Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 571 of 828 FirstFirst ... 71471521561569570571572573581621671 ... LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,565 of 12407
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Not when you compare death tolls. 12 thousand people dead over a strain of the flu (which some strain is commonplace yearly) is much different than a strain of coronavirus that is clearly more significant, more deadly, and taking a much bigger toll on our healthcare system. Like I said, 12 thousand people have died in the US from the coronavirus in the last 8 days.

No mutations will exist but with more inoculations they can become less virulent. That's the point of getting as many people inoculated as possible and why boosters will become important until this virus has less potency. Vaccinations don't become useless just because you can't vaccinate 100% of the population. No one said to add in anyone under 12. You're the one who said that full 46% won't be fully vaccinated. I'd bet once there is approval for the COVID vaccine for kids under 12, that 15% will be and they'll become as common as the chicken pox, measles, mumps, DTAP, Polio, etc. How long do you think that's going to take btw? Certainly not decades. You're probably talking about the next 2-3 years.

It absolutely compromises your position. If you know that something that was approved in 4 years and has been proven to be universally safe (50 years ago mind you) then you know the same can certainly be a reality with more advanced medical technology and less red tape in regards to the COVID vaccine. Especially when I just pointed out that they've been researching potential COVID vaccines since 2005. Its not as new as you like to hyperbolically suggest it is.
    Your original claim was 80% of the population have antibodies... One can assume you are saying that means 80% of the population have had covid. That would make the mortality rate 0.02%... Which is the exact same as... You guessed it, H1N1, that we again didn't shut anything down for or have widespread panic in 2009. Again, you may not want to start down the road of there are more cases than reported, it does not benefit your position.

The FDA won't even approve it for those below age 16, but yes let's give it to all the infants in the nation [emoji1751]

Two things here, you understand the MMR vaccination is an immunization and the covid vaccines are not, correct?

Also, you are aware the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are the first mRNA vaccines to be produced and tested in large-scale phase III human trials, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Checks and balances don't pop in and out of existence depending on whether or not someone engages one of the other branches of government.

I can only assume you were similarly apoplectic over the last guy's executive orders.
    Checks and balances do come and go in effect based on the bias of the people involved in the checks and balances.

Not expressing an opinion on what NBA is saying though.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    If I set the over/under at 10 states, do you go over or under on the states that are going to sue the Federal government on President Biden's latest?
    Idk. Definitely a dumb political stunt though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Your original claim was 80% of the population have antibodies... One can assume you are saying that means 80% of the population have had covid. That would make the mortality rate 0.02%... Which is the exact same as... You guessed it, H1N1, that we again didn't shut anything down for or have widespread panic in 2009. Again, you may not want to start down the road of there are more cases than reported, it does not benefit your position.

The FDA won't even approve it for those below age 16, but yes let's give it to all the infants in the nation [emoji1751]

Two things here, you understand the MMR vaccination is an immunization and the covid vaccines are not, correct?

Also, you are aware the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are the first mRNA vaccines to be produced and tested in large-scale phase III human trials, correct?
    No. 80% having antibodies doesn't mean that 80% of the US population has had COVID. That would be the combined estimate between those who have had COVID and those who have been vaccinated (as the vaccine has COVID antibodies). Even if you were to say there was just as many positive Covid cases as there was H1NI cases, 660,000 is a far greater number than 12,000. I don't know where you're getting your math from.

Where did I say they are giving it to infants currently? Moderna and Pfizer are expanding their clinical trials for kids 5-11 years old as we speak. How long do you think its going to take them to process that information and deem it safe for kids to take? Not the decades you think it will.

Not right now they're not. In 2 to 3 years time, they could be. Flu vaccines are not immunizations either but they are required for day care and schools in many states and cities. They're all pretty commonplace with the one exception being the COVID vaccine.

Yes, I'm aware. It doesn't change the fact that the study behind said vaccines aren't new, that there has been research into coronavirus vaccines going back to 2005, and that just because something was produced in an expedited time frame doesn't mean that it can't be safe.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-10-2021 at 10:41 AM.

No. 80% having antibodies doesn't mean that 80% of the US population has had COVID. That would be the combined estimate between those who have had COVID and those who have been inoculated (as the vaccine has COVID antibodies). Even if you assume 60 million people in the US have had COVID, 660,000 death is a far higher number than 60 million people who had H1NI and the death toll only being 12,000. I don't know where you're getting your math from.

Where did I say they are giving it to infants currently? Moderna and Pfizer are expanding their clinical trials for kids 5-11 years old as we speak. How long do you think its going to take them to get that information and develop a vaccine? Not the decades you think it will.

Not right now they're not. In 2 to 3 years time, they could be. Flu vaccines are not immunizations either but they are required for day care and schools in many states and cities.

Yes, I'm aware. It doesn't change the fact that the study behind said vaccines aren't new, that there has been research into coronavirus vaccines going back to 2005, and that just because something was produced in an expedited time frame that it can't be safe.
    Mortality rate is calculated by covid deaths divided by resolved covid cases. I again state for at least the 4th time, adding additional numbers to the denominator that are not also added to the numerator does not benefit your position.

Of course not decades and I'm sure we will see more people resigning from the FDA as well.

Literally no one on the planet knows if any of the 10+ covid vaccines based on long term side effects from the vaccines, are safe. The clinical data is unavailable to come to a conclusion. Essentially the world is the clinical trial to see what long term side effects, if any, arise from these vaccines.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    1. Yeah. Im not in denial about the long term failures about our decision to fund these radical groups. But the clarification is necessary especially in this age of conspiracy we live in. "We funded the Taliban" was a big talking point among truthers as a forn of "evidence" 9/11 was an inside job. Its important we're accurate when discussing these types of things in order to refrain from similar future mistakes.

2. Its super frustrating to see how engulfed in "how we left" a lot of media pundits are. Its important to report on our mistakes but people are losing touch with the big picture. I guess its just a symptom of how reactionary we are. Its causes our society to be obsessed with the short term and to completely ignore the long term.

But I truly think its only temporary bad PR. And public opinion will massiveky shift into recognizing this as a good thing overall.
    Agree the "We funded the Taliban" mantra is wrong, but often our government cover up the fact that we funded the base group that these radicals came from. Add the fact we have a bad habit of arming bad characters to push a agenda with no consideration for it's blowback. We are on agreement on short term thinking. Can't help how our own nuts play it, but often conspiracies spring up from our government questionable actions around an event. Not defending the nuts, but the government's actions that inspire them. There are a lot of unanswered questions around 9/11 that give these nuts the fuel they needed to misinform their supporters. And it doesn't help that the government have been caught in lies and cover-ups before.

People can't agree what the big picture is. Obama, AOC, Mitch, the KKK all think people can't see their big picture.
    Last edited by WES445; 09-10-2021 at 11:10 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Don't know if it will matter. The government can mandate vaccines. There's legal precedent there. The Supreme Court will vote for communal public health over individual objections and have consistently for the last 100+ years. I would be really surprised if that changed here.
    At what point is it public health would be the question.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    At what point is it public health would be the question.
    It is now.

It is now.
    There is debate about that and proof of that will be the forthcoming lawsuits.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Again, looking only at the mortality rate is a flawed approach. I’d rather a disease with a mortality rate of 50% that only infects 100 people due to extremely low spread than a disease with a mortality rate of .1% that infects 100 million due to very high spread.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Again, looking only at the mortality rate is a flawed approach. I’d rather a disease with a mortality rate of 50% that only infects 100 people due to extremely low spread than a disease with a mortality rate of .1% that infects 100 million due to very high spread.
    Especially since the virus doesn't have two outcomes (death or no death). It has so many possible outcomes such as permanent damage to our vital organs.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

If you want to be uninformed, be uninformed on your dime where it affects no one else but yourself. When you put the public's health in danger, you no longer can make those decisions without some recourse. Your freedom ends where my freedom begins (if you want to go that route). Btw who the hell wants to let you be the reason why I die or cause the death of someone else?
    Again if you have the vaccine you don’t need to worry about dying from it so who gives a crap?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Again if you have the vaccine you don’t need to worry about dying from it so who gives a crap?

So kids that can’t get the vaccine but still have to take preventive measures to avoid the non-vaccinated…**** ‘em?

Also again I have lo issues with companies requiring their employees to be vaccinated that’s perfectly legal. The federal govt however should not be mandating that

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    So kids that can’t get the vaccine but still have to take preventive measures to avoid the non-vaccinated…**** ‘em?
    Kids are really unlikely to die from this virus. The mortality rate is highest among elderly and goes much lower the younger you get