican senators are those progressive policies popular with? The Democrats got ZERO votes for Obamacare and people think that Republicans are going to have a come to Jesus moment and suddenly care about passing good legislation?

This is why I fight against so much of the progressive side of the party. I believe Iíve used the example here. But politics is like a constant 3rd and 1 in football. Progressives are always trying to throw Hail Marys and act like itís the right play call. You win by running it up the middle or taking a low risk pass. To escape the metaphor, incremental change is the only change thatís going to happen right now. Get that and find out what we can actually do and stop this pie in the sky ****.
    There isnt incremental change. Its the same **** year in year out. They want you to believe its incremental but it isn't. They do nothing.

And the republicans wouldn't have 51 if the dems let progressives run rather than wasting millions and **** centrist corporate ****s. If progressive ran on the dem ticket nationwide we'd see a rapid shift every 2 years, and they won't lose their spots. Once people see someone actually care and stand up for them they stick with them.

It isn't pie in the sky. Thats exactly what they want people to think it is.

People want government controlled Healthcare. People want a higher minimum wage. People want universal or affordable education. Those are the staples of a progressive platform, and they're not farfetched by any means.

Last edited by blams; 11-07-2020 at 02:12 AM.

Click here to register!

Letís take some bets. How many days after Bidenís inauguration will conservative talking heads start blaming Biden for the economy and the pandemic? 1 day?

Keep in mind that Hannity blamed Obama for stuff before he even got inaugurated.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Some may think that reaching out to the republicans is goood thing.

1.If the moderate were not trying to suppress the progressive wing, I might be cool with it. We know the moderate and their new Republican friends will continue to suppress the progressive wings, but now within the democrat party together. Once the republican party gets stronger, during Biden term, the moderate new friends will run back to momma, like all those republican voters that the DNC crave. The progressive wing of the party should just splinter off into a third party. Should have been done after 2016.

2.After watching the republicans during the Clinton and Obama administration, they aren't willing to play and compromise. They openly admit at the beginning of the Obama term, that they will do whatever it takes to make his presidency a fail one.
    There are various reasons that some democrat, especially on the left, don't like Republican elected officials and don't see any advantage with working with the Republicans on domestic issues.

And we definitely don't want to see the democrat working with the Republicans to cut taxes on the wealthy or increasing the military budget like they like to do in the past.
    This country needs a progressive party and it has to start right now.

Letís take some bets. How many days after Bidenís inauguration will conservative talking heads start blaming Biden for the economy and the pandemic? 1 day?

Keep in mind that Hannity blamed Obama for stuff before he even got inaugurated.

I wouldn't put it past them lol

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    There isnt incremental change. Its the same **** year in year out. They want you to believe its incremental but it isn't. They do nothing.

And the republicans wouldn't have 51 if the dems let progressives run rather than wasting millions and **** centrist corporate ****s. If progressive ran on the dem ticket nationwide we'd see a rapid shift every 2 years, and they won't lose their spots. Once people see someone actually care and stand up for them they stick with them.

It isn't pie in the sky. Thats exactly what they want people to think it is.

People want government controlled Healthcare. People want a higher minimum wage. People want universal or affordable education. Those are the staples of a progressive platform, and they're not farfetched by any means.

But none of those things are going to pass a senate with 51 votes. So this nebulous concept of people can want all the things in the world. But until the 535 people whose opinions are the only relevant factor want them, the rest is moot.

I broke down all the close races that Biden lost and only one of them Bernie (the closest we have as a standard bearer in national politics for the progressive movement) did better than Biden and that was Iowa. Bernie got trounced in all the other close states. In large part due to the black vote. By and large black voters rejected Bernie. He got 10% of the black vote.

Page 8 of 321 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast